Anderson | 2013/14 Performances (on loan at Fiorentina)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comsmit

Not bothered in the slightest if he goes, I would encourage it if it frees up squad space for another talented young midfielder. His progress in 6 years has been virtually non-existent.....6 fecking years. Yes he has experienced injuries but that isn't an excuse for absolute non-progression, I wonder how many of his injuries were down to his own poor conditioning?

Bottom line...he has become a passenger. I would rather free up a space and try to bring in a young player who's shit is together, someone like James McCarthy. Anderson has been reduced to a comical figure amongst United followers and it's time to stop the bullshit and get serious. Hopefully Moyes will be tough and see someone who isn't his signing, doesn't have any affinity for and has no real use for. Ferguson signed him for big money hence the constant perseverance and determination to push him on to succeed. It's a matter of pride and I'm sure he holds genuine affection for Anderson. Moyes needs to be his own man and that means making big decisions on the future of players. He needs people who are reliable and can make a difference on the pitch....Anderson just isn't that player.

The sentiment should end now with him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
So what next?

His 3rd "Last Chance" season in a row took an identical route to the previous two. Some bright games giving a flicker of hope but mostly shadowed by the fitness concerns and injury troubles.

I expected to see some links to various clubs by now but it's been quiet
so far. Perhaps there is little interest in a player that can't prove himself fit for 90 minutes let alone more than 3 matches in a row.

Personally, if we signed Thiago, I'd be happy enough to keep him as a backup player. No expectations, no bullshit about what "could be". Just a what you see is what you get 4th or 5th choice midfielder behind Carrick, Thiago, Cleverley, Jones and probably Fletcher too.
I'd like us to sign Thiago, and don't mind if Anderson goes. That said,if he does stay, no way should he be behind Jones and Fletcher in midfield. He is a better midfielder than both tor me, and if you are condemning him solely on fitness grounds, he has been much more reliable than Fletcher (for obvious reasons).

If fit in fact, he can more than hold his own in a straight fight with Cleverley.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
I say keep him. One more season at least. He's still class. Just need to find form and be lucky with fitness.

Ekeke

We all assumed the plan was for him to replace Scholes, if not exactly, then as a first team player evolving into a player suitable to partner Carrick. That plan went so badly, poor Scholes had to come out of retirement!

We have to look at his position in our squad in that context ... and likeable though he maybe, he has plainly not delivered against our objective. Lucky for him, he has enjoyed the ride and amassed winning medals and memories aplenty ... but if we keep him, he becomes a passenger whom the club has to carry, he does nothing to enhance our capability.

Sadly it did not work out, he does not have what it takes to be a top level Manchester United player. We have sold plenty of players better than him... its best for him and the club to part ways.

In my opinion, an established talent should replace him, giving us Carrick and Cleverley to rotate in the middle.
We were told he can replace Scholes. By Sir Alex Ferguson no less

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Odd thing to say. I'd say his game is very suited to the league. Lots of power and drive from CM, can go past players etc.

The problem is with his fitness, not with his style not suiting the league. He's been really unlucky with injuries though, every bloody season.
I was referring to his fitness not his playing style. The fast pace of the premiership wears him down easily.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Anderson is a top guy - but his inconsistency and his injuries are the bane of him. Everytime we see an Anderson that dominates the midfield, he gets injured and the loop starts over.

I think it's time for him to move on.

Varun

Staff
I was referring to his fitness not his playing style. The fast pace of the premiership wears him down easily.

Yeah, thats true but you have to consider his style too. He does a lot of powerful running with the ball unlike say a cleverley. That has an impact on his longevity in the game. No excuse for not lasting a full game but his style contributes to it and if he keeps playing the same way without working on his fitness, he'l face problems elsewhere too.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
At being shit?
Never wanted a United player to be sold, even the bad ones like Bebe and Richardson. But, damn, enough is enough with Anderson. It isn't about his shitness, but overall lack of care he has, when playing in red shirt. It's frustrating when you see the like of Gibbo and Pogba had to leave because lack of games, and there's this guy being fat and useless getting valuable times on the field.

Revan

Assumptionman
He's very unreliable. When he is on good form - like he was before that injury against Reading - he's easily better than Cleverley. But the problem is that he gets injured, then has a lot of shit games when he's unfit, then plays some good games and we all think that this time he is the solution to our midfield problems and then bum he get injured again and the whole cycle repeats itself. For the best of both himself and United he needs to go, and we need to sign two midfielders.

Enigma_87

You know who
I'd say it's better for both parties for him to go. He can't get regular playing time because he's either unavailable(injured) or not good enough. Even on top form he's not good enough to be a CM. I'd say close this project of converting him from AM to CM and cut the losses. He has been given plenty of chances and it has been 6 years really. Apart from the first season can't say that I'm thrilled when I see his name on the team sheet anymore...

I think he, Young and if we keep Nani, then Valencia should be the 3 to leave in the Summer.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
He either never realized his potential or his potential was massively overstated. He's better off at another club, perhaps in Italy or Spain at a lesser club where he may thrive.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
He should never leave. Love the guy, despite him being not good enough most of the time, I just love the man. Can we replace Fred the Red with Anderson as the club mascot?

Ash_G

Yes. Excluding Giggs who will last forever, Anderson is (at worst) our current 3rd choice cm.

