André Onana | signed for United | On a flight to NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oranges038

O NA NA NANNNANA
O NA NA NANANANA NANANA NA AHH, DEGEAAA NA AH AH ONANA AH AH

TO GA LI NO DE GEA NO TO DE GEA NI NAH LO MAH NI KAH ONANO DE GEA NA NA NA NANANANA

YO ONANO HU LA NA NO NO TU OH NANANA LIKE A MANNNOOO GOALAMOO
NANANA NA NA NANANANA NA NA NA NANANANA
DEGEA NO OOOOOOO

O NA NA NA NANANANAAAAA

To the tune of this pos I had the joy of watching again recently.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Averaged 0 sprints and 0.5km distance covered per 90 minutes last season.

Is this the kind of keeper we want standing in our goal!!??
Also 0 goals, most probably 0 tackles won too. Can't believe we are wasting 50 million Euros on this shit player.

Zed 101

O NA NA NANNNANA

TO GA LI NO DE GEA NO TO DE GEA NI NAH LO MAH NI KAH ONANO DE GEA NA NA NA NANANANA

DEGEA NO OOOOOOO

O NA NA NA NANANANAAAAA

So Barbara Ann by the Beach Boys or did you think this was a Minions original track?

Stinkypete

Ten Hag was confirmed manager in April 2022 and started preparations early after Ajax won the league. Onana signed for Inter in July 2022?
The agreement between Onana and Inter was confirmed in the press as early as the 21st November, 1 day before Ole was sacked.

zaafi

O NA NA NANNNANA

DEGEA NO OOOOOOO

O NA NA NA NANANANAAAAA

What in the swahili floating furnitures is going on here

criticalanalysis

Here we go is such a basic statement, how come it becomes so popular? it's like you saying good morning that's not special at all because let's be honest it's most likely a shite morning anyway.
That's rude. He's paying homage to his ancestors.

Hoof the ball

So you’re saying he’s scored no goals?
Can’t believe we’re spending this amount on a non goal scoring goalkeeper, what are we thinking?
He's meant to be great with his feet, but he doesn't take penalties; he doesn't take free-kicks and he doesn't take corners. So, how great can he possibly be?

Apparently he's a good sweeper too, which is relief tbh. Have you seen the state of the floors in the stadium? Yikes.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
He’d already agreed with Inter before ETH agreed to become our manager, as widely reported by Sky Italy in December 2021.

Next up: AFCON
We couldn’t have signed him last summer, he agreed to join Inter months before that.
Even in his thread it’s nothing but posters saying they don’t want him up until Chelsea were linked with him last month so I don’t know where these many people are
Why couldn't Utd have signed him at the time Inter did? Obviously the ETH link is a boost but he didn't need to be the manager for the powers that be to make a decision that they needed a new GK, something that was pretty evident for a while.

pacifictheme

Why couldn't Utd have signed him at the time Inter did? Obviously the ETH link is a boost but he didn't need to be the manager for the powers that be to make a decision that they needed a new GK, something that was pretty evident for a while.
Because we already had a keeper with a massive contract.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Because we already had a keeper with a massive contract.
Which illustrates my point entirely about Utd's forward planning. Had a year left on his deal and was playing terribly. Yet they left themselves in a position where they felt forced to play him.

Should have made the hard decision then and told him it was over and he wasn't going to be #1. Not like it could have gone much worse than the utterly clueless approach to negotiating his contact this summer...

Who watched him regulary? Based on highlights only (so i am probably wrong) i noticed that he is not a goalkeeper who comes out on crosses. Also he does parry shots a lot (instead catching the ball).

Am i wrong?
He does parry. But he claims 5x as many crosses as De Gea statistically.

Stinkypete

Which illustrates my point entirely about Utd's forward planning. Had a year left on his deal and was playing terribly. Yet they left themselves in a position where they felt forced to play him.

Should have made the hard decision then and told him it was over and he wasn't going to be #1. Not like it could have gone much worse than the utterly clueless approach to negotiating his contact this summer...
To be fair to the club, De Gea's worst seasons stat wise fall on the same seasons that the squad downed tools for both Mourinho and Ole. The seasons around then and including this season have carried his best clean sheet seasons in consideration of league positions etc.

He wasn't a modern Sweeping Keeper, and the club should have acknowledged that sooner if it were the direction the club had to go (Ole said as such, and it was reportedly Murtoughs primary vision for the club) that we play progressive football on the front foot, however just as Erik thought last season, the keeper we had was solid enough to allow time to fill the other gaping holes in the squad. Onana making himself available and his rise back from the ban have sped that process along and opportunistically it has coincided with De Gea's contract expiring.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

I'm sure there would have been no issues having a player who is well liked in the dressing room stinking the place up because he's no longer #1, alongside a certain Ronaldo who was complaining every single second about anything he could. All at a time when nobody knew who was going to be the next full time manager and team morale was already low as feck.

But, yes, let's sign a keeper who was still relatively unproven to replace de Gea simply because hindsight shows that he did end up having a decent full season at Inter and a great CL campaign.

Because he’d already agreed with Inter as per all Sky Italy sources in December 2021 ffs, 5 months before ETH became our manager. How many times does this need explaining?

Gandalf

One of these things is not like the other.

In 2022 we were stuck with his enormous salary and no way to move him and so signing another keeper on big wages was a non starter
In 2023 his contract expired freeing up 375K a week, that alone provided the budget for his replacement

Idxomer

Well, there were two keepers at the club on almost 500k/week combined. The club with Ole and Rangnick afterwards didn't see the need for a new keeper when they had those two already.

Status
Not open for further replies.