Anderson | 2013/14 Performances (on loan at Fiorentina)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cina

I think we all know what's important here, I was right, and Chief was wrong. As long as we all understand that, s'all good.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
You are making it sound like we buy players on chance. And we signed a players with great technique and creativity. He had fantastic dribbles and flair.

For us that saw him before he joined us new that. But, because of the players we had, he was tried transformed to something he is not.
Its quite contrary. I am giving reasons of why we were interested in him in the first place (in my opinion).

Ando was not a rookie but he wasnt the finishing product yet. Considering his inability to score goals it was only natural that he would have had to play in a deeper role

Phil

People have so much man love for this guy. I don't think he'll ever become a genuinely useful player for us, it just depends on numbers for me. I'd rather have him than be thread bare in midfield.

Chabon

Funny thing about Anderson this past season, he was actually in the eighteen for 26 out of 38 league games. In other words he was fit and available more often than he had been in any of the previous three injury-ravaged years, and by the standards of most of our squad his injury record last year was nothing special.

On the other hand, he didn't start very much and was left on the bench as often as he got off it. There were also matches where he was fit and got left out of the squad entirely, which never used to happen. It was hard to escape the conclusion that Ferguson had finally lost faith in him.

Personally I see no reason to sell him, and will be sad to see him go if Moyes thinks otherwise.

MoneyMay

I'm in the middle. When he is fit, he offers more than Cleverley. He goes through a consistent run of five very good games. On the other hand, after x run of games, he picks up an injury, and then he looks poor. Anderson looked good playing as an advanced midfielder against Reading, and it's certainly something I would have liked to see more of, but the subsequent performances were unacceptable (Southampton, for example).

Ash_G

I would agree that at his best he does offer more than cleverley does but cleverley appears much more consistent although some of that is likely due to Clevs more conservative approach in comparison to Ando. Plus Clev is a little less experienced as well, with more games he could well surpass what Ando brings although in a different way. As I said though providing we did invest in one probably two midfielders I don't see the point for either united or him in staying. With actual competition for places in the middle, rather than who's fit/doing ok to partner Carrick, it'll be harder for him to come in and play with his usual injuries and time needed to get his fitness and he needs all the game time he can get. For us it would be better to give games such as the carling cup ones to younger players who are looking to step up rather than someone who can never stay fit to really benefit from that game time.

Hannibal

Anderson must stay!
He's the only midfielder we have that can run with the ball and beat opponents with pace and dribbling. He formed a devastating partnership with Cleverley at the start of 2011/12 and that partnership should be tested once more(injury permitting).

Shark

@NotShark
Anderson must stay!
He's the only midfielder we have that can run with the ball and beat opponents with pace and dribbling. He formed a devastating partnership with Cleverley at the start of 2011/12 and that partnership should be tested once more(injury permitting).

When was the last time you seen him do that in a United shirt, if at all?

I would like Anderson to stay. What he is capable of offering us at his best is the ability to pick it up in midfield and burst forward, burst pass the opposition midfield and be running at the defence. The issue is the injuries, he seems to get a run of 3/4 games where he shows us the quality, and then he gets an injury of some sort.

I think he could have been an excellent player for us, he could still be, but with the injuries he gets (a consequence of his physique and carrying too much muscle?) and the lack of consistency that results from this, I can't ever see him fulfilling his potential with us.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
If we sign Thiago there's really not any need for him, even if we don't get another more defensive minded CM in.

Castia

He can barely keep fit or make the squad now, if rumours are true about Thiago and Strootman then he's not needed and should be sold. Id sell him either way he's literally a waste of time, when he's 'fit' he can barely complete 90 minutes of football anyway. Complete flop of a player who seems to get away from a lot of criticism because of his personality.

Amir

I would like Anderson to stay. What he is capable of offering us at his best is the ability to pick it up in midfield and burst forward, burst pass the opposition midfield and be running at the defence.
We could use those qualities. But I fear we'll have to look for them from other players.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
If there's any hint of a chance to sign a midfielder that's not injured or unfit all the time, I'd flog him.

