5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VP

It's absolutely criminal that Fellaini is starting ahead of him.

emdee04

Clearly the best partner for Matic in the absence of Pogba. I hope he does well again against Palace for Mourinho to realise this

Last edited:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
How many interceptions did he have today? Like 100?

Love Ander.
Won the ball back 11 times with 3 interceptions, more than any other player. He also completed the most passes, had the highest pass completion and covered the most distance. Two of his interceptions also led directly to goals. Ander in a nutshell.

dichinero

Won the ball back 11 times with 3 interceptions, more than any other player. He also completed the most passes, had the highest pass completion and covered the most distance. Two of his interceptions also led directly to goals. Ander in a nutshell.
Also had the most interceptions last week in the PL despite coming on as a late sub. Amazing

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Actually looked like we had a midfield yesterday unlike against Everton and Southampton.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Glad to see him back in the team doing his ting. Underrated gem of a player imo.

AdnanRED

I love how quickly he reacts to an opposition getting the ball (like a fly on sh!t) and his tackles seem pretty clean too so that we can start a quick counter!

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His best performance this season, just when we need him. That's why I love Ander, always steps up when you need him.

SteveW

He has to be in the team until Pogba comes back. Choosing Fellaini ahead of him is ridiculous.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
People were saying his form was poor despite not playing any games at start of the season, and that he didn't deserve to start games because of that, ridiculous.

Pace Abuser

The "Fellaini over Herrera" brigade baffle me. Have baffled me from the beginning. Herrera is better than him and more conducive to fluid football. The fact people debate this is baffling.

yfoFC

Gutted not to see him start as he's played well when given his chance and our midfield has lost the plot in the last two matches without him

His situation flies under the radar 'cause of the martial-rashford situation but this case is almost as bad, Herrera should be starting ahead of fellani no question

Devil may care

This one is even more frustrating than the Martial situation, the midfield with 2 big one paced units in is unbalanced, Herrera showed the other night that he's a great compliment to Matic while Pogba is out yet we are back to Mourinho's obsession with the fecking tree.

Kazi

Both Mkhi and Mata provide the link between midfield and attack so he's a bit redundant

cyberman

Palace will be sitting deep and relying on set plays so having an arial threat in Fellaini makes sense.
Why would we play with two holding v Palace?

luke511

Palace will be sitting deep and relying on set plays so having an arial threat in Fellaini makes sense.
Why would we play with two holding v Palace?
Herrera's constant movement is just as big a threat as Fellaini's aerial ability.

NinjaFletch

CSKA were absolutely dogshit.

Making changes (going 3 at the back, bringing Herrera in for Fellaini and dropping Rashford or whatever else the Caf is fixated on at the minute) would be daft. Yes Herrera had a good game mid-week, but he's not first choice at the minute and it's up to him (and Martial) to string performances together to force himself in to the team.

This competition for places is good, embrace it.

InfiniteBoredom

I'd imagine that Jose believes CP's primary way of getting out of their own half will be long balls from the back and Fellaini is more useful in winning the 2nd ball. Not what I'd do but it's a valid tactical reason.

Fellaini hasn't been good as a partner for Matic though. We got overrun with that pairing 2 league games in a row now, so hopefully it turns today.

Pace Abuser

Herrera is far superior and I'm only trying to rationalise this decision in mind because it is baffling not to deploy the better player.

However I'm thinking it's perhaps a more efficient use of resource. Fellaini should be enough against Palace, whereas Herrera ould be overkill of better talent. It protects Herrera too just incase. Perhaps Jose sees Herrera as the Matic cover. I could live with that reasoning, but not that fellaini is preferred :/

cyberman

@luke511
But is Fellaini's ability in defensive situations not worth more than Herreras ability to work hard v a midfield that basically isn't there?
Fellaini is clearing everything out while Matic is running midfield. I can't see what Ander would have brought.
Wrap him up in cotton wool

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's been looking really sharp the last few games even with a bit of limited game time. Really hoping he starts getting the starts more because him partnering Matic is a way better midfield in terms of controlling games and creating chances. Fellaini of course has more of a goal threat, but I think we'd create more overall.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s everywhere. Excellent cameo today.

Drainy

I like him at attacking midfield/no 10. Plays to his strengths, though obviously his poor finishing will also show up more often!

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Good to see him coming into form, will be instrumental against the scouse.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Another great cameo, his attitude is excellent.

el3mel

Excellent again. He has his role to play in the team whatever as a sub or a starter.

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Showing the early season form was just him getting in gear.

Devil may care

Really good run out today, snapped into everything and almost got an assist before playing a lovely pass in the build up to the 4th goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.