Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaddyP

The one at Anfield during the "emancipation of Mata". The one for Miki vs Spurs. The one for Young vs City. In fact, he is probably our most productive CM versus our rivals. I believe he got MotM in 2 games vs Arsenal so he probably bagged an assist. he has an accurate cross and a mean through ball. He just needs to calm down a bit sometimes. His long range passing is weak though
We were talking about his season surely? I also wasnt undermining his quality, he has one of the best through balls in the side. I was just saying 11 assist can be a bit padded sometimes as a stat, when someone like rooney haas 10. Thats all i was saying.

Unlikely lad

We were talking about his season surely? I also wasnt undermining his quality, he has one of the best through balls in the side. I was just saying 11 assist can be a bit padded sometimes as a stat, when someone like rooney haas 10. Thats all i was saying.
He's got the most in our team, so I wonder what that means about our other players

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It can be if you are watching it purely as stats without watching the games, but in this caze it's not flawed at all so there's absolutely no need to mention it here anyway. In Rooney's case it's true, majority of his assists were far from special. But if you watched games you know that too, so there's no need to mention it either.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
To be fair most of Herrera's assists have been "proper" ones, not 2 yard sidewards passes or lucky rebounds etc.

ChaddyP

To be fair most of Herrera's assists have been "proper" ones, not 2 yard sidewards passes or lucky rebounds etc.

It can be if you are watching it purely as stats without watching the games, but in this caze it's not flawed at all so there's absolutely no need to mention it here anyway. In Rooney's case it's true, majority of his assists were far from special. But if you watched games you know that too, so there's no need to mention it either.
lets remember i ended this conversation already saying fair enough as i agreed with the points made by the poster :wenger:

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
This guy must just be nailed on captain next season.

Reckon Mou already has this planned out.

KN5

Herrera's passing ability is super underrated, not by everyone I'm sure! He really knows how to stick a ball in behind. I'd be livid if he was replaced with someone that isn't at the very top of their game like Kroos, Modric, Naingollan. Think he needs competition but should be our starter most of the time.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
One of those players that knows much hard work and dedication it took to get to such a historic club. I think he's really proud of what he's achieved.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Herrera's passing ability is super underrated, not by everyone I'm sure! He really knows how to stick a ball in behind. I'd be livid if he was replaced with someone that isn't at the very top of their game like Kroos, Modric, Naingollan. Think he needs competition but should be our starter most of the time.
I honestly don't think they'd necessarily be an upgrade. What we would gain in technical ability with Kroos and Modric we would lose in workrate and defensive ability. Which would mean we would need an additional defensive midfielder/ball winner in the side anyway.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
This guy epitomises what playing for United (or any top club) should mean to a footballer. He really is amongst a select few of humble people left on this planet. Appreciates what is given (earned) to him.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Also, Moyes and LvG truly are stupid. One fecked his transfer and the other couldnt see the potential in front of him.

MadMike

He's basque, I highly doubt he'd move to Catalan.
Basques don't hate Catalans, if that's what you're implying. Boths Basques and Catalans have a language and identity which is different from Spanish and both communities (to a degree, not everyone ofc) want independence from Spain. They have a few things in common that way. It'd be weirder for a Basque to play for Real Madrid than to play for Barca.

KN5

I honestly don't think they'd necessarily be an upgrade. What we would gain in technical ability with Kroos and Modric we would lose in workrate and defensive ability. Which would mean we would need an additional defensive midfielder/ball winner in the side anyway.
That makes sense, I don't think the defensive ability would matter as much because having Kroos paired with Pogba with the likes of Mkhi infront of them, I don't see how we don't control the possession for most of the game. However the work rate would be a big miss, it's the type of work rate you can only really compare with Valencia or Park Ji Sung.

Stacks

We should've kept Pogba, signed Thiago and then Ander also, especially since there were big links for both Spaniards. Our midfield would be as complete as it can get

KN5

We should've kept Pogba, signed Thiago and then Ander also, especially since there were big links for both Spaniards. Our midfield would be as complete as it can get
I remember the Thiago fiasco, sad we didn't get him looking at how good he is now.

Stacks

I remember the Thiago fiasco, sad we didn't get him looking at how good he is now.
There is a fiasco with nearly all our Centre Midfielders though. The Pogba fiasco (losing him for peanuts, paying for him with the souls of 1,000 virgins) the Ander fiasco - where allegedly some false lawyers bought his paperwork and missed the deadline blah blah blah. The Fellaini fiasco - could of got him with release clause, made a crap bid for him and Baines, bought him for more.....

KN5

There is a fiasco with nearly all our Centre Midfielders though. The Pogba fiasco (losing him for peanuts, paying for him with the souls of 1,000 virgins) the Ander fiasco - where allegedly some false lawyers bought his paperwork and missed the deadline blah blah blah. The Fellaini fiasco - could of got him with release clause, made a crap bid for him and Baines, bought him for more.....
I'm glad you remember the good times. :drool:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
That makes sense, I don't think the defensive ability would matter as much because having Kroos paired with Pogba with the likes of Mkhi infront of them, I don't see how we don't control the possession for most of the game. However the work rate would be a big miss, it's the type of work rate you can only really compare with Valencia or Park Ji Sung.
Let's must play Kroos, Ander and Pogba in midfield 3. :D

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Ander (swoon)..... lovely video

Make him El Capitan already!

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Suits me just fine. Last thing I want is some Castillan or Catalan tossers taking notice and trying to lure him back. He can fly under the radar for another 3-4 years as far as I'm concerned, just like Carrick did for much of his career/
Barcelona's paper of choice, Mundo Deportivo, wrote two glowing pieces about Herrera last week. The second of which claimed he'd fit in well at Barca.

Today in Marca's latest De Gea piece it was claimed, in private conversations somehow only Marca knows about, Jose Mourinho has told Ander he can leave Man Utd if his asking price is met.

Don't be surprised if MD and Marca pieces on Ander become more frequent once the transfer window is open...

Womp

idiot
Barcelona's paper of choice, Mundo Deportivo, wrote two glowing pieces about Herrera last week. The second of which claimed he'd fit in well at Barca.

Today in Marca's latest De Gea piece it was claimed, in private conversations somehow only Marca knows about, Jose Mourinho has told Ander he can leave Man Utd if his asking price is met.

Don't be surprised if MD and Marca pieces on Ander become more frequent once the transfer window is open...
Herrera wouldn't want to leave unless we wanted him to. You can tell he genuinely is in awe. He loves the club and is the most passionate player in our squad.

After a season like this, anything short of 50-60 million and Jose would probably laugh. (Yes Kante went for less, but Leicester don't have the resources to ask for more, not an accurate representation of the prices of midfielders imo.)

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
That mofo had an awakening or something. He has surpassed his previous level. Moved up a bracket.

criticalanalysis

That mofo had an awakening or something. He has surpassed his previous level. Moved up a bracket.
Yes and no.

If you saw his game during Bilbao, he always had it in his locker to be the player he is now. He was already doing it albeit in a less tactically disciplined and more free roaming style there.

He's just been given a solid platform to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.