Anderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttackingFlair

I remember one amazing pass he made to Obertan with his right foot. Perfect weight, accuracy, it had range and also on his weaker foot.

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
We learnt nothing new with Anderson today i felt...its always been relatively clear hes a far more talented effective player in a 3 man midfield than a two man midfield....lighten the load of responsibility on him and give him the added cover another man in there offers and he naturally expresses himself to a far greater level...

Trouble is we dont have the forwards to play a 4-3-3 on a regular basis....it suits Anderson but it dosnt suit the team for the majority of matches.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I remember one amazing pass he made to Obertan with his right foot. Perfect weight, accuracy, it had range and also on his weaker foot.
Yeah, I remember that. He's actually got a decent range of passing with his right foot. In fact, he's less likely to feck up with his right because he doesn't try so many wildly ambitious passes.

johnmufc

You're right Pogue, I probably am being a bit harsh on Anderson. I've only just remembered he set up Gibson's first goal nicely. And as you've said, he did improve quite a bit once Carrick came on.

I think his passing just frustrates me because he has the ability to make those passes, but he lacks the experience to know when to make them, and when to keep it simple.

He's clearly suited as the more attacking midfielder of a midfield three, but he has put in a few very good performances lately alongside just Carrick in a midfield two. (The matches against Wolfsburg and Blackburn come to mind.) I'm not convinced the combination of Anderson and Gibson has the positional sense or discipline to ever become very effective though, unlike Carrick and Anderson.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I think we sometimes judge Anderson on the player we thought he was going be. I like him, I think he has a lot to offer and will get much better.

OneUnited24

We learnt nothing new with Anderson today i felt...its always been relatively clear hes a far more talented effective player in a 3 man midfield than a two man midfield....lighten the load of responsibility on him and give him the added cover another man in there offers and he naturally expresses himself to a far greater level...

Trouble is we dont have the forwards to play a 4-3-3 on a regular basis....it suits Anderson but it dosnt suit the team for the majority of matches.
Well he could play as a SS but that either means dropping Berba or Rooney... Not likely to happen

oleonenumber20

I've said it before but I reckon 433 could be great

-----------carrick------------
-----Fletcher------Anderson
--Welbeck---Berba---Rooney--

needs to be fluid though with lots of movement

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
Well he could play as a SS but that either means dropping Berba or Rooney... Not likely to happen

Agreed its a conundrum really because im of the opinion were we to give Anderson a long regular stint in the team in a 3 man midfield week in week out wed see the real Anderson come to the fore in quite a special way...we’ve already seen how good he can be in such roles against even the best sides notably this season at Stamford bridge and against Arsenal in the champions league semi finals last season...exceptional performances...I can only remember one poor performance from Anderson in a three man midfield that being in Rome and to be fair the team as a whole were just woeful…

Unfortunately as you rightly say the problem is we cant accommodate him in such a system on such a regular basis simply because of our forward players (both our wingers and strikers) being far better suited to a 4-4-2 system...for all our quality at stamford bridge out front 3 did look quite toothless when it came to crafting out clear cut openings and showing that lethal touch we needed on the day.…

mr.suave

He played very well tonight.

I'm convinced he's going to be a hell of a player in a few seasons. He's got everything you need to be a top-class midfielder, it's just a case of putting it all together.

Brophs

The One and Only
Given his propensity to hit rocket launcher-esque passes, getting him closer to his targets might not be the best idea.:)

OneUnited24

I'm not sure what an SS is but I've a horrible feeling you're suggesting playing Anderson as a striker. Which would be insane, obviously.
Well more a SS playing in the hole between attack and midfield, the number of times i've seen him play as the most attacking in a midfield 3 ahead of 2 others makes you think that if you give him the freedom of the pitch he may express himself much better. I mean once Carrick came on and we went 433 Anderson looked much better, also i recall a lot of his early Porto days he would often play in those more advanced positions in the UCL

fatboy

I've always wondered about Anderson on the left wing. He has a good left foot to send in the crosses and diagonal passes, and good enough with his right foot to drift in when he needs to. He's got a good turn of pace, lots of strength, and is obviously able to track back as well. He'd be like a Valencia on the left, with slightly less pace but more versatility because he's two-footed.

Crazy idea I know, but I'm surprised he's not played there at least once. Hell even Fletcher and Hargreaves gets pushed out to the right from time to time, and I don't see how they can be more suitable for playing on the wings as compared to Ando. He can't do much worse than Nani.

