Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
The funny thing is, he's far and away our best CM. He's skillfull, quick, bullish, can pick a pass, tackle, break up play. He's a proper modern CM with defensive abilities as well as great technique and attacking flair.

Any idiot can see that our midfield should always be Ando and any other.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Also, if he can't last the 90 (which I doubt)m why not play him for 60 minutes until we have a nice comfortable lead and take him off? Or would that make too much sense.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Fitness? Fletcher and Scholes barely moved all game.

Injuries? He's not injured right now.
Maybe is not injured because we are using him in a limited capacity, I keep on saying this but I assume he is on a fitness programme to help avoid these injuries. It would certainly explain his current role.

TheBest

SPNTBP
I find it a bit weird when people say I love x player but I love anderson.

At the start of the season people were debating whether he's actually improved as a player. I would say the answer is quite obvious now. There has been a change in his game. He's affecting matches more consistently these days in comparison to our senior midfielders. As their influence has waned, his has increased. We desperately needed that drive in our midfield.

It's clearly his time to shine now.

Ash_G

The funny thing is, he's far and away our best CM. He's skillfull, quick, bullish, can pick a pass, tackle, break up play. He's a proper modern CM with defensive abilities as well as great technique and attacking flair.

Any idiot can see that our midfield should always be Ando and any other.
Don't think he's shown enough to say that yet. Definitely done enough to get more game time than he has but he still has lots to prove particularly his effectiveness over a whole 90 mins let alone in a run of games.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Also, if he can't last the 90 (which I doubt)m why not play him for 60 minutes until we have a nice comfortable lead and take him off? Or would that make too much sense.
A fully fit Anderson for 30 mins against a tiring QPR might be more effective again.

Does that make sense?

I really want to see him become our 1st choice midfielder. But let's try to understand why he is being used the way he is rather than moan and groan.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Maybe is not injured because we are using him in a limited capacity, I keep on saying this but I assume he is on a fitness programme to help avoid these injuries. It would certainly explain his current role.
Fair point. I can't see any other reason for playing him so little. I think he's started just ONE game in the premier league which, given the way he's been playing, is absurd. Hopefully that's the reason rather than anything else.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Can only assume Cleverley has been on something similar, both out for a stretch last season with injuries. Keep em fit, keep them training and improving. If they aren't playing more in the new year then something is horribly wrong.

amolbhatia50k

A fully fit Anderson for 30 mins against a tiring QPR might be more effective again.

Does that make sense?

I really want to see him become our 1st choice midfielder. But let's try to understand why he is being used the way he is rather than moan and groan.
As I said earlier, we have to compare him to those who do start. I can't see how he wouldn't have done far far better had he started than those who actually did.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The sad thing is, the only thing this performance will reaffirm for Ferguson is not that he'a clearly making a case for his place in midfield, rather that Anderson is a useful player to make an impact.

The Don

Don't think he's shown enough to say that yet. Definitely done enough to get more game time than he has but he still has lots to prove particularly his effectiveness over a whole 90 mins let alone in a run of games.
There's some logic in that for sure, but what I would say is, that type of performance is what he's capable of week in week out if he stays injury free and is actually given a proper run of games. Lets face it, though, even at his worst he's never been as bad as that midfield display was today.

The simple fact is, that he is an improvement on any of our other midfielders.
Bar Scholes' passing and vision, Anderson eclipses every other one of our midfield players in every department.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
He made our entire team tick. The defenders were looking up to him to guide the ball forward, whereas the strikers were finally getting some good balls from the midfield through his passes. Played like a leader today, didn't stop running for a second.

The Neviller

I love Anderson, always have, but if you look through threads concerning him you'll find so many wanting him fecked off long ago, with Ferguson criticised for sticking with him, now he's the answer to our prayers and Fergie is an idiot for not starting him.

Hard to win at football isn't it?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Does that make sense?

That makes sense, but then he has only started in dead rubber games (like galatasaray). Why risk him in those pointless games and then have him on the bench when it really matters? He's shown it time and time again is season, that whenever he has played, he has been our best midfielder. Surely he should be saved for the games in the league, and use the likes of scholes and giggs in the dead rubber games, alongside players like Powell?

Again, I'd understand if he was being used sparingly to save him from getting injured, but the fact that he hardly plays in the league but starts pointless games is just plain stupid.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Looking forward for MOTM tonight - I missed the second half completely due to unforeseen circumstances. I may even watch the full second half once I'll be able to download it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Reminds me of Tevez the way he runs. Was class when he came on.

acnumber9

Very good cameo from him today. If it's earned him a start on Wednesday he needs to grab the opportunity.

