Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platato

Psst!
I think you're all bonkers, the lad has been excellent in at least 90% of his performances this season and one game has you all writing him off again.... nutters the lots of you.
yeah a lot of agenda driven posts these past couple days. strange when ando has done pretty well in most of his performances this season.

Godfather

Let's see here a little:

Madrid - Khedira
Barca - Busquets
City - Barry, Garcia
Chevski - Mikel
Juve - Vidal
Bayern - Matrinez

are players who play in Carrick's position in other big clubs. Only Busquets is clearly better than Carrick, while Carrick is better than most of others.

Talking about Carrick of last year.
I feel sick.

Khedira: better than Carrick.
Busquets: miles better than Carrick
Vidal: miles better than Carrick
Martinez: potentially better than Carrick

I'm always right

yeah a lot of agenda driven posts these past couple days. strange when ando has done pretty well in most of his performances this season.
For me he simply could not have done more than he has this season to show what a player he is and then still, one not brilliant game away in the CL playing in a weakened team and he's written off again. I shouldn't be shocked though, fickle football fans after all.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I may be the only here to hold this view, but I believe Carrick has done a very nice job for us the last five or six seasons. And at times, he's actually been sensational. But at the very least, he does a quietly effective job, neither disgracing himself nor showering himself in glory. Ruling out Barcelona, Real and Bayern of course, I'd say Carrick would get a hard look by the likes of Chelsea (better than Mikel IMHO), City (better than Barry IMHO) and Arsenal (not better than Wilshere, but Carrick would comfortably settle in under Wenger).

Cleverley is still relatively new to the first team. He has to be judged somewhat differently than Ando, who's been on the first team for four or five years. But no, Cleverley would not push aside Xavi, Iniesta, Ozil, Modric, Mata, Hazard, Silva, Cleverley or Cazorla.

Giggs and Scholes fall into a different bucket completely. But a fair assessment of Scholes in the second half of the 11/12 season is that he was arguably the English prem's top midfielder. Not today, however, as Father Time shows no mercy whatsoever.

Kagawa? I suppose he's technicallly listed as a forward but I consider him a midfielder. Sure, he'd get a sniff from all the top clubs. Barca and Real are already amply stocked with some of the top midfielders we will ever see in our lifetimes, but Kagawa surely would raise eyebrows at Chelsea and City.

I'm a huge fan of Nick Powell, about whom I will be sharing a new post from strettynews shortly. Suffice it to say that Powell has already shown brilliance in his short time in a red shirt already. You want to be cautious in your praise of teenagers but since only a thousand or so people on the planet are aware of the caf it's probably safe to say that we may be seeing the early days of a United legend.

Ando? We've been waiting for what seems like an eternity for a run of good performances and just haven't see it yet. We're all willing to wait longer, but not for another eternity.
IMHO Fletcher, Scholes Giggs and Anderson need replaced with new players as Carrick is our only midfielder that is a cert to start and finish the game thats not good enough for Utd.

Brophs

The One and Only
For me he simply could not have done more than he has this season to show what a player he is and then still, one not brilliant game away in the CL playing in a weakened team and he's written off again. I shouldn't be shocked though, fickle football fans after all.
Or it could just be, you know, that not everyone shares your opinion.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Says a fair bit about the knee jerk reactions on here though that when a player plays well you get a few heads in a thread pointing it out, then a bad(I thought he was alright personally) game comes along and threads fire in to life.

I'm always right

Or it could just be, you know, that not everyone shares your opinion.
I think everyone here agrees that he's been excellent in pretty much every performance in the Premier League this season so that's a "shared opinion" Brophs.

My "opinion" that we shouldn't then write him off after one offish game away in the CL playing in a weakened team is well, the reason I aint fickle.

But carry on fella....

Brophs

The One and Only
Says a fair bit about the knee jerk reactions on here though that when a player plays well you get a few heads in a thread pointing it out, then a bad(I thought he was alright personally) game comes along and threads fire in to life.
People are more likely to post in a player's thread/moan about them when they're pissed off. That's not knee jerk or anything to do with on here, it's just human nature. You'll find it on every forum, at every pub table etc.

