Ander Herrera - PSG player

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He was brought as a squad player, why would they particularly care if he is sold? As long as he is numerically replaced.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I don't follow, he is paid in Euros and lives in the Eurozone. There is a zero euro difference and it's also a miles away from the 300K reported in the british press.
British papers have a tendancy to give absurd numbers when disclosing wages of players leaving PL. I remember when the BBC announced that Ramsey was going to get paid 23M/year at Juventus when in fact, he's earning 7M...

PSG fan doesn't rate him so highly, they don't care if he's sold.
To be honest, i like him because i've seen him play in spain and for Man Utd and he's an amazing guy but he's been injured so often since he signed for PSG that most supporters won't miss him if he gets transfered because they never had a chance to see him play more than 2 games in a row.

Varun

Staff
British papers have a tendancy to give absurd numbers when disclosing wages of players leaving PL. I remember when the BBC announced that Ramsey was going to get paid 23M/year at Juventus when in fact, he's earning 7M...

To be honest, i like him because i've seen him play in spain and for Man Utd and he's an amazing guy but he's been injured so often since he signed for PSG that most supporters won't miss him if he gets transfered because they never had a chance to see him play more than 2 games in a row.
Ramsey is on 7mil gross?

Shaw Mee Tah Mané

British papers always mention gross salaries, french/italian mentions the net salaries.

JPRouve

Scout
British papers always mention gross salaries, french/italian mentions the net salaries.
That's not true and I don't really get where people get that from, in France it can be either and it will be precised.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
That's not true and I don't really get where people get that from, in France it can be either and it will be precised.
Yeah, in France it's most of the time gross salary, the papers want to show how HUGE and outrageous wages for football players are and gross salaries sound far more impressive.

Classical Mechanic

Yeah, in France it's most of the time gross salary, the papers want to show how HUGE and outrageous wages for football players are and gross salaries sound far more impressive.
The Ramsey on £22m came from one of the best sources in David Ornstein and from someone very close to the player, so trusted that the BBC reported it. Juve put out a lower figure at £14m a little while after.

crossy1686

career ending
Hugely underrated player. You would think our inability to control midfield and play out from the back wasn't a glaring weakness. He was and still is massively missed. Retained the ball well and his stats for winning the ball back were as good as anyone's in the premier League era.

If we hadn't fecked around for so long with our contract renewal he'd still here.
And you’d be happy with a player we’ve barely missed knocking around the club on over £150k a week aged over 30?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
And you’d be happy with a player we’ve barely missed knocking around the club on over £150k a week aged over 30?
Nah, id be happy with an experienced player we've desperately missed playing a key role in a young side. But hey, if you want to pretend we've somehow not got worse at controlling games that's up to you.

Bojan11

No issues the club moving him along. The stupid thing was not replacing him and Fellaini.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
The Ramsey on £22m came from one of the best sources in David Ornstein and from someone very close to the player, so trusted that the BBC reported it. Juve put out a lower figure at £14m a little while after.
So it's fine for journalists to report absurd mistakes if they thought it was a reliable info without doing basic journalistic work? I mean how can anyone with a serious knowledge of football could think for one second than Juventus would give Ramsey the second highest salary in Serie A behind Ronaldo and far above players like Higuain, Dybala etc.

Classical Mechanic

So it's fine for journalists to report absurd mistakes if they thought it was a reliable info without doing basic journalistic work? I mean how can anyone with a serious knowledge of football could think for one second than Juventus would give Ramsey the second highest salary in Serie A behind Ronaldo and far above players like Higuain, Dybala etc.
Because they are moving into a new economic dimension and because Ramsey moved on a free he commands a higher salary than if he was just transferred. I’d guess the source may have been talking about equivalent salary in England given the low tax in Italy now for high earners.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Because they are moving into a new economic dimension and because Ramsey moved on a free he commands a higher salary than if he was just transferred. I’d guess the source may have been talking about equivalent salary in England given the low tax in Italy now for high earners.
You can twist it any way you want, 7M net will never amount to 23M gross, even with the highest taxes in the world. They got it plain wrong and didn't think for one second that it would be a good idea to use common sense.

