• Fa cup 3rd round (Jan 6)
  • Carabao cup ro16 (Jan 8)
  • Spurs home (jan 13)
  • Fa cup 4th round (Jan 27)
  • Carabao cup quarter final (Jan 29)
  • Wolves away (Jan 30)
  • West ham home (Feb 3)
  • Villa away (Feb 10)
Not that bad honestly. Not sure if he'd miss the cup games before the tournament starts. He'd miss Spurs away then we get a 2 week break, fa cup game and then either wolves away or the carabao cup again. Wolves ans West Ham games I'm guessing are dependent on progress. Villa is only if he goes all the way. Could be worse.
Thank you for actually doing the analysis! Judging by the reaction here I thought we had a cluster of top six fixtures around that time.

Prodigy24

They still have that bloody tournament in January?! No offence to or Onana any other Cameroonian but I hope they fail to qualify.

ShinjiNinja26

They still have that bloody tournament in January?! No offence to or Onana any other Cameroonian but I hope they fail to qualify.
They actually moved it to the summer but due to weather concerns(flooding) in the Ivory Coast they’ve decided to push it back to January 2024. Hopefully just a one off.

Superunknown

lex talionis

I look forward to seeing the "transformation" of our attack that is supposed to start with our new keeper.

That said, Onana has been brilliant so far except for the bonehead positioning in pre-season play that led to being lobbed from the center circle (meaningless in the end as it was pre-season) and the OG that Onana should have prevented. The longball pass from the midway line to Garnacho's left gonad was spot on perfect and really should have led to a good scoring chance.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Hope Cameroon lose quickly but they have a pretty decent team and I may see them going far this year (like Senegal, Ivory Cost).

But if we have Amrabaat with us too, he will leave and may be off a month too

Oranges038

No idea what he was at for the first goal. He was like he fecking glitched or something. One of the strangest pieces of goalkeeping I've seen for quite some time.

edgecutter

That was a de gea performance today. Stuck to his line several times and a goal keeping gaff in there as well.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
That was a de gea performance today. Stuck to his line several times and a goal keeping gaff in there as well.
There is no way De Gea does that for the first goal.

To be fair I don't think there's many keepers who would do whatever that was!

YSB99

Supports
Machester United FC
He’s always been dodgy going back to Ajax , that’s de gea for that 2nd goal people would be up in arms never mind the 1st, didn’t have high hopes when we signed him to be honest, prioritising a keeper because of his passing is honestly ridiculous.

PSV

Hey, 0% long pass accuracy... I can't recall De Gea ever achieving that.

No sweep for 1st, no claim for 2nd. To think some people thought this guy was an upgrade.

mavradal

Really poor game from him today, was partially at fault for the first goal and did almost nothing what a sweeper keeper was supposed to do

Last edited:

RuudTom83

The outfield players recovered well after the opening 5 mins. But I think it affected Onana most of the game and he couldn't shake it off.

But it's a Win!

League is a marathon...onto the next game.

arnie_ni

Ddg was/is one of the best keepers on those long range 1 v 1s. Your man Harrison had a twitter thread on him once I'm I'm remembering correct.

Onana won't change us over night, he needs time, but as many of us here said, our outfielders aren't good enough to see a massive benefit of a keeper like onana or ederson or whoever.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Wtf was that. He is a sweeper keeper but how many times did he actually sweep ? I mean, if we are to cut his biggest trait why sign him ?

His distribution was also bit off. Would like to know his pass completion %

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Shades of Henderson vs Salah for that first one.

Just a bad day at the office hopefully.

edgecutter

De gea has done some daft things playing for us. This time last year he let a shot trickle through his hands.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Wtf was that. He is a sweeper keeper but how many times did he actually sweep ? I mean, if we are to cut his biggest trait why sign him ?

His distribution was also bit off. Would like to know his pass completion %
I'm assuming he was given instructions not to come out. It seems weird to play one way for a long time and then just stop

Zed is not dead

Really underwhelming first 3 games for us.
He showcased really good shotstopping against Wolves but then proceeded to become average.

I didn’t see him do that much sweeping, and for all the talk about his passing quality, he hoofed the ball to literally no one several times since start of the season. The first goal today was criminal for instance

I expect much more from him and I hope he can be the goalkeeper we need

justboy68

A performance to forget today. Bit of a strange one with some of his decision making, hopefully just a blip.

CG1010

After the 3-2 we were actually planning to do keep the ball with Onana and others but once Onana gave away the ball through a short paas that made us nervy for the rest of the game.

Diego_Milito

Supports
FC Internazionale
bad performance for him today. But Peter Schmeichel would perform badly too occasionally, just saying. And his team was a lot better than this one.