5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

arthurka

Our midfield went to shits when Mou took Pogba and put Matic on.. Not saying Herrera was good but that tactical change just fecked it up.. Matic was terrible after he came on and tacking Martial off was even worse from Jose.. We were a shambles in the second half Herrera included..

NoPace

Good first half poor in the second like most of the team. I feel Mourinho has turned him too defensive. He just don't make many good runs anymore or link up the way he did under LVG when he often played.
I agree. He played well enough today as a 6 (unlucky not to get an assist on a fine ball to Martial, too) but I think he'd be doing a lot better at a club just playing a normal 4-3-3 most games like Liverpool.

Reddevildans

Really disappointed with him as I'm a fan of his. Technically reasonable and shows great energy. But his lack of risk taking in passing is a huge problem. Too many backward and sideward passes for my liking when he has the capacity to play those through balls to bypass the midfield. He reached his peak last season but I'm afraid I can't see a higher ceiling for him here.

snk123

The thing is he was never like this. In his first game when he joined Utd he created like 10 through balls for Young. Slowly and gradually he's become more and more defensive for some reason. I blame the managers

Smores

Good first half poor in the second like most of the team. I feel Mourinho has turned him too defensive. He just don't make many good runs anymore or link up the way he did under LVG when he often played.
You mean when he was shit and never played? Christ he was more or less our best player last season under Jose. Wierd complaint

Herrera is a Fletcher standard player for me. Brilliant to have such a useful squad member but he should only be played alongside another midfielder that can provide the attacking intent. Unfortunately we only have one.

Denis79

He didn't play much at all under LVG, last year under Mou he was good.

Acole9

Outstanding
He didn't really do a lot, he probably would've been the better option to take off than Pogba but I guess Mourinho doesn't want to risk him getting another injury.

Norris

Erm, He was absolutely fine in the first half. Did his job as the deepest lying midfielder defensively, made a couple of interceptions as well. I would go far as to say that he played well as long as Pogba was on the pitch.

I know people hate his sideways passing and his attempts at quick 1-2's, but those traits have been in his game for a very long time now. Have people forgotten how there were articles around how Herrera and Mata had the same wavelength of understanding in their first season together at the club. I'm not saying that he should keep doing that, he could do with improving his decision making.

shield

Again, I don't know what is wrong with him. I don't like reasons like "He was playing well with Pogba". I have seen him dominate matches on his own. In LVG's first season, I remember that match against Chelsea when Carrick got injured and he was running the entire midfield. Now, he is just focuses on closing down players and nicking the ball, and then playing a short side ways or backward pass. I still feel his technical ability is on par with Pogba. Must be some confidence issue.

kr0nix

Wasn't it his pass that created a great chance for Martial that the keeper saved?

EDIT: Martial chance

Eddy_JukeZ

Again, I don't know what is wrong with him. I don't like reasons like "He was playing well with Pogba". I have seen him dominate matches on his own. In LVG's first season, I remember that match against Chelsea when Carrick got injured and he was running the entire midfield. Now, he is just focuses on closing down players and nicking the ball, and then playing a short side ways or backward pass. I still feel his technical ability is on par with Pogba. Must be some confidence issue.
Nowhere near Pogba's.

And that game vs Chelsea was more-so Jose parking the bus than Herrera running the midfield.

We had Rooney and Herrera in CM and had like 70% of the ball against them at the Bridge.

OldTrevil

Offensively he's been off and the Martial chance was a reminder of what he's capable of. It's either a confidence issue the way he's totally averse to turning with the ball forward in acres of space or LVG and his change to DM last season have permanently changed his game.

Ekeke

I dont know what some of you guys are watching or wanting from our players sometimes. I get that to a lot of people ball winning isnt exciting and isnt something your attention is immediately drawn to, its the step overs and flashy play on the ball. But thats your fault, not a player who wins the ball more than any of his teammates. So he made only 1 or 2 great passes? Thats fine there are 10 other people in the team. He's there closing down with high energy and winning the ball and then when he has the ball, he's making sure we dont lose it.

