Anderson | 2013/14 Performances (on loan at Fiorentina)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
I've been with the "Ando has shown flashes of brilliance but he's more often than not shit" camp pretty much since Day One. Was Day One 6 or was it 7 years ago? Whichever, he's underperformed for way too long and I don't really care what the excuses are. One or two injuries...bad luck happens. But to be a disappointment for six years? There's no excuse for that when you come in so highly regarded as a teenager and have every opportunity to show your stuff for one for one of the top clubs on the planet.

On the other hand, Ando is better than average for a squad player and it's not unreasonable to believe he's going to motivated this season knowing that a transfer is in the cards sooner rather than later. I say give him another season as a squad man, perhaps starting in league cup games and so on, and perhaps we'll find someone who's willing to put in a bid of 4-5m for him in January or next summer. And who knows...maybe he'll turn his shit to gold this season?

edn33

Sack Fergie, sell Giggs, sign Mourinho and help me
He's a good player... why should we sell him in an already depleted midfield ?

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
My fear is that no one will come in for Ando, not even with a lowball 1m bid. Thus, we'll be stuck with him until his contract runs out, whenever that is. A shame, as he did bring some good stuff 5-6 years ago but his fitness is so poor he's pretty much useless now. Thus, no bids are likely to come in.

Devil may care

Let's first try to fill the void Scholes has left before thinking of selling in another anticipated buy...

Fitness is something which can be improved upon.
We can buy more than one CM in a window, Thiago to replace Scholes and another to replace Anderson.

His hasn't really improved in 6 seasons.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
He should stay this season unless we get a really good offer, which seems unlikely. He has all the talent and would not sell for the right amount if he left now. Time for him to grasp the opportunity.

lysglimt

Scout
I'd rather replace Fletcher, Giggs, Scholes, and Jones first, before getting to Anderson.

I'd rather take Fletcher who has been out for almost 2 years than Anderson - I would feel a lot safer with Fletch in the line-up

Giggsforever

I'd rather take Fletcher who has been out for almost 2 years than Anderson - I would feel a lot safer with Fletch in the line-up
That is a ludicrous statement, Anderson is clearly a better option than a player that has been out for so long. You can't really call it a option either, as it's not sure we will ever see Fletcher back.
So you would go into a season with a player that might not feature at all, rather than Anderson?

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
As with Rooney, I trust Moyes to make the right call. He sure won't be staying if he is just going to eat all the pies. His problem has always been fitness, don't think Moyes will accomodate that.

I assume he will put a rocket up his ample arse over pre-season and make up his mind before the transfer window closes. Probably best if he plans assuming he is a goner.

antohan

Great idea, Anderson + Fletcher = 1 midfielder at best, that should be Moyes' squad allowance on them two.

edn33

We can buy more than one CM in a window, Thiago to replace Scholes and another to replace Anderson.

His hasn't really improved in 6 seasons.
You sound so much like Liverpool who were so eager to off load Carol before they got Dempsy last season. In the end Dempsy went to Spurs and Liverpool got fecked big time. Dont wish for that to happen to us.... lets get our men first! Then the rest would self realise and depart.

Devil may care

You sound so much like Liverpool who were so eager to off load Carol before they got Dempsy last season. In the end Dempsy went to Spurs and Liverpool got fecked big time. Dont wish for that to happen to us.... lets get our men first! Then the rest would self realise and depart.
How is what I'm saying anything like that? They wanted to offload one big overpriced dud after only 18 months at the club. Anderson has been here 6 years and not improved at all either in his play or in his fitness. He'd be no loss to us just as Carrol was no loss for Liverpool.

antohan

He is right, even when it was an overpriced dud Pool could have done with him until they reinforced in January. Unless we get others in we are better off sticking with Ando and not relying on a sick Fletcher, Jones and Giggs in midfield.

I have no problem with Ando's play. Hasn´t been what we expected, but that's not the problem. Fitness is.

manusteve

He is right, even when it was an overpriced dud Pool could have done with him until they reinforced in January. Unless we get others in we are better off sticking with Ando and not relying on a sick Fletcher, Jones and Giggs in midfield.

I have no problem with Ando's play. Hasn´t been what we expected, but that's not the problem. Fitness is.
He has not made significant progress in the last couple of seasons, injury notwithstanding. Thing is, those who ask why we would sell him to further deplete a central midfield roster, well it brings in cash. I think there were numerous occasions that SAF COULD have played Anderson but didn't. Surely that suggests Anderson wasn't foremost in his thinking for matches?

