View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

CloneMC16

Before the error I was genuinely amazed how good he was just pinging it around and we really were in control of that game. I’m a fan, as long as that is a howler and we’re done for the season with big errors that’s fine but it will be worrying if he has got the dreaded ‘mistake in him’ keeper curse.
He is fantastic at that. He played some fantastic passes through the lines. He also played some great long passes out towards the left flank. He just can't concede goals like that first one. It ruins the game for us.

saivet

Do rate him coming out in the press and fronting up to his mistake and generally poor start. I know DDG used to come into the press but more often than not it was when he played fine but the team was shite.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Absolutely shat the bed with that first one, but at least showed good mentality to pick himself up and play pretty well after that, considering he was completely exposed by our defence and midfield time and again.

My biggest worry about him is that he's now gun-shy with sweeping after that chip in the Lens friendly. Seems a bit rooted to his line.

Quinze

Needs to be dropped for at least 1 game to keep him on his toes.

El Zoido

Bad mistake for the first goal but again, I really don’t see a problem with him. Couldn’t have done anything about the second or third goals, I wouldn’t blame him for the fourth either. Made some good saves in the meantime. We’re conceding 3+ gilt edged chances every game, wtf do you expect. The problem is further up the pitch than him, it’s just weird how much of a scapegoat he’s become already. If we keep conceding this many easy chances it makes absolutely no difference who’s between the sticks.

abailey123

Fair play for the lad in his interview here. Admits it’s his fault, fronts it completely and says he’s not been good enough in his start.

3KDré

Where are the posters who were raving about him and criticising DDG at the start of the season? I bet you feel silly now.
Says more about our fans that De Gea's mistakes/deficiencies were constantly ignored for 4/5 years but as soon as we get a new keeper and he makes a few mistakes the pitchforks are out. Some of you would rather you be right than us have a good goalkeeper.

De Gea is still unemployed, by the way. Not a single club wants him.

nmm85

Played well aside from that mistake. Such a shame it came when it did and we crumbled after.

Devil81

That was a terrible mistake tonight, that said De Gea's time was done at United. Whether its Onana or another keeper over time it was still time to let go of a struggling keeper earning in excess of 300k a week.

evil_geko

Let's judge all our new players based on several games, because that makes most sense! :)

tomaldinho1

He is fantastic at that. He played some fantastic passes through the lines. He also played some great long passes out towards the left flank. He just can't concede goals like that first one. It ruins the game for us.
I guess, thankfully, it’s going to be quite easy to judge him. We’ll know if he’s going to make it here within a season I reckon. That was a bad error, we’ve seen all keepers make them, now we see how long until the next one.

Blood Mage

You have to be pretty fecking crap to make me miss De Gea after last season. Worrying start from him.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
He's only human, De Gea's time here was riddled with mistakes. The important bit is he steps up in future games. He just needs to settle and he will be fine.

Ludens the Red

It’s not his fault it’s the ever so clueless looking manager who signed him.
This isn’t bad luck, and it wasn’t a smart signing as someone argued repeatedly with me a few days ago.

You do not spend this amount on a keeper with the qualities and deficiencies he has with the way we play.

We are an open team who concede lots of chances. Onana is not a shot stopping keeper.

Onana however is good on the ball. Problem - we’re feckin shit on the ball. We can’t build from the back.

I don’t actually mind onana although if he carries on making mistakes every single game that’ll change but honestly such a stupid stupid ill thought out signing.

M Bison

Supports
York City
some crackers on the first page of this thread. An absolute calamity of a GK, May as well have kept Henderson if we were so desperate to get rid of DDG. Crisp packet hands.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Says more about our fans that De Gea's mistakes/deficiencies were constantly ignored for 4/5 years but as soon as we get a new keeper and he makes a few mistakes the pitchforks are out. Some of you would rather you be right than us have a good goalkeeper.

Yeah but our fans are a sentimental bunch. Some even wanted Welbeck, Cleverley, Andreas Periera back

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Grew into the game more but the 1st goal killed our confidence at the start.

Shit happens, move on.

Crashoutcassius

has been our worst starting keeper since bosnich i reckon. has time to turn it around and the defence / team has been so bad that it barely matters. hopefully he isn't costing us when the team eventually hits some form.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
I like him but he really needs to improve fast. His save percentage must be awful so far.

Alemar

Claimed or punched 4 crosses today. Terrible mistake for the first goal, but other goals were not on him

miked99

That interview was really impressive. Fair play to him for fronting up like that.

Awful night but hopefully this can be the start of the turnaround.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
This isn’t bad luck, and it wasn’t a smart signing as someone argued repeatedly with me a few days ago.

You do not spend this amount on a keeper with the qualities and deficiencies he has with the way we play.

We are an open team who concede lots of chances. Onana is not a shot stopping keeper.

Onana however is good on the ball. Problem - we’re feckin shit on the ball. We can’t build from the back.

I don’t actually mind onana although if he carries on making mistakes every single game that’ll change but honestly such a stupid stupid ill thought out signing.
He was outstanding for Inter in the champions league run to the final last year. There is no question at all over his shot stopping ability. He just needs to settle into the team and calm down abit. It will come in time.

M Bison

Supports
York City

it absolutely is his fault tonight, a Sunday league GK would have saved that goal.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
If this was City they’d dump him after a season and spend 80m on a replacement , we don’t have the luxury of screw ups though
Funny thing is, if this was City, he'd be totally fine cos he wouldn't barely have to make a save.

He is basically Ederson.

FlapR

Fair play to him for having the bollocks to want to come out and speak. He's made a couple of mistakes, but at the end of the day the defence in front of him have been all over the place.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
some crackers on the first page of this thread. An absolute calamity of a GK, May as well have kept Henderson if we were so desperate to get rid of DDG. Crisp packet hands.
You must be getting dizzy from all your victory laps over one of our players having a bad game if your answer is the bloke who's sat on Crystal Palace's bench.

M Bison

Supports
York City

you couldn’t be more wrong, I’d absolutely have loved him to have made that simple save tonight and us got a result. DDG had his faults of course and was heavily criticised when he made a mistake, as should onana be.

CoopersDream

The thing with Onana is that he is a good modern keeper. Great with his feet, decent shot-stopping. The issue isn't really with Onana, but with United. And it's pretty much the exact same issues that United had last season with de Gea in goal. It's just so easy for teams to pass through us, and it's exactly the same kind of goals we conceded last year. We need to be better defending out on the pitch, because no amount of good goalkeeping will save us when we are conceding chances of the quality we do consistently.

3KDré

Yeah but our fans are a sentimental bunch. Some even wanted Welbeck, Cleverley, Andreas Periera back
In my opinion, sentimentality is one of the things holding this club back. We are still waiting for a singular manager to save us like SAF did, rather than moving forward with the times and getting the appropriate structures in behind a coach.