Ole'sbodyguard

I think everyone here agrees that he's been excellent in pretty much every performance in the Premier League this season so that's a "shared opinion" Brophs.

My "opinion" that we shouldn't then write him off after one offish game away in the CL playing in a weakened team is well, the reason I aint fickle.

But carry on fella....
I don't think he's been excellent in every performance in the Premiership and doubt it is a consensus.

His two best games were in the Carling Cup, particilarly the Chelsea game.

Would like to see him get a run of games now, mind you, but saying he's been excellent in every PL match is over the top.

Platato

Psst!
I just find it weird when fans act like that. You're not going to like every player but finding the smallest things to have a gripe out is really strange. There was a poster going apeshit because Ando had 2 poorly hit crosses in succession when he's not really a corner kick taker. He's had worse performances at this club but none of them have been this season. The worst he's been is around a 6.5/10 yet some would have you believe it's a 4/10.

For me it just begs the question, do we want these players to do well or would we rather be proven right in the end?

Platato

Psst!
People are more likely to post in a player's thread/moan about them when they're pissed off. That's not knee jerk or anything to do with on here, it's just human nature. You'll find it on every forum, at every pub table etc.
No it's really not Brophs. It's a cultural thing.

I'm always right

I don't think he's been excellent in every performance in the Premiership and doubt it is a consensus.
Is that so.... hmmmm. Doesn't look that way reading back through the thread. And yeah, I did mean English games rather than PL, as he's not had that many chances in the Prem.

But please give me a couple of English games in which he hasn't been excellent then please pal, should be easy.

Brophs

The One and Only

But carry on fella....

His two best games were in the Carling Cup, particilarly the Chelsea game.

Would like to see him get a run of games now, mind you, but saying he's been excellent in every PL match is over the top.
I was going to reply, but I'm probably better echoing the above, since he said it better than I would have.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Anderson's had 3 good games this season (imo)

At home to Newcastle in the CO Cup
Away to Cluj
Away to Chelsea in the CO Cup

These are almost balanced out by the performance last night and away to Braga the latter of which was like playing with 10 men he was that bad

Ole'sbodyguard

Is that so.... hmmmm. Doesn't look that way reading back through the thread.

Give me a couple of PL games in which he hasn't been excellent then please pal, should be easy.
Everton(away), Stoke(home) and Arsenal(at home).

I don't think he was excellent against Fulham either but I would not criticise him the way others did that game.

I'd like you to name his excellent performances in the league. For me, his one excellent performance of the season was against Chelsea and he also had a very good game against Newcastle, which were both in the Carling cup. Some other decent outings along the way but certainly not excellent every PL game.

Just to make clear now, I don't think anyone other than possibly RVP has had that many excellent games for United this season.

Platato

Psst!
What culture are we talking about? This is an international forum. Surely you get a reasonable representation on here.
UK specifically. Ah but they aren't representative of every culture out there. I think the moaning is more representative of people's attitudes more so than human nature. Such a statement implies it's universal, which it's just not.

Brophs

The One and Only
So now Anderson hasn't look excellent this season, right ok my bad.
No, he hasn't looked excellent as he's had some bad games. Obviously he's had more good games than bad, but IMO he hasn't been "excellent in pretty much every PL game" nor could it be said that "he simply could not have done more than he has this season to show what a player he is".

Platato

Psst!
No, he hasn't looked excellent as he's had some bad games. Obviously he's had more good games than bad, but IMO he hasn't been "excellent in pretty much every PL game" nor could it be said that "he simply could not have done more than he has this season to show what a player he is".
He hasn't even played many minutes in the PL. He's got to be the lowest along with Fletcher in terms of the amount of minutes played.

Ole'sbodyguard

5 minutes played

20 minutes

30 mins and the general consensus was that he did well when he came on.