However, I do agree at least one central midfielder is desperately required. Fletcher I just cannot see playing again - time is his enemy. And I wouldn't have Jones and Giggs anywhere near central midfield again, unless we have absolutely no choice.

Thank feck we have Carrick, I don't think we fans can ever appreciate how important he has been in our recent success.

antohan

Cash should be low priority, it's not like anyone will pay a fortune for him. Point is, however disappointing Ando has been relative to expectations, if he were fit and able to play 90 mins every single PL squad would be better off with him in it. Unreal fitness scenario, I know, but I wouldn't get shot unless someone is nailed on to come in.

Giggsforever

We would have to replace him if he leaves. What we get for Ando will be a lot less than what we most likely would have to pay for a player of the same caliber.

It would also be stupid to sell in a area we need to add to already.

Shimo

He has not made significant progress in the last couple of seasons, injury notwithstanding. Thing is, those who ask why we would sell him to further deplete a central midfield roster, well it brings in cash. I think there were numerous occasions that SAF COULD have played Anderson but didn't. Surely that suggests Anderson wasn't foremost in his thinking for matches?

However, I do agree at least one central midfielder is desperately required. Fletcher I just cannot see playing again - time is his enemy. And I wouldn't have Jones and Giggs anywhere near central midfield again, unless we have absolutely no choice.

Thank feck we have Carrick, I don't think we fans can ever appreciate how important he has been in our recent success.

Anderson did end up playing towards the end of the season over Cleverley, could mean he was in SAFs thinking or he was put in the shop window.

As for not made significant progress, in terms of ability, over the last couple seasons - I think over the last couple of seasons, when fit we've seen Anderson play quite well, his passing has got better. Overall for him to be a regular in our team, I don't think it's a question of ability or talent rather just being fit to play most games - even if it is at 70-80 minutes each game with the kind of tempo he plays at would be more than welcome. Question is if he can be available for more games.

If the club don't have faith in him being available for most of the season, even as a squad player he doesn't do us any good. Even though he has been here 6 years, being still so young, would not see it as a bad thing for the new staff to give him a go should they feel they can keep him fit.

psychdelicblues

Anderson did end up playing towards the end of the season over Cleverley, could mean he was in SAFs thinking or he was put in the shop window.

As for not made significant progress, in terms of ability, over the last couple seasons - I think over the last couple of seasons, when fit we've seen Anderson play quite well, his passing has got better. Overall for him to be a regular in our team, I don't think it's a question of ability or talent rather just being fit to play most games - even if it is at 70-80 minutes each game with the kind of tempo he plays at would be more than welcome. Question is if he can be available for more games.

If the club don't have faith in him being available for most of the season, even as a squad player he doesn't do us any good. Even though he has been here 6 years, being still so young, would not see it as a bad thing for the new staff to give him a go should they feel they can keep him fit.
United had already won the league, so there was no risk in him starting over Cleverley. I think the club will be happy for him play a part in the squad even if United get 1 or maybe 2 of their midfield targets.

Shimo

Yeah we had won the league which meant Cleverley, who many think does have a longer future here, could have got a chance to play but, for some reason Anderson got the nod ahead of him. With Anderson and Fergie it's hard to tell if he was putting him in the shop window or just to give him minutes because Fergie rates him.

psychdelicblues

Yeah we had won the league which meant Cleverley, who many think does have a longer future here, could have got a chance to play but, for some reason Anderson got the nod ahead of him. With Anderson and Fergie it's hard to tell if he was putting him in the shop window or just to give him minutes because Fergie rates him.
Anderson has been at the club for 6 years so I presume Ferguson rated him, but purely as a squad player.

binary bot
I think it stemmed from Cleverley looking like he had lead boots on in the 2-2 draw with Chelsea.

manutddjw

With alot of players now seeking assurances about playing time, we should consider ourselves fortunate to have a decent player who knows his role and won't kick up a fuss and threaten to leave when not picked. While being a squad player wasn't how we envisioned Anderson when we signed him years ago, at least we have a player who, in my opinion, is good enough to play against 90% of the teams we face and it wouldn't be a problem.