Classical Mechanic

You can twist it any way you want, 7M net will never amount to 23M gross, even with the highest taxes in the world. They got it plain wrong and didn't think for one second that it would be a good idea to use common sense.
Relax, it’s not a big deal. He reported what he was told by Ramsey’s camp. What I was getting at is that for an English club to match it they would have to pay something like £400k a week because of the tax rates in Italy.

I work out that on a £250k salary he’d take home about £195k a week in Italy Under their current tax laws. To take home that in the UK you’d have to earn about £360k a week which is about £18m a year.

crossy1686

career ending
Nah, id be happy with an experienced player we've desperately missed playing a key role in a young side. But hey, if you want to pretend we've somehow not got worse at controlling games that's up to you.
Herrera was best when played as a spoiler, and not very often put in decent performances at that. We’ve not controlled games because we’ve missed Pogba, not Herrera. Paying him what he wanted would have been absolute stupidity for what he offers. McTomminay replaces him overnight.

Devil81

Yes. And 547 mins combined, so he's actually been used more than Cavani who has had 455
You make it sound good by using Cavani as a yardstick. The fact they tried in vain to get rid of Cavani in January suggests he's not the player to use as a comparison.

I was never arsed about him leaving to be fair, he was a clear sign of the current problem at the club, bang average player who worked hard and fans thought he was good. Fair enough he tried when he played but the reality is he's Everton/Bilbao standard at best. Hence why Moyes was mad keen on him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The highlight was probably winning the Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year. Or being a key player in our FA Cup win or Europa League win.
Thread is rife with recency bias. It’s bizarre. Herrera wasn’t some elite player, but he was definitely a key component in the last time this club did anything of value.

People laughing him off by making comparisons to Fred - who has had a half alright season whilst we sit 41 points behind the league leaders - is even more bizarre.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Herrera was best when played as a spoiler, and not very often put in decent performances at that. We’ve not controlled games because we’ve missed Pogba, not Herrera. Paying him what he wanted would have been absolute stupidity for what he offers. McTomminay replaces him overnight.
Except he did. The statistics that support this is overwhelming.

It's just a coincidence we invariably played better when he was in the side then. Just look at how important he was last season to Ole, both in and out of the side.

JPRouve

Scout
You make it sound good by using Cavani as a yardstick. The fact they tried in vain to get rid of Cavani in January suggests he's not the player to use as a comparison.

I was never arsed about him leaving to be fair, he was a clear sign of the current problem at the club, bang average player who worked hard and fans thought he was good. Fair enough he tried when he played but the reality is he's Everton/Bilbao standard at best. Hence why Moyes was mad keen on him.
PSG didn't try to get rid of Cavani, they actually prevented him from doing so. But it's true that he isn't the player that he was, he has been injured a lot and isn't in Tuchel's plans as a starter.

youngrell

Ander was a lot better than some of you are giving him credit for. He used to win the ball back for us several times a game and was always neat in possession, tactically very good and contributed a goal or assist now and then.

He basically did what Fred does now with about half the energy expended.

Ekeke

Well he was someone we were linked with as an upgrade, so its almost as if some squad players at PSG who havent played much are still upgrades to us. Cavani is one of those

lsd

The Oracle
The highlight was probably winning the Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year. Or being a key player in our FA Cup win or Europa League win.

Not really . When i hear his name the first thing comes to mind is always Noble carrying him off the pitch like a baby

Irwin99

Some people really don’t like that he was a good player for us.
It is bizarre. You could genuinely make a case for him being one of our best signings in the post SAF era (that really is not saying much I know)

As good as Fred has been at times this season I don't think he's been as good as Herrera when he was at his best for us.

vidic blood & sand

Anyone know how he's done this season at PSG?
Wikipedia says 8 appearances. Might need to be updated.
I assume he hasn't really pulled up trees.

mu4c_20le

Even when he was fit, he was behind Parades and that 17 year old in the pecking order.