André Onana | signed for United | On a flight to NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidmichael

I think VDB would do far better in Serie A as the game is so much slower in Italy so there’s a lot more time on the ball, maybe offer Inter something like £30 million plus VDB for Onana as VDB is worth £15-£20 million.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
45m asking price, if true, this deal should be happening asap to just get it sorted.

We should basically be looking at roughly 50m for each of GK, CF and CM. So if we can get somebody to fall within that who is arguably the elite option out there, you jump at it.

Stadjer

Pretty sure he will gift some goals away because he will be out of his goal and near the middle of the pitch or because he loses the ball trying to outplay an attacker. Allison and Ederson do that too sometimes and its not like de Gea doesnt gift goals to opponent in his own way.

It will be fun with this mad goalkeeper though :lol:

PAZZA20

Sorry if this has already been mentioned...

Was there a reason that ten hag didn't bring him in on a free last summer? Had he already agreed terms with inter or something??

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
And hide them from Onana.
Winner. Anyways, if you lot find this scary imagine how it was for us actually experiencing it? However that was in his early days. He did it later at Ajax as well but by then it was always functional and fun to watch.

Red_toad

Seeing media stuff where him & Pickford are both potentially available for 45 million, I see no aspect of his game where Pickford is a better option, apart from being homegrown.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
If there is anything in the price, you have to get it done before 30/06.

After that De Gea is unattached and the price skyrockets for every keeper in the world for us.

Nothing has changed at United. Different faces, same old routine.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
If there is anything in the price, you have to get it done before 30/06.

After that De Gea is unattached and the price skyrockets for every keeper in the world for us.

Nothing has changed at United. Different faces, same old routine.
So do they though, they need money before 30/06 for FFP reasons.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
So do they though, they need money before 30/06 for FFP reasons.
Yup, we just bought Tahirović from AS Roma for 7,5 million because Roma needs money as well fast. 30 million before July first to be exact.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yup, we just bought Tahirović from AS Roma for 7,5 million because Roma needs money as well fast. 30 million before July first to be exact.
It's going to be an interesting time for the market with some of these clubs that need to raise funds, for sure.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
It's going to be an interesting time for the market with some of these clubs that need to raise funds, for sure.
Mourinho had high praise for him so it could be the bargain of the century. No way without that FFP ruling we could have bought him for such an amount. 45 for Onana is a steal as well.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Mourinho had high praise for him so it could be the bargain of the century. No way without that FFP ruling we could have bought him for such an amount. 45 for Onana is a steal as well.
I have to say I hadn't heard much about him prior to the move. I think this is going to be the case for a few more transfers in the near future. If it proves to be that, for sure. Especially if he comes to United, as it's a player Ten Hag knows personally and the system he's looking to implement. You don't usually get that, plus proven quality at the top level, alongside a reasonable price.

hobbers

Mount. Why are you even bringing him into this discussion?
Because this window is clearly all about prioritising.

And if De Gea is a week away from leaving a new top class goalkeeper is obviously the number 1 priority. Not allocating half the current budget on Mason Mount.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
I have to say I hadn't heard much about him prior to the move. I think this is going to be the case for a few more transfers in the near future. If it proves to be that, for sure. Especially if he comes to United, as it's a player Ten Hag knows personally and the system he's looking to implement. You don't usually get that, plus proven quality at the top level, alongside a reasonable price.
Just keep him away from medicin cabinets.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Di Marzio saying that Inter will look to sign the keeper from Empoli (Vicario) as a replacement.

Pintu

Sorry if this has already been mentioned...

Was there a reason that ten hag didn't bring him in on a free last summer? Had he already agreed terms with inter or something??
He had his medical and signed for Inter in January 2022...

arthurka

50m is too much when he was available for free few months ago.
You know he was there stand out keeper in the CL this season and is under a contract with Inter, we didn't take a chance on him so again we are not good in this market game.

atkar83

I've never seen him play so I figured I'd look at some videos, this one is interesting...definitely not what you'd ever see De Gea do...

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Pay the £45m instead of cost cutting
We’ll lose out because we’ll try to wheel and deal in slow motion. Everything we do comes across as sluggish and ponderous and this summer has started no different. Last summer we got all those players in but again we left it late giving everyone else a head start.

He sounds like the perfect keeper to elevate us.

Farmershawn

videos of him are mostly coming out of his box. but how is his long passing and catching ?

atkar83

It’s not. A GK with great distribution is vital for us to impose ourselves on and dominate teams.
His ability on the ball would help us when we're behind late in games also, as it would shorten the field with the CBs not having to drift so far back to get possession on clearences. He seems very comfortable with the ball at his feet even at the mid way line

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Can't wait for the cafe to lable him as stupid when he's cut out on the half way line... :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.