I do get this sense that people feel that keeping Anderson and Fletcher is stopping us from signing other midfielders and thats why they are quick to suggest we sell them or hope they retire. Never understood this at all and think it's a slight on the club to suggest that. If Busquets were to become available tommorow, I highly doubt we'd say "Well we got an okay player in Anderson and the small possibility of Fletcher returning, so we don't need to sign one of the best midfielders in the world". Point being if the club felt we could get someone better or even someone who could be better in the future, we wouldn't halt any move because of who we already had and certainly not someone like Anderson who hasn't exactly set the world alight.

The Neviller

If Moyes is as strong on fitness as people suggest, I'd love to see Anderson after a Moyes pre-season. Maybe he needs someone to shake him out of his comfort zone. If he gets properly fit, the ability is there. The question is whether he can be arsed getting properly fit.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
How is what I'm saying anything like that? They wanted to offload one big overpriced dud after only 18 months at the club. Anderson has been here 6 years and not improved at all either in his play or in his fitness. He'd be no loss to us just as Carrol was no loss for Liverpool.

:lol:. Just call him a cnut and be off. Surprised that nobody has mentioned the 'Ando is BACK!' at the start of the 2011/12 season when he and Cleverley were running the show with Welbeck up front and doing a fecking fine job of it as well.

If he can stay clear of serious injury there is nothing wrong with him playing 60-70 minutes as a squad player, he's more than capable.

feck HIM THOUGH. Lets cash in on him because we certainly need the cash!

Goooose

If Moyes is as strong on fitness as people suggest, I'd love to see Anderson after a Moyes pre-season. Maybe he needs someone to shake him out of his comfort zone. If he gets properly fit, the ability is there. The question is whether he can be arsed getting properly fit.
If he can he'd come back looking like Chelsea's Ramires. I'm hoping the talk about Moyes' fitness standards are true, we've got a few in the squad who would benefit.

Devil may care

:lol:. Just call him a cnut and be off. Surprised that nobody has mentioned the 'Ando is BACK!' at the start of the 2011/12 season when he and Cleverley were running the show with Welbeck up front and doing a fecking fine job of it as well.

If he can stay clear of serious injury there is nothing wrong with him playing 60-70 minutes as a squad player, he's more than capable.
Why would I call him a cnut? :confused: Not rating a player does not equate to disliking them. As far as running the show with Cleverley, talk about an over exaggeration, we were wide open defensively and how long exactly did this show running last? 6 games?

How about we have a player who has a regular 90 minutes in the tank and can actually compete for a regular starting spot, as opposed to carrying a player that can only last 70 and can barely keep fit for any extended time.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Why would I call him a cnut? :confused: Not rating a player does not equate to disliking them. As far as running the show with Cleverley, talk about an over exaggeration, we were wide open defensively and how long exactly did this show running last? 6 games?

He was seriously injured after 8 games and didn't re-appear that season iirc. But in the first seven games with Anderson and Cleverley we had a 24/6 (before getting hit for 6 against City) whilst last season the first seven games were 17/9.

So wide open defensively that season that we conceded more goals last season with an actual 'defensive' midfielder in the lineup in the first seven games? Ok :lol:.

How bout you fall over yourself to put shit on him some more. Anyway I hope even if he plays a bit part role this year that he does well, he's a likable feller that never complains about his role in the team. More fun to put shit on him and call for him to be fecked off for cash.

Devil may care

He was seriously injured after 8 games and didn't re-appear that season iirc. But in the first seven games with Anderson and Cleverley we had a 24/6 (before getting hit for 6 against City) whilst last season the first seven games were 17/9.

So wide open defensively that season that we conceded more goals last season with an actual 'defensive' midfielder in the lineup in the first seven games? Ok :lol:.

How bout you fall over yourself to put shit on him some more. Anyway I hope even if he plays a bit part role this year that he does well, he's a likable feller that never complains about his role in the team. More fun to put shit on him and call for him to be fecked off for cash.
Yes our back 4 had a bad start to last season but stats don't tell everything, go back to the match day threads and you'll see plenty of posters saying how open we were with Anderson and Cleverley in CM, but teams still have to take chances when gifted to them, so stats do not tell the whole story as usual.

The last paragraph doesn't even make sense but feck shit feck shit whatever.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I don't think its a case of wanting him to stay, its more a case of does anyone care either way anymore. I love the bloke, but he is either injured or unable to last 90 minutes twice a week.

edn33

Silly fellow...

Status
Not open for further replies.