Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Some serious underrating here. It's not enough to say he was good but there needs to be a line of us not winning titles if he's a constant starter. Which is ridiculous. If he can be good in a system and if he performs constantly good then those kind of statements are silly. You can't have a first 11 of elite world class players. You need Herreras of this world too and if Herrera can do a job he's asked to do then that's it.

Mid table player statement is crazy too.

As someone said Pogba was bad vs Feyenoord, so will we win those titles with him in the lineup or we need even better.

It's similar to Fellaini. He's good, he was our best mid which tells you something. People dream about some United where all the players would be galacticos. Ok you can say we need a better player but for now we have a team which we have and most important thing is for that team to play good. If Fellaini and Herrera are working well in the team there's no need for some of those posts.
No matter who we buy there will always be someone who says someone is better. The old his wife is sexier than mine syndrome. To me it is up to the manager to mould these players into a team. You could have a World XI and not win the league if they are just a team of individuals. You need a number of hard workers in your side. I would actually prefer a couple more Ander's as not sure some will pull their weight when the going gets tough and that has been the problem for a number of years.

prath92

He is a very under utilized player. He plays a lot of very good games when given a chance and has a lot of qualities in his armour
Hopefully Jose will play him consistently,if that happens, he will be the surprise package this season
He got many games even last season though. January and Feb he didn't miss a game iirc

Ban

No matter who we buy there will always be someone who says someone is better. The old his wife is sexier than mine syndrome. To me it is up to the manager to mould these players into a team. You could have a World XI and not win the league if they are just a team of individuals. You need a number of hard workers in your side. I would actually prefer a couple more Ander's as not sure some will pull their weight when the going gets tough and that has been the problem for a number of years.
Exactly that. Grass is always greener and stuff like that.
I mean you could say for almost all the players we have or some do.
He and he is good but we should buy that other player.

And so on.

Look at Fergie's teams especially latter ones. As indviduals they weren't great but they worked in a system and work good they did.

DomesticTadpole

Exactly that. Grass is always greener and stuff like that.
I mean you could say for almost all the players we have or some do.
He and he is good but we should buy that other player.

And so on.

Look at Fergie's teams especially latter ones. As indviduals they weren't great but they worked in a system and work good they did.
We have been saying for the last few seasons that our managers have not built a system round the players they have, instead have played players out of position to shoehorn other players in. There seems to be no plan. Sir Alex was scouting Ander, then Moyes instead of going straight in for him from the start, left it until the last day of the transfer window. I bet SAF had a plan for him.

Ban

We have been saying for the last few seasons that our managers have not built a system round the players they have, instead have played players out of position to shoehorn other players in. There seems to be no plan. Sir Alex was scouting Ander, then Moyes instead of going straight in for him from the start, left it until the last day of the transfer window. I bet SAF had a plan for him.
It seems Jose likes him and lets hope he'll know how to use him. Finally a manager who will know that hopefully.

dichinero

Some just can't be happy for the guy. He is hardly getting game time but our most difficult games where we lost, he has been the only positive across the two games.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
So, he's dropped after being our best player for the past two games. Not blaming Mourinho and moaning, but hopefully people can stop at least blaming him for being inconsistent or something like that. If he was tristed as some of our other players he would be much better too, but even used like this he's started the season really well.

Rajma

Should be playing in the midfield of three with Pogba and Carrick to allow us control the games. Don't know what Mourinho is thinking by fielding the most disjoint midfield possible.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
He'll come on in the second half and we'll look better again and he won't start again next game. Rinse and repeat.

Devil may care

Need to get him into that midfield, ridiculous that he's on the bench after 2 good performances in a row.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Best player in the last two games doesn't get a minute today, great stuff. But the important thing to say is that we won't win anything with players like Herrera, right guys?

izec

I am not a big fan of him, but every time he puts in decent performances, he gets benched in favour of other out of form players. Same with van Gaal. It is quite baffling.

DomesticTadpole

I am not a big fan of him, but every time he puts in decent performances, he gets benched in favour of other out of form players. Same with van Gaal. It is quite baffling.
He would have shown a bit more urgency that those idiots today. Fellaini is only there for his supposed physicality and Pogba, god help me. Although he isn't using him right to accommodate Waynaldo.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Bemusing that Mou viewed him as outstanding in second half of derby, yet didn't get off the bench today. Our team was crying out for Ander's thrust against Watford.

OldTrevil

How do you expect consistency and confidence from a player when you bench him after good performances? We've said it for years but shoehorning Rooney does far more damage to the team than his shit performances.

pseudo_canadian

Really disappointing that we're not using him, especially after a couple of good performances.

Should be playing instead of Rooney, but it's not going to happen.

DomesticTadpole

Really disappointing that we're not using him, especially after a couple of good performances.

Should be playing instead of Rooney, but it's not going to happen.
We need an online petition and questions in parliament. Joking aside, it was at least crying out for his introduction when we equalised. Really turn the screw on Watford and press them back.

ThanksBoss26

There are much bigger fans of him than me on here. Just lacks enough consistency for me, not helped by being in and out the side in his defence.

But he brings something to the side in terms of tempo and legs in the midfield.

As I said in another thread, I'd like to see him and Carrick given a run alongside Pogba.

LouisDanGaal

Our wide players aren't up to much and 4-3-3 doesn't seem to work, so hear me out.

We bring back the diamond, dave, shaw blind bailly Valencia, fellaini, Herrera pogba mata, zlatan rashford.

LouisDanGaal

Any formation minus Wayne Rooney would please me.
Plus its a diamond. Whats cooler than a diamond.

Mourinho knows how to get the best out of it too, his Chelsea diamond in his first spell there was one of the best teams I have ever seen.

sugar_kane

I love the guy but I'm not that bothered he wasn't brought on.

He's not really a match winner, or the sort of guy to turn a sack of shite performance around.

DomesticTadpole

I love the guy but I'm not that bothered he wasn't brought on.

He's not really a match winner, or the sort of guy to turn a sack of shite performance around.
He changed the game against City, but for a terrible refereeing decision we would have got something out of that. He gave us impetus.
Although at least the lad cannot be blamed for what happened today, which will have foiled some folks.

podurban2

Plus its a diamond. Whats cooler than a diamond.

Mourinho knows how to get the best out of it too, his Chelsea diamond in his first spell there was one of the best teams I have ever seen.
I have been thinking about this lately. A diamond could suit us like a glove.

LouisDanGaal

I have been thinking about this lately. A diamond could suit us like a glove.
Especially with our fast and full of stamina full backs. That tends to be the problem with diamonds the lack of width and pace out wide, but with shaw and Valencia we should be okay.

podurban2

Diamond with our static players, with virtually no movement ? It'd be worse than right now.
Obviously not with Rooney or even Fellaini. I'd include Herrera, Mkhi, Martial, and Rashford. Plenty of mobility there.

Northampton 1:3 Man Utd

podurban2

At least he is showing some spirit unlike most of the team. Also playing with a true deep controlling midfielder like Carrick gives him more space to use his mobility and take chances. He should be played every week imo - play him into form.

Dir Wangem

Great strike. He's been our best player today. Should start with Carrick and Pogba on Saturday.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
No surprises that we score when we completely bypass Rooney. Get in Herrera! The audition to replace the captain has gone well.

Status
Not open for further replies.