View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Rhetorik

truly an abysmal performance, very worrying. Does he save anything?

youngrell

He made those shit passes at Inter too, but if you win that's overlooked. Today he cost us two of their goals. He cost us minimum 2-4 points in UCL so far.
Yes, everyone has one of those passes in them now and then, it was very annoying that he did it at that crucial time. So far, nowhere near good enough.

Siorac

Why is he so shite?

He used to be good for Inter, didn't he? Because based on his United performances so far, his true level looks like the Kazakh third division. And I'm only slightly exaggerating.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Insulting another member
All the GK experts blubbering crap about DDG deserve this clown.
I knew some brainless turd would try and make this argument.

a) DDG needed to be replaced
b) it shouldn’t have been hard to find an upgrade
c) we fecked up that simple task.

I mean, you don’t need to follow the club very closely to know that all three of these things can be true at once.

RedRocket9908

Where has this anti-Onana agenda come from? After the absolute liabilty we've had in goal for the last 3 or 4 seasons Onana is a refreshing change but is struggling because he is playing behind absolute dross like Lindelof, Maguire, and Evans.

Kopral Jono

Chap came in full of bravado and confidence. Now he’s seen just how heavy the pressure weighs at United he looks half the size. Still early days but already have to wonder if he’ll recover from this start.

That supposed confidence will be hanging by a thread every time he’s tested, likely resulting in more errors.

Nightmare.
He needs to be dropped for his own sanity. I could see things spiralling out of control if he continues playing on current form. It's a nightmare situation indeed for him and for us.

Bocca9978

Never gave De Gea 1 out of 10 on player ratings.
Well done Onana, you deserve it.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Get your shit together bro. Historical performances mean nothing here . The kind of falling to ground early has happened multiple times this season and it all resulted in goals. Forget about the mistakes as that can happen to anyone but the way he goes to ground so easily, is something that shouldn't happen in professional game.

Aretak

He didn't need to be replaced so urgently that the club needed to spunk £50m on a goalkeeper during a summer when everyone knew funds were going to be extremely tight. De Gea wasn't perfect, but he would have done for the short term until other areas of the squad in far worse shape had been addressed.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Where has this anti-Onana agenda come from? After the absolute liabilty we've had in goal for the last 3 or 4 seasons Onana is a refreshing change but is struggling because he is playing behind absolute dross like Lindelof, Maguire, and Evans.
He's not done himself any favours.

DSG

I knew some brainless turd would try and make this argument.

b) it shouldn’t have been hard to find an upgrade
c) we fecked up that simple task.

I mean, you don’t need to follow the club very closely to know that all three of these things can be true at once.
Agree with this. This isn’t either / or, it’s both. DDG wasn’t good enough, and Onana isn’t good enough. I think ETH needs to take responsibility for that feckup.

Tiber

His passing has no impact on the game and his actual goalkeeping skills are bang average.

What a signing

Gandalf

I can live with him being a not elite shot stopper but why is he constantly rooted to his line and so afraid to come and claim anything? Sometimes a player needs to play through their issues but at this point I do think he needs to sit out a few games and we can see what we have in Bayinidir.

phenry

I hate when the discussion on a player focuses on how much we payed for them but Christ almighty that was a waste. And now were stuck with him. Cause noone will want him. Well played Pep

Mercurial

Yes, everyone has one of those passes in them now and then, it was very annoying that he did it at that crucial time. So far, nowhere near good enough.
I'd argue doing that the way he did in UCL is beyond reckless and nonchalant.

mu4c_20le

He was supposed to be refreshing bit hasn't shown it. Why be blinkered to the truth? Imagine if city fans defended Claudio Bravo to the death

FerociousCorgis

Right now mentally just struggling. His shot stopping is so bad. Dude has no power to burst to get to the side. 1v1 he just sits in no man land and gives the shooter easy time to pick a corner.

sillwuka

You could see his technique was off and average shot stopping ability at Inter.
Many were warned in the thread but I guess we thought his ball playing skills would outweigh his weaknesses but it's not playing out like that.

His positioning is worse than Henderson's which I thought was bad enough..

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Towards the end, he was pumping high balls out to Garnacho. Why?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He didn't need to be replaced so urgently that the club needed to spunk £50m on a goalkeeper during a summer when everyone knew funds were going to be extremely tight. De Gea wasn't perfect, but he would have done for the short term until other areas of the squad in far worse shape had been addressed.
He absolutely needed to be replaced but yes, we obviously shouldn’t have spunked 50m quid on a worse keeper.

David Raya cost 30m quid. He’d have been a big upgrade on DDG (as proven by Spain pecking order) for just over half the price of Onana. DDG wasn’t a hard keeper to upgrade. It’s actually amazing we managed to feck that up.

Rossa

Alongside Dalot and Varane, at fault for the first. Stay on his line as he should and he saves that. Most good goalies save that.

Poor for the third. Goes down far too quickly.

Could have cost another goal with that butter finger attempt at the low cross.

Cost us the match with that pass that forced Casemiro to commit.

Rubbish passing.

Another goalie and we win comfortably

Kopral Jono

No agenda against him whatsoever. Being at fault for arguably ALL of Galatasaray's goals tonight and Bayern's first a fortnight ago is a cause for great concern no matter how you look at it.

PSV

Well why did we buy him? Or, specifically, why did Ten Hag buy him?
Because he fit the bill of being a previous Ten Hag player, which is more important than being a good footballer.

Quite a few of us warned against it.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
His. Contract. Was. Up.

There was no short-term solution with him. It was either replace or re-sign for four years.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Intrigued to see what he'd be like with a team that can defend properly in front of him, but he's doesn't have the reliability of a keeper that can do without that.

Rossa

He absolutely needed to be replaced but yes, we obviously shouldn’t have spunked 50m quid on a worse keeper.

David Raya cost 30m quid. He’d have been a big upgrade on DDG (as proven by Spain pecking order) for just over half the price of Onana. DDG wasn’t a hard keeper to upgrade. It’s actually amazing we managed to feck that up.
Impressive, most impressive. Also, Ddg most likely, even in retirement, would most likely save goals number one and three.

Bole Top

has it ever happened before that we spent so much to replace a certain player, only to realize after a few games that even the replacement will need replacing soon?