He's not been good enough here, that's the simple truth, although his potential has always been there.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Yes, we can make him into a lovable character who sits with the manager on the bench and gets the crowd going. Sure, stick him in the fred costume.

Seveneric

It's just amazing what having a good attitude and being a loveable character that people respond to can do for you :lol: If this was almost any other player in the squad(bar maybe Evra), the responses in the thread would have been way harsher when you consider how many years he's had to prove himself.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
It's hard to deny that he can be a very good impact player off the bench against a tiring opposition. His direct running through the middle is just something no-one else in our midfield can offer.

Rossa

It's hard to deny that he can be a very good impact player off the bench against a tiring opposition. His direct running through the middle is just something no-one else in our midfield can offer.

Tbf, it's something very few CMs can offer. Ramires may have a higher TS and Wilshere may carry the ball just as fast as Ando, but his acceleration is just insane at times - Ferguson also said so.

Imo, he's a much greater talent than Cleverley, yet some still argue that Ando doesn't have talent even. Cleverley also fades badly after 60 minutes, at least as badly as Ando, imo. However, him looking more fit and being English slightly makes up for that, perhaps?

I would like him to stay. Even with Thiago coming in the doors, we need squad players; Carrick isn't getting any younger and Cleverley tends to be a bit injured himself. Ando is also always going to be a better CM than Rooney. I haven't watched Strootman, but he doesn't appear to be the answer to United's midfield (problem is so massively overrated guys - we won the league).

devilish

If there's any hint of a chance to sign a midfielder that's not injured or unfit all the time, I'd flog him.

He's not been good enough here, that's the simple truth, although his potential has always been there.

this

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Some here are grasping at straws quoting one odd game....haS talent but will never realize it. Off with him.

Not grasping at anything, just stating a fact.

I've lost hope now with Anderson, unfortunately. I still don't think it's a good idea to see a character like that leave the team at this present time, but the cycle has repeated itself for too long now to expect him to fully realise his potential.

:lol: at the captions in that Chelsea video up there, by the way.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I don't see why people are clinging onto the fact that he seems like a good laugh in the dressing room or that he's a character. Yes, it's always good to have, especially if he can help maintain morale, but it's not a Sunday league team here. If it's really the best he offers then it speaks volumes about what he can offer us on the pitch now.

devilish

Its pointless having a player who constantly loses form or gets injured.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I've always stood by him but even I'm appalled by his close-season condition this time round. The haircut only accentuates it. Time to go, Ando.

Cina

No, I'm far too important for such trivial things.

lysglimt

Scout
Anderson can be good to throw on if we need a goal - but he is a liability defensively. He leaves huge gaps, he positions himself poorly - and he is always one of the first on the field to start tiring.

The majority of his errors could be excused if he was an inexperienced 20 year old - but he is 25 and has enough experience to have learned by now.

If someone bothered to check - I am pretty certain that the amount of goals against are a lot higher with Anderson on the pitch. And it's not that I don't like the guy - I just don't trust him. And as for him still being our 2nd best midfielder - considering Scholes has retired and Fletcher has been out for almost 2 years - he only has Cleverley to compete with. And I rate Cleverley because he is more consistant.

psychdelicblues

I'd love him to stay.... as long as he still wants to be with us. On form he's a smooth. silky attacking midfielder and we can't afford to lose one of those now can we.
His usual form is that he is either injured, and putting it kindly, inconsistent. If hopefully United get their 2 midfield targets in the summer, he may still be needed to play the same role as last season. That's playing in in the Carling Cup, dead rubber CL games, early rounds of the F.A cup and the odd few league games if the first 11 needs to be rotated. That's if he's injury free.
I think his contract is up in 2015, so unless United buy a 3rd midfielder or Moyes promotes someone from the academy I'd still keep him for now.

lysglimt

Scout
And - I just can't see him being Moyes' favourite. A bit lazy, unfit, average defensively - hardly the kínd of weaknesses in a player that Moyes would be too fond of. ...

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
He's had more than enough time and chances to fulfill his talent and he didn't.

Sure he's great character to have around but he's not contributing to United on field and that's all that matters.

Wish him good luck and all the best in the future but not with United, so sell him and take whatever someone's willing to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.