5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapardin

We're playng Everton at home, Pogba is injured, and he still doesn't get to start? Strange...
Or maybe its' just because Fellaini has been very good in the past few games and deserves to start.

No conspiracy theories to see here. Herrera will get his chance when the team needs him.

ManUtd1999

I like Fellaini, but I feel for Herrera: from our POTY last season to 4th in the pecking order. That must be hard to swallow. On the other hand, this is perhaps his time to show patience and wait for his chances, just like Fellaini did.

The arrival of Matic put him in a bad fix:
Matic is stronger physically and better defensively
Pogba is stronger physically and better offensively (and arguably our biggest star)
Fellaini is stronger physically, better in the air, can perform in multiple positions, knows how to bully the oppositions, etc.

And so, Pogba and Matic are a lock in our midfield, and the question becomes whom does Mourinho prefer as the 3rd option. Fellaini's performances as a sub have earned him the start today, but things can change. Herrera has just to be patient (as hard as that might be).

Dir Wangem

Jose prefers Fellaini and Fellaini has done well recently. What's so strange about that?
Does Mourinho generally prefer Fellaini? I thought that was just for the really tough games(or coming on as a sub).

No conspiracy theories to see here. Herrera will get his chance when the team needs him.
I'm not suggesting that anything has happened behind the scenes. I just thought Herrera was a no-brainer for today's game. Guess I was wrong.

WhoDaGOAT

And when he played he was poor and thus has limited his game time.

This fanboying is annoying. Just support the selected players ffs
I'm sorry, if being off the pace after an injury is annoying.

I like Fellaini more than most, so get off my case you sausage.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
An ever present last season and key figure, now suddenly on the outskirts.

You do the math.
Yes.

The maths is that we signed Matic that is a proper CDM that allows Jose to play a 2 man midfield like he prefers.

Its just stupid to think its some sort of conspiracy theory and you have to question someone who honestly believes such things.,

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Maybe because Herrera has played a total of 77 minutes in the league.
Largely because we have been playing a 2 man midfield nearly every game except for last week when he did start. If Fellaini hadn't played so well mid week, I imagine Herrera would be starting.

The stories would have further credence if Herrera couldn't make the bench, but he has.

Bojan11

Maybe because Herrera has played a total of 77 minutes in the league.
And we played 5 games? Pogba and Matic did well. Fellaini has done well when coming on.

Is that hard to work out for you?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Should be starting over Fellaini.. whether the belgian is scoring or not.

WhoDaGOAT

Yes.

The maths is that we signed Matic that is a proper CDM that allows Jose to play a 2 man midfield like he prefers.

Its just stupid to think its some sort of conspiracy theory and you have to question someone who honestly believes such things.,
Herrera was ten times better than Pogba last season, and can easily play in a two.

It's stupid to call others stupid because they don't believe the media are 100% wrong in anything negative that's reported.

K2K

I'm sorry, if being off the pace after an injury is annoying.

I like Fellaini more than most, so get off my case you sausage.
Its just making a mountain out of a non issue.

Fellaini was MOTM in the last game . Anyone with some sense would expect him to start the next game over a player that has hardly played. But expecting that kind o logical thinking from some on here seems to be too much to ask.

WhoDaGOAT

And we played 5 games? Pogba and Matic did well. Fellaini has done well when coming on.

Is that hard to work out for you?
Post reported for personal attacks and following around the forum. Good day.

IrishRedDevil

Does Mourinho generally prefer Fellaini? I thought that was just for the really tough games(or coming on as a sub).
Yes. The obvious first two choices are Pogba and Matic, and 3rd choice seems to be Fallaini who has done well recently with good performances and goals. Herrera has to fight for his place, but when he started a few weeks back he was poor.

K2K

Herrera was ten times better than Pogba last season, and can easily play in a two.

It's stupid to call others stupid because they don't believe the media are 100% wrong in anything negative that's reported.
Jose clearly prefers Pogba, who has rewarded his faith by being our best player in the previous month.

How you have come up with the 10 times better thing, I certainly dont want to even both knowing.