Ridiculous post this one. :lol:
Well, not really as you said he has been excellent in every performance in the PL this season, you did not state starts, did you. You asked for examples and now because you're original point was complete bollocks, you are trying to laugh it off. Just using you're own daft logic, pal.

Are you going name his excellent performances this season in the league or keep dodging the question. If it is a consensus it would be piss easy to prove.

Anderson's obviously not been excellent in every performance in the Premier league this season. His best displays have been in another competition for a start.

You come across as a complete feckwit, Honestly always thought at.

Platato

Psst!
One of the times where we need a "Start over" button. This discussion is going in circles. Have a good night lads.

Brophs

The One and Only
UK specifically. Ah but they aren't representative of every culture out there. I think the moaning is more representative of people's attitudes more so than human nature. Such a statement implies it's universal, which it's just not.
Given that it's pretty clear my description could only have referred to football fans, how could I have been suggesting it's universal? If you want to quibble over the semantics of "human nature" v "people's attitudes" have at it.

I'm always right

In the game he's started this season he's been very good.

Fulham (H)
Newcastle (H)
Cluj (A)
Chelsea (A)

He's also come on as sub in a couple games and been very good.

Arsenal (H)
Aston Villa (A)

Very limited chances to do as well as he has, but yeah, last night ruins it all.

Fickle, fickle, fickle.

Brophs

The One and Only
Very limited chances to do as well as he has, but yeah, last night ruins it all.

Fickle, fickle, fickle.
Who said last night ruined it all? Just because I don't agree he has been quite so good as excellent, doesn't mean that's the case.

I'm always right

Are you going name his excellent performances this season in the league or keep dodging the question. If it is a consensus it would be piss easy to prove.

Anderson's obviously not been excellent in every performance in the Premier league this season. His best displays have been in another competition for a start..
hmmm...

Is that so.... hmmmm. Doesn't look that way reading back through the thread. And yeah, I did mean English games rather than PL, as he's not had that many chances in the Prem.
Please re-read my last post where I said, "yeah, I did mean English game, rather than PL as he's only started 1 of them"
feckwit.

Ole'sbodyguard

You put in Everton away, he played 5 mins, he could neither be good nor bad. Hence.... ridiculous post, no debate on that.
I put in Everton away because YOU said he had been excellent in every PL performance this season and that this was a consensus.

You got called out on that, because it obvious bollocks and are now trying to take the point elsewhere.

Most of your examples now are from Europe and the Carling Cup which shows how bullshit you're original point was.

The only ridicilious post in this thread is yours saying Anderson's been excellent in every PL performance this season. Not many backing you up on that consensus, eh?

I'm always right

I'm always right

Most of your examples now are from Europe and the Carling Cup which shows how bullshit you're original point was.
Can you not read? :lol:

For the FOURTH time.... I obviously meant English games as he's only has 1 PL start.

Just didn't think through my wording fully first time, after you mentioned the CC performances I realised my mistake and said that to you (about 20 posts ago in reply to you), and have now said it another 3 times since but you keep choosing to ignore it.

Ole'sbodyguard

hmmm...

feckwit.
You edited the post after you got called out on the point about him being excellent in every PL appearance. Check the post I originally responded to in the quotes above. The hilarious thing is you can't even give an example of one excellent performance in the PL and according to you it's a consensus.

You look a total fecking idiot.

I'm always right

The hilarious thing is you can't even give an example of one excellent performance in the PL and according to you it's a consensus..
He's played ONE PL game Ole.

So obviously it was a mistake in my wording. But yeah, keep hanging to that.

You'll notice my edit came after I read:

Anderson's had 3 good games this season (imo)

At home to Newcastle in the CO Cup
Away to Cluj
Away to Chelsea in the CO Cup
I then thought, feck yeah I obviously mean English games as the fecker has just 1 PL start. So I edited my post to reflect that, but you'd already clicked the quote button. I've tried 3 times since then to refer you to it but for some reason you actually think I mean PL... which if we're both honest, offers fecking zero for either of our arguments on Ando's season, because he's played one fecking game!

Status
Not open for further replies.