View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Alemar

My favourite moment in the game bar the last minute goal was him absolutely clattering everyone saving Watkins chance. That's the onana we want to see!
Yes, and that’s what DDG lacked - he always avoided harsh physical contact with attackers when possible. And that’s often needed - be it 1 on 1 or crosses

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yes, and that’s what DDG lacked - he always avoided harsh physical contact with attackers when possible. And that’s often needed - be it 1 on 1 or crosses
Yep, he did make up for that by being outstanding with saving with his feet on 1 on 1s. Crosses he didn't really have anything to combat.

lex talionis

For what it's worth, at Ajax Onana made rookie mistakes first half of the season (Taken, he actually was a rookie then) and if it wasn't for Peter Bosz's faith in him he would have been dropped probably by every other coach.
True, but when you're 27 you're no longer entitled the same low expectations as would a bona fide rookie is. His horror first half of the season is behind so let's hope he keeps up his current improvement in form. We wasted 70m for Antony and 60m for Mount and it would be hard to accept that another 40m was wasted on Onana. If my math is correct, that would make it 170m set on fire.

led_scholes

I m sure some people will blame him for the goal (I disagree). Good performance overall and some nice distribution.

E-mal

Makes me nervous but I am willing to be patient as long as we can get a capable number 2

massey

Great pass to dalot for a chance some dodgy kicking but was more solid second half,no idea what he was doing for their goal imagine schmeichel in that situation.

duckers

I think it was another solid performance. The goal wasn’t his issue, it was in an area where he had to come out. His calmness and distribution today was great, should have an assist after that ball to Dalot!

BuzzKillington

I’m not his biggest fan, but he’s at least at a level now where replacing him isn’t an absolute necessity, which given the other areas we need to strengthen in, is a godsend. I’d still like to see us upgrade him if a genuinely good keeper becomes available.

SAFMUTD

It wasn't a massive error but he should had done way better on their goal.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'm the first to be critical when I think he should have done better for a goal, but I don't think he was at fault for their goal.

He was off his line quickly (something which he has been hugely at fault for not doing in the past) tried to smoother the shot by making himself big (again, something he doesn't always do) and it didn't pay off.

redshaw

Lets not get carried away. Luton are a tricky side and really go for it at all times.

Superunknown

From what I've seen so far, I think he just needs to get his first season with us out of the way, and then look to come back even better in his second year. I don't fully trust him yet and I grimace every time we concede a corner or a free kick, or even when a ball comes into the box. Our entire back four has had too many changes this season, so that hasn't helped either. We need stability. What he probably needs is for us to make our transfer intentions clear that we're looking for x position rather than a keeper. He'll come good in the long run. I hope.

Ole'sgunnarwin

I'm not convinced but I thought his distribution was brilliant today. That through ball to Dalot was delicious.

Litch

Did initially think maybe should have done better but on reflection it was a bit unlucky. I dont want to be that fan who critcises everything and thinks he should save everything too....

united for life

Makes me nervous but I am willing to be patient as long as we can get a capable number 2
i don’t think our current number 2 got his chance. It’s been unfair as Onana has been below average this year. I feel he is heavy, poor reflex.

E-mal

i don’t think our current number 2 got his chance. It’s been unfair as Onana has been below average this year. I feel he is heavy, poor reflex.
I am more worried about his judgement and fundermentals of ball handling at this stage

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Decent again. Didn't quite show the aggression I loved from him in the Villa game, but handled his business well enough.

Their goal isn't a perfect decision from him, but closing the angle and trying to make himself big isn't the worst thing to do against the jammy bounce of the ball they got in that situation. Seemed like there were about even numbers of people saying he should have cleaned everyone out to get the ball or stayed on his line instead in the match thread, which shows it was hardly a cut-and-dried simple decision to make in a split second.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Good performance where he was solid and his distribution was good imo, and on another day he could've even ended up with a assist.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I'd imagine Schmeichel would have came charging out and went star fish also, as it was his trademark. He might have saved it the only difference
Yeah, I remember Heaton making a similar save against us from Zlatan in more recent times to what Onana was attempting to do. Those kinds of stops are just down to making as big a barrier as possible and dumb luck.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Been like a new signing since returning from AFCON, solid last few games and that pass to Dalot was fantastic. Unlucky with the goal conceded, Shaw hesitated slightly but cant blame Onana for it. Hope it continues as we need to strengthen other positions first and move a few of them on.

RuudTom83

Classic case of no media or socials will talk about him, but he hasn’t put a foot wrong for a while now.

We will only hear about Onana if he makes a mistake :rolleyes:

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Carry on like this and he comes out of the season with some credit.

The goal they scored was quite fortunate in the circumstances. They obviously played well and could’ve scored from other opportunities but the actual goal itself just went their way and even if he went full Peter Schmeichel it would’ve required some major luck.

Oranges038

Continuing his solid PL form.

On first viewing I thought he could have done better for their goal, but watching it back he didn't have many options and on another day it might just hit him and bounce away.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Decent again. Didn't quite show the aggression I loved from him in the Villa game, but handled his business well enough.

Their goal isn't a perfect decision from him, but closing the angle and trying to make himself big isn't the worst thing to do against the jammy bounce of the ball they got in that situation. Seemed like there were about even numbers of people saying he should have cleaned everyone out to get the ball or stayed on his line instead in the match thread, which shows it was hardly a cut-and-dried simple decision to make in a split second.
Exactly. And if he had stayed rooted to his line, or wiped the striker out in an attempt to get to a ball he was clearly second best for then there’s a good chance they end up scoring anyway and he’d have got shit for taking either decision.

Fluctuation0161

Really want him to do well, as I love his attitude, but he doesn't look good enough at all.
Same. I'm not sure what he was doing for their goal. In critical games I still feel he will cost us goals.

I'm afraid we may have to be brutal and say, if we want to win trophies, he isn't good enough.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Passing accuracy 52% (half of his passing was shit?), with 32 long ball (and 11 successful).

Is it what considered "good distribution"? or just a different standard.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Passing accuracy 52% (half of his passing was shit?), with 32 long ball (and 11 successful).

I think there are a few reasons why his percentage is so low. First is, we play way too many long balls as a team, those will almost always lead to a 50/50 chance of losing the ball.
Another is that our forwards aren't very good at contesting for these long balls. Hojlund is getting better at them but Rashford just has the wrong mentality. At Inter, he had Dzeko and Lukaku to aim for.

Conor

Maybe watch the game?