True but how often is he fit to fufill that role? If we do get one, potentially two if the rumors of Thiago and Strootman are true then Ando is pushed back to 5th choice, maybe 4th if he stays fit to compete with Clev. I just don't see the point in keeping him if we do bring in one or two midfielders. When he's fit, if he does have ambition to improve his game he needs to play and if we do actually get some proper competition in the middle I just can't see how he'll get that game time. So for him from a personal view point it would make sense for him to move on and for us it allows us to instead give that playing time to a young midfielder who might actually be able to stay fit to benefit from that experience and actually push their game on.

I like ando, he seems a great character and I don't think anyone can deny that when he's in form he brings something to the team that is very different and useful, a proper driving force through the middle. But as I said we see it so rarely, there are at least two average displays for any one good display and you really couldn't say he's improved much in what 5 years or so here.

lysglimt

Scout
He is defensively very poor - horrible positioning, he is lazy and every time he plays in central midfield, our opponents can walk straight through it.

No thanks...

Someone

Something
I like anderson but he had too many chances and it just never seemed to work. Sometimes i think we may have misused him but that's in the past now, having said that, a new manager can always change the fortunes of some players, maybe moyes will have a better idea of how to get the best out of anderson.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I think that SAF signed Ando because he thought he had Brazilian talent (great technique and creativity) and an English attitude (hardworking, powerful frame with endless stamina). It turned out that Ando had the 'crystalline' talent of a typical lower EPL type of midfielder and the Brazilian attitude/endurance.

Giggsforever

I think that SAF signed Ando because he thought he had Brazilian talent (great technique and creativity) and an English attitude (hardworking, powerful frame with endless stamina). It turned out that Ando had the 'crystalline' talent of a typical lower EPL type of midfielder and the Brazilian attitude/endurance.
You are making it sound like we buy players on chance. And we signed a players with great technique and creativity. He had fantastic dribbles and flair.

For us that saw him before he joined us new that. But, because of the players we had, he was tried transformed to something he is not.

Giggsforever

You are making it sound like we buy players on chance. And we signed a players with great technique and creativity. He had fantastic dribbles and flair.

For us that saw him before he joined us knew that. But, because of the players we had, he was tried transformed to something he is not.

Woodzy

There's very little that matches the exciting feeling you have after Anderson has had a great game. It's a shame we never get any consistency from him.

Still, it would be nice to have stick around for all the reasons pointed out. I second the 'Fred the Red' replacement notion.

I still think back to how hilarious his tactics were when distracting the keeper during the Arsenal 8 - 2. Where as, if it were any other player, even one of our own, i'd probably call it cnuty and unsportsmanlike (which is apparently an actual, singular word – who would have known?)

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I'd wait and see who we sign before shipping anyone off personally.

Varun

Staff
Same here. Cant understand the rush to sell him before we've even got someone in to boost our already thin CM.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
It seems likely that Moyes will want to make the team his own and CM is the most obvious place to do that. Anderson appears to be an almost inevitable casualty.

Mainoldo

Thiago (fingers crossed) and Anderson could work. No harm in keeping him we would only get around €8 anyway.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
It seems likely that Moyes will want to make the team his own and CM is the most obvious place to do that. Anderson appears to be an almost inevitable casualty.
Even if we sign 2 new midfielders we'll still have room for him in the squad.

I won't be overly surprised to see him here next season.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Yeah, I guess it depends on the squad numbers and who needs to be registered in the 25 man squad. Someone normally creates a thread on it around this time, but I cba

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Slightly different as it makes no mention of the 25 man limit and who needs to be registered, but yeah.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
This is my thoughts. Moyes will do a fitness test when pre season starts, and probably another one a week before the first PL game. After that he will decide the future of players he's uncertain of. If we play with the thoughts that Thiago will play for us I think Amderson is a good complement. They both play with pace and one touch and with Carrick behind they could be a deadly weapon against many strong teams.

Ando need to change his lifestyle and accept that he needs to improve his stamina, when he does he have a good chance to take the last step. I don't know if the problem is culture differentials or just lazy ness but something has to change.

Selling him could be wise if we can catch 10-12m but if not its better to keep him, he's stil when fit our second best mf (if we exclude incoming Thiago).

psychdelicblues

This is my thoughts. Moyes will do a fitness test when pre season starts, and probably another one a week before the first PL game. After that he will decide the future of players he's uncertain of. If we play with the thoughts that Thiago will play for us I think Amderson is a good complement. They both play with pace and one touch and with Carrick behind they could be a deadly weapon against many strong teams.

Ando need to change his lifestyle and accept that he needs to improve his stamina, when he does he have a good chance to take the last step. I don't know if the problem is culture differentials or just lazy ness but something has to change.

Selling him could be wise if we can catch 10-12m but if not its better to keep him, he's stil when fit our second best mf (if we exclude incoming Thiago).
It's a damming indictment on United's midfield.

Rowem

gently, down the stream

Nah, Cleverley has surpassed him now imo.

Devil1

BRANDED: Part Time dipper supporter
I really like him but he's injured too often. If we do sign a cm this summer then he should go i think, if he stays he won't play enough for his liking and will take minutes off a younger player like Powell.

Status
Not open for further replies.