View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Reynoldo

Calling it now, he will assist Rashford or one of our attackers for a goal next season. But, also I feel that he will be prone to a few blunders with how he plays. Won't be surprised if he cost us a few goals as well because of his risk taking at the back.
Said that myself in another thread, think the direct Onana to Rashford counter could become a thing.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Fingers crossed he can improve shot stopping too, there are some serious howlers in this:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Player agent: Goal management.
Because he is about managing goals innit.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
If a calamitous howler is in the cards, hopefully it's as early as possible. Get it out of the way quickly.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I feel like he can easily be the next Licha and Case - fan-favorite, cherished both for his abilities and his character/passion. I really look forward to watching him and wish him to become a real United legend, with lots of trophies and memorable games

klayton88

He's going to make mistakes, sure, but most top keepers do these days. We are going to be infinitely times more effective at starting attacking phases. Done are the days of slow, calamitous, panic passing. I just hope he's a good character off the pitch also. I want a drama free season of well behaved players to get behind.

EDIT - what a fool I was

Last edited:

Oranges038

De Gea was the same
Yesh, and he never did and look at where he is now, 32 unemployed on the scratch heading for the dole office every week. He'll be lucky to get another job.

Onana needs to bulk up he'll end up going the same way.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Fingers crossed he can improve shot stopping too, there are some serious howlers in this:

He looks a bit heavy tbh, the goals that he concedes are often because he couldn't reach them. I don't think it's that much of an issue but doesn't seem as lean as De Gea and some other keepers. Maybe it's just an impression because of his frame.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
He's going to make mistakes, sure, but most top keepers do these days. We are going to be infinitely times more effective at starting attacking phases. Done are the days of slow, calamitous, panic passing. I just hope he's a good character off the pitch also. I want a drama free season of well behaved players to get behind.
Van der Sar loved him.

The Red Thinker

All this “I expect a few howlers” chat on here almost made me forget that he held the most clean sheets in the Champions League last season! Granted in a lower block as is Inter’s style but inviting that kind of pressure means he ought to have done a lot of goal preventive measures to be decent enough to reach the CL finals.

Doom Mongering is a Caf Specialty I know. But I say let’s wait and watch before giving out grand proclamations.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
All this “I expect a few howlers” chat on here almost made me forget that he held the most clean sheets in the Champions League last season! Granted in a lower block as is Inter’s style but inviting that kind of pressure means he ought to have done a lot of goal preventive measures to be decent enough to reach the CL finals.

Doom Mongering is a Caf Specialty I know. But I say let’s wait and watch before giving out grand proclamations.
All goalkeepers have a few howlers, but Onana's style draws a bit more attention to it. So you're always going to get people who are going to focus on them

saivet

I didn't think there were many howlers in this video but quite a few shots where I might expect other keepers to save. I think it just demonstrates the general consensus he's a decent shot stopper but if we're getting peppered, he probably isn't the guy to pull out a string of unbelievable saves.

I think DDG probably has worse howlers if we did a similar video for 2023 but probably has more highlight worthy/impressive saves.

Even ignoring his ability on the ball, I think I'd rather a prefer a more consistent keeper with less shot stopping ability than a guy that has better shot stopping but is prone to more clangers.

Real Name

Calling it now, he will assist Rashford or one of our attackers for a goal next season. But, also I feel that he will be prone to a few blunders with how he plays. Won't be surprised if he cost us a few goals as well because of his risk taking at the back.
That's a brave call.

Raven

Yesh, and he never did and look at where he is now, 32 unemployed on the scratch heading for the dole office every week. He'll be lucky to get another job.

Onana needs to bulk up he'll end up going the same way.
Are we looking at the same person?

Mullet_Man

Hopefully he'll never make a howler.
Course he will it happens with this type of goalie and we are going to need to adjust our style of play to suit as we've been use to long hoofs most of the time.

Expecting a few bumpy games along the first half of the season as he beds in but he's certainly going to be a massive upgrade and he was great against City in the CL final.

Betson

And yet every mistake De Gea made meant he was a terrible keeper and a liability to the team. No, I think we do jump on him and demand better. It’s the United (fan base) way. I expect a ‘We are never going to win anything with Onana in goal’ thread within half an hour of his first game. :p
DeGea would have saved that one.

FujiVice

He was fantastic. Our best player, which was an incredibly low bar granted, but his passing is a revelation.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Going for crosses, comfortable on the ball, sweeping, and very strong shot stopping... What a man

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Not that pre-season matters but could have done better for their first but was good otherwise.

WPMUFC

He has revolutionised our game. I saw one play where Martinez was playing over the half way line with Onana as CDM. There was also a play where he let the RM player come all the way up to him and was still able to effortlessly play the ball out giving I think Pelistri or Bruno basically a free run to the half way line.

i'm in love.

El Jefe

Poor for the first goal but did everything exceptionally well after that. Could do nothing about the second.

I was really impressed.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Was great, is going to change our build-up a lot.

Was he lacking a bit of anticipation on the 2nd goal though? The mistake is from Williams and ofcourse it was brilliance by Joselu, but he seemed off-guard/ too slow to even react.

Witchking

Good debut. The defense needs to get used to him. His passing was crisp. Going to be a good signing for United.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Hope he keeps building up credit for the inevitable gaffe.

Easily our best player today. No more ‘heartburn heartburn heartburn’ when the ball is at his feet after a short goal kick.

Blood Mage

His passing is a hilarious upgrade on De Gea's. We are probably going to miss Dave's unreal shot-stopping but Onana looks much better at everything else so we'll get by just fine.