Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
A player who has stepped up this season, delighted with this. Amazed at some of the negative comments in this thread.

Giggs86

Should be the second name on the team sheet after De Gea. Mourinho is getting the best out of him.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Last edited:

Brightonian

He sees things ridiculously early. Two or three passes before someone actually gets the ball, he's moving to cover them.

Verbalkint

It's time he inherited the 'Three Lung' nick from dear old Park.

Ran his socks off, and did so to great effect. Phenomenal showing :)

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He really has been the player we know he can be this season. He's just a proper footballer, he has a nice balance of everything which makes him so adaptable. He's probably our only player that can truly play 6,8 and 10 at a very high standard. It's no surprise Jose has become so keen on him really. I just hope he can keep it going for the full season, as it stands he's up there with the best midfielders in the league and he's looked even better than his time at Bilbao.

UDontMessWith24

I've been saying since his very first competitive appearance in a United shirt that he's an absolute quality midfielder and should be one of the first names on the team sheet, but had you told me back then that he would put in world class performances in the number 6 role even I would have been skeptical. After last season I thought he might be kicking down the exit doors to get back to Spain so it's great to see his loyalty and perseverance being rewarded. Not a midfielder in the league I'd take over him atm.

sportsczy

Supports
Real Madrid
I'm very happy with how he's played since being picked. He can play. Just needed an opportunity. Maybe Schneiderlin gets a chance next to him soon.

izec

I'm very happy with how he's played since being picked. He can play. Just needed an opportunity. Maybe Schneiderlin gets a chance next to him soon.
Wait no Martial bashing? 90% of your post are in the Martial thread, and the other 9,99 in the La Liga/Real/Ronaldo probably.

Chelsea 4:0 Man Utd

Backrow Singer

Not sure what you guys think but I was impressed by him today. In a game where everything around him went wrong, this lad stood up and did his job for 90 minutes: uses the ball intelligently, has a lovely awareness for space and was always available. Ran the midfield on his own for large periods of the game.

Tough afternoon but he's developing into a fine player IMO.

izec

He was ok, but far from very good or impressive. There were a couple of occasions both offesnively and defensively where he looked like a pub player. His passing overall was still not good enough.

kundalini

I thought Herrera was awful today (of course not the only one). Passing was off and defensively seemed to give up several times.

acnumber9

He was ok, but far from very good or impressive. There were a couple of occasions both offesnively and defensively where he looked like a pub player. His passing overall was still not good enough.
I agree with this. He worked hard apart from where it was actually required. He was strolling when Kante was dancing through our team. The number of times he runs towards a player with the ball just to give it straight back to them exactly where they had it before is infuriating and utterly pointless. If he's going to be our main midfielder we'll continue to struggle.

JeffBoomTetris

He was poor because of 4-0 result not because of his own performance which was good. But he didn't give up today. Kept running and initiating plays even though the players ahead lost the ball countless times. Only he, Rashford and Valencia can come out with heads held high

justboy68

He actually resembled something of a United player at the least. Definitely among the least of our problems.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Te only player IMO who showed some fight. If every player played with his attitude, we may not have lost at the very least

thepolice123

We need to play him together with a defensive minded midfield. The Hazard goal was his fault. Pressed up and got caught in no-man's land.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
We need to play him together with a defensive minded midfield. The Hazard goal was his fault. Pressed up and got caught in no-man's land.
Problem at that stage is that he was trying to do something. Our problems started with conceding early, ridiculously early. Kept them quiet for the first 20 minutes and then get yourself into the game. He wasn't good, but there were maybe 8 worse. Think only Valencia offered anything.

DomesticTadpole

He needs to play at Fellianis position and we need a carrick type palyer behind him ..
Carrick should have started for his passing and composure. If Michael can only play one every Preston Guild what is the point of him being here. Play him today and rest him Wednesday. Then play him against Burnley.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The least of our problems today. Particularly as Fellaini and Pogba left him with so much to do in the first half.

DomesticTadpole

I agree, I thought he used the ball well most of the time, after Valencia he was our best player.
Ron Atkinson said that the lad was left on his own most of the time to do it all himself in front of the defence. People say he is not disciplined, but Fellaini and Pogba should have done their defensive duties when needed.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
I thought he was our best player. He never let his head drop and closed down as much as he could. Unfortunately, you can't do it all yourself, and he was let down by his team mates.

Manny

Grammar Police
I thought he was poor.

He was getting sucked towards the ball and leaving gaps for Chelsea to exploit.

donkeyfish

Difficult to assess imo. It looked like he was lost several times, but that may be due to lack of support. But he did lose a decent number of 50/50s, which is not promising.

Showed effort at least. Sadly, that is enough today to be one of our better players.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was crap. running a lot doesn't make it a good performance. He was as shite as the rest of them.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Not sure what you guys think but I was impressed by him today. In a game where everything around him went wrong, this lad stood up and did his job for 90 minutes: uses the ball intelligently, has a lovely awareness for space and was always available. Ran the midfield on his own for large periods of the game.

Tough afternoon but he's developing into a fine player IMO.
Man of the match on our side for me.
Then again, I only watched the first half, thank god.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
He was quite bad, objectively speaking. Looking like "he cares" is nice but it's of no use when he doesn't back it up with any tangible contribution. I'm not sure what his role was today, in all honesty.

Devil may care

Ron Atkinson said that the lad was left on his own most of the time to do it all himself in front of the defence. People say he is not disciplined, but Fellaini and Pogba should have done their defensive duties when needed.
Part of that was Jose's fault as well, he clearly had Fellaini play higher up than at Anfield and that was pointless as Fellaini offers nothing taking the ball into feet higher up the pitch, and he can't get back top help Ander out. If we start Fellaini we have to set up with him next to Ander as a destroyer, if we want to use the extra midfielder to attack then play Mata. Pogba needs to realize this ain't Serie A, he's not free to just do as he pleases in these games.

Status
Not open for further replies.