The Don

I love Anderson, always have, but if you look through threads concerning him you'll find so many wanting him fecked off long ago, with Ferguson criticised for sticking with him, now he's the answer to our prayers and Fergie is an idiot for not starting him.

Hard to win at football isn't it?
Well there have been people like myself and yourself, who thought he was the answer to our midfield problems all along. I'd never say Fergie is an idiot but i do question why he persists in picking midfield combinations that are proven to be shit, time and time again.

If Scholes is to play, it can't be in a 2 and most certainly can't be with an other slow player, who sits back. Same with Giggs. I have no problem with either of the legends getting a game, they still have a lot to offer but not at the same time and not in a midfield two.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
"We only played for 10 minutes and those 10 minutes were brilliant. I thought Anderson changed the game for us." SAF or has this been posted

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
his driving runs..ability to tackle and win the ball...pressing players...and last but not least, his killer passes....imo makes him an automatic starter.

But I do see him struggle with fitness and injuries.

If he is consistent....he will make his position in the starting 11 automatic.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Think SAF managing him very well, easing him into the season to sort out his fitness issues as if he can perform for 90 mins at the standards required of him (and that he shows off on occasion).

He will be critical for us at the business end of the season. But he needs to prove he can consistently boss a game for 90 mins instead of his once in a while, wonderful cameo's.

amolbhatia50k

Think SAF managing him very well, easing him into the season to sort out his fitness issues as if he can perform for 90 mins at the standards required of him (and that he shows off on occasion).

He will be critical for us at the business end of the season. But he needs to prove he can consistently boss a game for 90 mins instead of his once in a while, wonderful cameo's.
Why does he need to do that? Are you seeing the present starters "bossing a game for 90 minutes"?

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
I think carrick is criminally under rated on here.
Carrick is a non flashy midfielder. And when he's off form it feels like he's the most terrible player in the planet.

And we should keep on playing Anderson before he hits his yearly dip in form.

amolbhatia50k

That's all well and good but it didn't answer my question. He hasn't really bossed any games this season. He's been, laregely, poor this season.

Tibs

Anderson was a beast when he came on!

He should start a few games for us now, hopefully

DevilRed

Made all the difference today. Has been in very good form for most of the season when he has featured. However, we have seen this type of thing before and I will reserve judgement till he has played a full season without injuries or drop in form. Nonetheless, the lad deserves a start over Giggs/Scholes. He just takes us out of the zombie passing and brings another dimension to the team. Someone who can actually run with the ball and beat a defender.

Stretch

True but not even Carrick's been bossing teams, he's not that kinda CM either way. Ando deserves his opportunity. He's easily our best CM right now in terms of form. Even if he can't play a full 90 he should start IMO. I'd like to see Carrick & Ando partnership again. I always liked it.

twitter thread suggester
He was awesome, but I am still left thinking he could be so much better if he just had the right mentality both on and off the pitch.

He's got all the right tools to become truly great, but he only seems to take advantage of it now and again. And he still looks too lazy off the ball for me.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
As I said earlier, I didn't see the second half today so bare than in mind when I say this:

My only problem with Anderson is that he doesn't use his pace enough. I'd say he has one of the best acceleration ability in the squad, and he's one quick bastard as well. I'm amazed he doesn't use it more often - that's the area that I see which I can relate to Top's comment that he seems lazy at times.

Bross

Noggie Pez Dispenser
Chillin with Giggsy at the Retardment Castle
Always has been, and always gets slated whenever we dont play well as a unit. Hes the favorite scapegoat of the Caf.

Hes not been at his best this season but has still been decent. Its not like Cleverley has been that much better than him, yet some posters seem to be of the opinion that he should be permanently dropped and that Clev/Ando midfield two will dominate all opposition.

That being said, I also think Anderson deserves more game time. Ive always been a fan, and now hes starting to string together good performances one after another. Id really like a Carrick - Anderson midfield duo. Theoretically it should allow Ando to do his offensive runs without fear of leaving too much space for the opposition, letting Carrick have the main defensive job.

Bross

Noggie Pez Dispenser
Chillin with Giggsy at the Retardment Castle
Optimally Id like SAF to go back to the diamond we used a couple games. That would allow us to use Anderson and Cleverley to full effect and stop relying on our misfiring wingers. Welbeck also fits way better into a diamond formation than shunted out on the wing where he isnt very good.

wr8_utd

:'(

How exactly is he supposed to do that with ONE League start all season? He needs to be given a chance to prove he can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.