View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Redlyn

How does a player like Mount need to settle though? Sancho? The players that were good (Casemiro, Martinez, Onana) all showed from day one they could do it, once they got fit and used to the physicality. Took about 3 games.
Did I say a player like Mount has to settle? Sancho has been here a full season already. My post was a general reply to your general statement that good players don't need to settle. Adapting to the physicality is part of it.

crossy1686

career ending
Did I say a player like Mount has to settle? Sancho has been here a full season already. My post was a general reply to your general statement that good players don't need to settle. Adapting to the physicality is part of it.
I'm not saying you did mate, I'm asking the people who say the players need time to adjust. Yeah, bad players do need time to adjust, good players just slot in. If they've come from a foreign league there can be an adaptation phase but they still look good in spells, not consistently shite.

Pickle85

Why are we still talking about DDG. Can we not just talk about the player, in the player's thread?

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I think it’s as simple as them both being left sided forwards and want to be in the same spaces. Both want to move inside.

They don’t work well together though.
In the pre-contract signing Rashford thread I said that at some point we'll have to choose between one or the other, I was shouted down, but I still maintain that at some point in the not too distant future we're going to have to choose, Rashford is not a CF and unless Garnacho switches to the tight we cannot accommodate both

Red-17

In the pre-contract signing Rashford thread I said that at some point we'll have to choose between one or the other, I was shouted down, but I still maintain that at some point in the not too distant future we're going to have to choose, Rashford is not a CF and unless Garnacho switches to the tight we cannot accommodate both
I think that is the least of our problems, if one or both are too good to not be anything other than a nailed on starter, then we are doing well, but I don't think that is the case right now.

Not the right thread for that debate though.

RedOrange

Nice attempt to quote a week's old post and blame it on the poster. I may have said something bad about Casemiro one year back. Why don't you try that too ?
Come on mate you're over 40 and still idolizing a washed up keeper. Onana's better than De Gea, it was great business bringing him in and letting De Gea go.

Valencia Shin Crosses

How does a player like Mount need to settle though? Sancho? The players that were good (Casemiro, Martinez, Onana) all showed from day one they could do it, once they got fit and used to the physicality. Took about 3 games.
Agree. Unless it's a very young player or someone coming from a very obscure league, signings generally show quality early on even if they aren't putting on 10/10 displays.

The whole "give them time" thing is used far too often for players that simply aren't good enough.

crossy1686

career ending
Agree. Unless it's a very young player or someone coming from a very obscure league, signings generally show quality early on even if they aren't putting on 10/10 displays.

The whole "give them time" thing is used far too often for players that simply aren't good enough.
People attribute it to every player we sign because Evra and Vidic once took 6 months to bed in. What no one mentions is that they were signed in January with no integration plan other than ‘turn up and give it a go’. All our previous signings would get a preseason and time to adapt over the summer.

Pickle85

Come on mate you're over 40 and still idolizing a washed up keeper. Onana's better than De Gea, it was great business bringing him in and letting De Gea go.
Why are you banging on about de gea in onana's thread? If anyone seems obsessed about him, it's you pal.

Reiver

One of our better players yesterday. I liked De Gea, and he should have had more of a fanfare for leaving, but I definitely think Onana is a better keeper.

united for life

Onana dribbles a spurs player, goes a bit forward and makes a long pass to the left wing far up the pitch. That was united’s highlight of the game. It shows how bad we were but it also shows how good Onana is on the ball

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
What the feck is wrong with you. Either you are misinformed or you are referring to someone else. Jeez - just read the posts ffs.

TheRedHearted

One of our better players yesterday. I liked De Gea, and he should have had more of a fanfare for leaving, but I definitely think Onana is a better keeper.
That second goal he should have made his body bigger, it’s so close if he dives either way he could have stopped it.

Last edited:

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
That second goal he should have Alger made his body bigger, it’s so close if he dives either way he could have stopped it.
Seriously the latest Marvel superhero would have had trouble stopping that

Blood Mage

He's absolutely wasted in our team right now considering only Martinez is on his wavelength at playing out from the back. Honestly we might as well have kept De Gea for one more season and spent the Onana money on Amrabat, we'd be slightly better off right now IMO.

PSV

Cameroon isn't qualified yet. They have their final qualifier game on the 12th of Sept that they must win in order to get in.

FerociousCorgis

def sucks and is very annoying. Hopefully they lose the game on the 12th and this isnt an issue for us. Considering our shit backup options would be less than ideal.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So AFCON runs Jan 13 to Feb 11. Around those days we have:
  • Fa cup 3rd round (Jan 6)
  • Carabao cup ro16 (Jan 8)
  • Spurs home (jan 13)
  • Fa cup 4th round (Jan 27)
  • Carabao cup quarter final (Jan 29)
  • Wolves away (Jan 30)
  • West ham home (Feb 3)
  • Villa away (Feb 10)
Not that bad honestly. Not sure if he'd miss the cup games before the tournament starts. He'd miss Spurs away then we get a 2 week break, fa cup game and then either wolves away or the carabao cup again. Wolves ans West Ham games I'm guessing are dependent on progress. Villa is only if he goes all the way. Could be worse.