Anderson | 2013/14 Performances (on loan at Fiorentina)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

Did anyone else just sink everything Rooney tried one of those little flicks on the edge of the area, only for it to be Anderson running onto it?

Leg-End

I think we will cut our losses on him in January, I mean if we go and sign another new midfielder he's basically relegated to handing out the oranges when everyone is fit.

Sam

How he's still here beats me.
I don't think he even knows anymore.

I can barely remember that young lad that arrived 6 years ago with all that promise. He was a better player back then.

dar10nian

Fletchers biggest fan
He's a rubbish player now. Really disappointed that he's not fulfilled all that potential. Sessegnon looked by far the better attacking midfielder than him.

sajeev

I thought he was better than Carrick in the first half. Taking him off for Felliani didn't really help with anything. I would rather have him trying to move the ball forward than Felliani who really doesn't do anything apart from winning the ball in the air.

DocRockter

Well what do you expect? It was his second game this season and while he should had scored from one of his chances, he was OK and most definitely not our worst MFder today.. I say give him the last 30mins on Tuesday and he'll start to get his passing together, burying him onto the bench will not do anyone anything good..

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
He wasn't much worse than Carrick, and we still need him as an option sometimes.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I've said it before, I'll say it again. This is his last season here, I try not to focus too much on him anymore, his future lies elsewhere.

Someone

Something
He never gets regular football, the right thing to do is to loan him, it'll be hard to sell him anyway so just loan him, he needs to play, there's no point in keeping him whatsoever.

Shark

@NotShark
He wasn't much worse than Carrick, and we still need him as an option sometimes.

We still need him because we've yet to bring in a midfielder that's going to take us up a level. As long as we fail to bring in that player, Anderson will remain here.

holyland red

"Holier-than-thou fundamentalist"
He was ok, some overreaction in this thread. My worry is the fact he still can't finish 90 minutes!
It's not OK for a professional footbal player on his wages not to be able to complete the 90. It's also unprofessional for a Manchester United manager to play him.

LR7

He's a good player when we are in possession of the ball. Makes driving runs (attacks the space) and is more penetrative than Fellaini or Cleverley.

We might as well have 10 men when we aren't in possession though because his positioning is simply woeful. He has no defensive presence whatsoever. RvP adds more defensively when he should be furthest forward.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
The likes of Anderson, Buttner, Young, Valencia and even Ferdinand at the moment... they are squad players. When you are then also playing youngsters with potential such as Jones, Smalling, Januzaj, that's fine if there is quality elsewhere but apart from our strikeforce there just isn't enough. We need to spend some money on world class players and save Anderson for an injury crisis only or ship him out.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I thought he was terrible. So sloppy. Every now and then you get someone :drool:ing over one of his long passes but I swear every single one of them is overhit or badly aimed.

Ekeke

Anderson.

Good on the ball? Not really

Good off the ball? No

Hard worker? No

Player for the future? 6 years ago

Anderson.

kundalini

I thought he was ok. A bit unlucky with the header both in terms of hitting the bar and being incorrectly given offside. A few poor passes but some good ones too. I'd rotate him and Cleverley alongside Carrick. I think Anderson's ability to drive past players is quite useful. To be a first choice player he needs to improve.

Yes I want him to stay.

Ludens the Red

I thought he was ok. A bit unlucky with the header both in terms of hitting the bar and being incorrectly given offside. A few poor passes but some good ones too. I'd rotate him and Cleverley alongside Carrick. I think Anderson's ability to drive past players is quite useful. To be a first choice player he needs to improve.

Yes I want him to stay.
Except when the run is followed by a hilariously overhit pass or an embarrassing shot on goal.

Mad Winger

I thought he was really good in the first half today.

I don't really care if he stays or goes, because I've always felt that he's a more than decent enough backup. He's still number 4 in the pecking order(maybe even 5), so it's not like he's doing us any harm.

jem

I've always had a soft spot for him, and I do think he is capable of having an impact on games - but he's been given long enough. It's time to move on, I'm afraid.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The only reason to ship him out is if him being here stops us bringing a top quality player in.
It doesn't, so there's not really any problem with him being around and playing 10 games a year.

Games like yesterday would normally be ideal for him to have a run out in, if the manager wasn't already looking at a struggling team, having made too many changes in one go.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We're stuck with him for now but we should probably let him go next summer. He's going nowhere in terms of his development, and it's hardly like he's someone who is solid and dependable either who is discipline in his job.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Thing I really don't get is that sometimes he's in a decent position with players open for easy pass and he just hits it straight to the opposition defender in front of him rather than just making the simple ball. It's mind boggling.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Would much rather have Powell starting ahead of Anderson as Anderson has had his chances and his time has gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.