Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Surprised to not see more posts in this thread

Thought he was absolutely outstanding when he came on and certainly gives me confidence in replacing Pogba against city

haram

Did what he had to do when he came on. Whole team defended really well after the red card.

kotha

Did well,especially after we went down to 10 men..

The celebration of the second goal with Lingard was lovely!!

breakout67

Supports
Man City
We need you for the City game Ander. Please put in another man of the match performance like you did against Chelsea.

Andersons Dietician

Surprised he didn’t start with Matic coming off midweek. Couldn’t have been serious as surely as good as Matic has been if he was at any risk you’d put Herrera in.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Pleasantly surprised as I expected the worst with his form this season. He hustled and harried everyone, just what was needed.

Darkhorsez

Surprised to not see more posts in this thread

Thought he was absolutely outstanding when he came on and certainly gives me confidence in replacing Pogba against city
To be honest, I was all over the place and didn’t pay a lot of attention. Seemed decent. We are going to need him for the City game now and hope he has a stormer.

automaticflare

Great game again when he has to spoil someone else

I love Ander, great in these type of games and another good peformance when the team needed it

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I wonder who Jose should make him mark in the City match, KDB or Silva, they are both important in their build up.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I was so relieved to see him come on. I wanted him on at half time. Good showing tonight, and hopefully he's up for the City match as we need everyone to be at the races.

pacifictheme

The biggest problem herrera has is hes not as good as matic or pogba. So when he replaces either he looks a poor alternative. With him and matic in midfield next week we'll have to have more luck than we did today to keep city out.

Pogba is the best player we have at driving us up the pitch. We'll be under pressure constantly. Its going to be grim.

arthurka

Was very good when he came on... We will need him at his best with pogba getting 3 more games off..

Paul_Scholes18

I would have started him next week with Pogba to get more men in midfield. Did well today and his pressing will be needed against City. Need him to step up a bit with the ball as well since without Pogba our midfield need a bit more creativity if we should be able to score against City.

Backrow Singer

The first thing that struck me today was that for one he actually held his bloody position for the most part. He was an extra body in there when we needed it.

cyberman

Stick him on KDB and let Matic deal with Silva.
Its tailor made for Ander

Backrow Singer

I would have started him next week with Pogba to get more men in midfield. Did well today and his pressing will be needed against City. Need him to step up a bit with the ball as well since without Pogba our midfield need a bit more creativity if we should be able to score against City.
I'd worry about him next week to be honest in terms of the pressing you speak of. If he goes flying out of position as he typically does, they'll pick us off straight away. If he plays next week he's going to have to hold his position and choose his moments.

ManuMou

Did well,especially after we went down to 10 men..

The celebration of the second goal with Lingard was lovely!!
That celebration :drool: even though he is not a starter. Shows his great passion again !

kotha

With Pogba out,he should be made to mark KDB.. Like how he shut out Hazard out of a game..

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Im becoming confident he'll have a good game on Sunday

He had a couple of great performances against them under Van Gaal

ManUtd1999

Didn’t do anything of note tonight, and his games this season range between poor and ok/decent.

But we may need him against City, whether in a midfield of 2 or 3.

el3mel

Good game, but he keeps doing these stupid rushing tackles that he almost loses it every time it's becoming more irritating. Otherwise did his job.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Good game, but he keeps doing these stupid rushing tackles that he almost loses it every time it's becoming more irritating. Otherwise did his job.
Thats the way he was taught to play when he was younger. It looks stupid when he's the only one doing it, because its supposed to be done by the whole team.

Its like Klopp's maniacal pressing.

el3mel

Thats the way he was taught to play when he was younger. It looks stupid when he's the only one doing it, because its supposed to be done by the whole team.

Its like Klopp's maniacal pressing.
The problem isn't doing it, the problem is he mistimes most of these tackles and it ends up freeing space for the opposition forwards.

Last season he was winning most of them so he was great, this season he loses most of them due to bad timing.

Abhinav

The most frustrating thing about his game this season is the reluctance to pass vertically, even when he is in space. Most often, he tries to play a one touch pass which is good to break the press but cannot be the default mode if we want to create from midfield.

SambaBoy

Did well coming on Saturday and carried it on tonight. His ability to press high up the pitch could be crucial come Sunday.

criticalanalysis

Thought he did well today. Looked up for it, was pressing and closing space and got the ball moving at a good tempo with impetus.

Clearly Mourinho told the whole team to up the intensity and keep it going. When it comes top down our football can be better.

Hopefully we apply a more proactive approach on Sunda.y

Sylar

He did well, and got some good game time before Sunday. Will be interesting to see how it translates to him and Matic together given they both seem to excel in the same type of role.

JoaquinJoaquin

Done better tonight, but still nothing close to what he was doing in his POTY season. My biggest worry is that he now always looks for a backwards or sideways pass as his first option, whereas it used to be the opposite in which he would only do that if he could not move forward with his passes. Might be a confidence thing, I just hope he can recover from it as he is a shell of the player he was. Needs a big game Sunday to salvage his United career IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.