Dont get me wrong, Ander hasn't always done this when hes played this season. He has been under par and there was maybe only 1 other performance like this so far this season. But its just sad really that even when he does better and puts in the best shift of work in the team, it gets neglected because its not fancy enough. If we had more people who had Ander's work ethic in the team yesterday we wouldnt have lost.

Ekeke

I've never rated him. He's doing his talking off the pitch merchant he should be doing his talking on the pitch not off it!
The irony of someone on a forum posting this the day after the player worked hard on the pitch while they're sat on the sofa

See The Day

The irony of someone on a forum posting this the day after the player worked hard on the pitch while they're sat on the sofa
That is what you expect of a attacking midfielder. I expect goals because that's what he's paid to do.

Herrera was dropped after his awful performance in the super cup he's not as good as fans of him like yourself make him out to be.

Ekeke

That is what you expect of a attacking midfielder. I expect goals because that's what he's paid to do.

Herrera was dropped after his awful performance in the super cup he's not as good as fans of him like yourself make him out to be.
He's not an attacking midfielder. You think you're an expert who can put labels and tags on players without even recognizing their strengths and what they do.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Those games are anomalies though. The problem rating him on the back of one blinding game and then wondering why he isn't hitting that all the time. I just think the truth is that his level is below that. Even Lingard had a blinder the other week.

See The Day

He's not an attacking midfielder. You think you're an expert who can put labels and tags on players without even recognizing their strengths and what they do.
We bought him as an attacking midfielder he was plugging a gap last season that's why we bought Matic he's actual defensive midfielder. I judge players what I see through my own eyes he's useless all he does is run around like a headless chicken, his fans claimed he changed the game against City at Old Trafford in the 2nd half we didn't have a single shot on target. He wouldn't get in the Man City Spurs and Chelsea team you don't win Leagues and Champions Leagues with Herrera in you're midfield.

Last edited:

Kostur

海尔的老板
He better sorts his shit out, fecking shocking today.

Doucoure/Pereyra get past him, he doesn't even bother to chase them, something he'd have done last season even if it meant fouling somebody, what the shit has happened to him.

acnumber9

You would only know he was playing by him giving the ball away. The difference between him and Matic is huge.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
At least he's had the nous to feign injury a few times since Watford's second. Good lad.

ReallyUSA

We bought him as an attacking midfielder he was plugging a gap last season that's why we bought Matic he's actual defensive midfielder. I judge players what I see through my own eyes he's useless all he does is run around like a headless chicken, his fans claimed he changed the game against City at Old Trafford in the 2nd half we didn't have a single shot on target. He wouldn't get in the Man City Spurs and Chelsea team you don't win Leagues and Champions Leagues with Herrera in you're midfield.
That's not true by the way. He was thought of as a tough nose guy, and then LvG took that out of him.

AR87

He's been awful and his lack of composure on the ball is shocking as it's something that earmarked him as a difference maker to Jose when he came in against City last season. Not sure what's going on with him, but his decline this season is real.

Mike09

He always pass the ball without thinking, so many times he passed the ball to player who is less than a metre distance from him and player who are being marked by the opposition player. That backpass to Lindelof could have cost us 3 points, there was Watford player who was on Lindelof.

el3mel

Doesn't he get embarrassed from doing these rushing useless tackles that he always loses and leaves him in dust behind the forwards ? It's embarrassing.

He defends like how I defend in Fifa 18.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Great assist tonight, continuing his great form!

On a serious note, he looks all sorts of off. His head must be elsewhere at the moment. From being linked with Barca in the summer, to barely featuring for us this season can’t have done much for his confidence.

prtk0811

He's been awful and his lack of composure on the ball is shocking as it's something that earmarked him as a difference maker to Jose when he came in against City last season. Not sure what's going on with him, but his decline this season is real.
Contract situation could also be a reason.

Canagel

There is literally no point of him coming on in games. We lose control of the match everytime he plays honestly. When has Herrera come on during a game that we're feeling the pressure in and helped us regain control of it? Never. Infact we get worse with him.

Idxomer

He's regressed so much.

We badly need a new holding midfielder to take the weight off Matic when necessary.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not sure what has happened to him. Complete 180 degree shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.