WhoDaGOAT

Its just making a mountain out of a non issue.

Fellaini was MOTM in the last game . Anyone with some sense would expect him to start the next game over a player that has hardly played. But expecting that kind o logical thinking from some on here seems to be too much to ask.
Fellaini is a good impact player. That was Basel, this is a step up. He is always useful at coming off the bench when we want to go more direct. Matić andFellaini don't seem like an ideal pairing, in my opinion.

I disagree with you. No need to get so sad because others don't agree with your own logic.

Last edited:

WhoDaGOAT

Jose clearly prefers Pogba, who has rewarded his faith by being our best player in the previous month.

How you have come up with the 10 times better thing, I certainly dont want to even both knowing.
Of course he does. Loyal to his boys, that's why they always play. Pogba is one of the great myths of this decade.

From watching the games, perhaps? MotM vs Liverpool and Chelsea. More assists, and a better player than Kanté statistically speaking. One of the best individual seasons of this decade.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Jose prefers Fellaini and Fellaini has done well recently. What's so strange about that?
Indeed.
Even though I rate Herrera highly, based on current form, I'd also choose the big man. The one game we lacked Fellaini - we drew. Put simply, he is currently a vital to us and if it came to Herrara vs Fellaini, I'd choose Fellaini at this current time.

In saying all of the above, I expect Herrera to finish this season as our best outfield player (like last season).

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He is now fourth midfield option. From future captain to this in few months. Pogba, matic, fellaini are in front of him. He will not be happy . But the truth is that fellaini is in better form than him at this moment.

King.of.Red

Indeed.
Even though I rate Herrera highly, based on current form, I'd also choose the big man. The one game we lacked Fellaini - we drew. Put simply, he is currently a vital to us and if it came to Herrara vs Fellaini, I'd choose Fellaini at this current time.

In saying all of the above, I expect Herrera to finish this season as our best outfield player (like last season).
agree. Fellaini is in better form right now than Herrera so reasonable decision from Jose. and I dont really care about Jose decision as long as we get 3 points.

cyberman

Save Herrera for the massive games coming up in a few weeks. We're suddenly thin in midfield ( Well done Perreira)

izec

Could be starting for Barca, sitting on the bench and Fellaini getting preferred. Also no contract extension.

Kazi

The future captain talk was ridiculous in the first place. Herrera will get his opportunities.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Save Herrera for the massive games coming up in a few weeks. We're suddenly thin in midfield ( Well done Perreira)
He wasn't even making the bench. With Pogba's fitness history, Pereira could have ended up getting minutes similar to Fosu-Mensah did for us last season which would be a waste. Given the choice between 200 mins for United throughout the season or 2000 for Valencia he was always going to opt for the latter.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Don't see the debate and I detest Fellaini playing for us.
Herrera was poor against Stoke.

Ace of Spades

Does anyone think that maybe Fellaini is considered as Pogba's backup and Herrera is Matic's ??

He did play the majority of his games last season where Matic is playing now.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Don't see the debate and I detest Fellaini playing for us.
Herrera was poor against Stoke.
Why are Jones and Bailly starting?

He has started one game and played few minutes in other game ffs, and people think it's because of his "performances" this season. :lol:

Either Mourinho simply don't think he is good pair with Matic, or he has personal priblem with him. His performances from this season have nothing to do with him not starting today.

Kazi

Does anyone think that maybe Fellaini is considered as Pogba's backup and Herrera is Matic's ??

He did play the majority of his games last season where Matic is playing now.
I think both can cover both positions if necessary, Fellaini is just the form player, simple as that.

Ace of Spades

I think both can cover both positions if necessary, Fellaini is just the form player, simple as that.
Fellaini is crap as a defensive midfielder, so I think Herrera is seen more as a defensive mid by Mou.

Man Utd 4:0 Everton

Rane

Fellaini is more up to speed than Ander as things stand, more in form. Of course he starts. Deserves his chance.

Ander is the more talented player and brings more to the team overall, but he does take a while to build up his consistency.

Both will make important contributions throughout the campaign but I expect Herrera to start the big games.

Status
Not open for further replies.