Alex

Left wing, no thanks he has played there before, I think the last time he did was Burnley away

manusteve

Got a pass on him, but needs to find his zone. He has a tendency to over hit the long balls, or cut them short so that the attack can't beat his defender to it. He'll get better. Maybe needs to work with Scholesy a bit more.
Good point about Scholes. NOBODY passes like Scholes with the same accuracy and weighting, not even Carrick comes close.

I do think we are a bit harsh on Anderson. I really enjoy watching him and Fletcher and Carrick as part of a three-man midfield. Gives us more control I think.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I didn't watch last nights game but its hard to judge Anderson because of how we play him. He almost always looks brilliant in a 433 but without Ronaldo I'm not sure we have the players for it. Whereas in a 442 his performances seem to range from good to average and fluctuate a lot between that.

Personally I think the 433 suits all our midfielders and I'd like to see us give it a shot.

OneUnited24

I didn't watch last nights game but its hard to judge Anderson because of how we play him. He almost always looks brilliant in a 433 but without Ronaldo I'm not sure we have the players for it. Whereas in a 442 his performances seem to range from good to average and fluctuate a lot between that.

Personally I think the 433 suits all our midfielders and I'd like to see us give it a shot.
Only problem with that is who do you play on a wing, Berba or Rooney or do you drop one of them and play Giggs/Nani/Park/Obertan

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Only problem with that is who do you play on a wing, Berba or Rooney or do you drop one of them and play Giggs/Nani/Park/Obertan
Thats the dilemma.but Rooney and giggs will work in the front three. And valencias playing very well, he should be able to do the job too.

Only issue is berbatov has always been dropped when we play a 433 so fergus seems to think he doesn't work in that formation.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa

The problem is 4-3-3 suits our midfielders but not our attackers or wide men.

OneUnited24

Thats the dilemma.but Rooney and giggs will work in the front three. And valencias playing very well, he should be able to do the job too.

Only issue is berbatov has always been dropped when we play a 433 so fergus seems to think he doesn't work in that formation.
And Giggs is getting on now, we cant really expect him to give blow out performances 2 times a week (i know he has but its still asking a lot from him). Although when Henry went to Barca he was played on the left side and it took him a while to figure it out which he did, so it might be a idea to put Berba there and see how we/he does

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
And Giggs is getting on now, we cant really expect him to give blow out performances 2 times a week (i know he has but its still asking a lot from him). Although when Henry went to Barca he was played on the left side and it took him a while to figure it out which he did, so it might be a idea to put Berba there and see how we/he does
Berb is just too slow for the role really. He either has to play down the middle ina 4-3-3 or not at all.

Fergies Formula

they are completly different players, henry was always a player who could take people on and did a lot of good work from the left with his speed and dribbling. Berbatov is a central striker and this will always remain. Rooney if anyone could go on the left hand side of the attack with berbatov in the middle and valencia on the right.

Adebesi

I was frustrated with him last night but it is only because I have such belief in him, such high expectations, that a merely "good" performance from him doesnt seem to be good enough, it doesnt match his potential. A lot of wayward and quite ludicrous passes had me shouting at the telly on a few occasions but when all is said and done I still love him.

Fergies Formula

thought he was great last night and as usual forces passes a bit too much, he will get the balance right eventually. Loved seeing him use that burst of pace to take people on through the middle, ferguson has been encouraging this recently it seems, want to see more though. He is finding some confidence and he will continue to grow. Nice to see his right foot and postioning develop.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
^^ Cop out

Was very good when he came on. Showed his range of passing, from instictive Scholes-esque 40 yard spreads to little Scholes-esque back heal through balls. Failed to show his other Scholes-esque balls though, fortunately.

Once again, how anyone can't see the potential this boy has at 21 baffles me. But then again Orange skins baffle me, so meh.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I think it's just that some people aren't patient enough with centre mids.

Lucas isn't good enough, Fletcher isn't good enough, Anderson's vastly overrated...people don't seem to catch on that midfielders usually aren't even ready to be playing as many games for such a big club in midfield at this age, and only very, very few can.

OneUnited24

^^ Cop out

Was very good when he came on. Showed his range of passing, from instictive Scholes-esque 40 yard spreads to little Scholes-esque back heal through balls. Failed to show his other Scholes-esque balls though, fortunately.

Once again, how anyone can't see the potential this boy has at 21 baffles me. But then again Orange skins baffle me, so meh.
Me either but i suppose its all down to people expecting young players to be world beaters by the times they're 23

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He was great today, hope he starts v City and Milan, we badly need pace all over the pitch.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
^^ Cop out

At 21 he is still looking a fecking good buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.