Andre Marriner

Conor

Yeah he did, video is disingenuous, but was a small nip and still a slightly harsh freekick, that felt like it was given purely because narrative.
I think it was given as he played advantage and we ended up with a very dangerous counterattack situation, if we'd gone on to score there would have been uproar from Palace.

Quite soft, but not the unbelievable outrage everyone seems to be suggesting.

HookedOnAPhelan

Less time was added during our 0-0 draw against Newcastle. These people are not just incompetent, they're corrupt.

DownRiver

it is a bit weird how the premier league allows players from around the world to play, yet only includes English referees for premier league matches; not only does this mean we have fewer referees of quality, the referees will be biased towards English-speaking players.

The rules need to change.

Fitchett

He was absolutely shocking today. But then, he always is. Remember him disallowing Maguire's headed goal at Burnley two years ago.

The whole Premier League is a corrupt crock of sh*t. It has as much sporting fairness as WWE. The referees are clearly given a narrative before each match as to which team to favour and to artificially create as much drama as possible.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Which means? They aren't full pros? This must be changed.
NFL officials all have careers & do officiating as a side gig.

I was just talking today with someone about making NFL officials younger & full time professionals, that the play of the modern NFL basically demands it.

Godfather

I was just talking today with someone about making NFL officials younger & full time professionals, that the play of the modern NFL basically demands it.
I agree and same should go for football.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

There are some shocking decisions in the NFL as well, but their officials never seem to come off as badly as the clowns and cowards in the PL often do to me.

Maybe it helps that someone like Gene Steratore on NFL broadcasts seems like Einstein in comparison to Peter Walton or whatever ex-ref they wheel out on TV attempting to justify the awful decision that's just happened.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Refs have been extra bad for us since the City match. They obviously don’t think things have evened themselves out yet.

Okey

I just need him to explain that Sabitzer foul when Rashford was about to run through. For the love of everything holy. I nearly screamed my head off. Poor Sabitzer looked confused.

Okey

In the stadium it felt like he was just guessing most of the time
A couple of times he didn't whistle, then seemed to respond to the crowd and blow eventually. Utter incompetence. You're either calling a foul or you're not!

BlueHaze

Not enough people bumping the thread to call him a daft dickhead.

Always hated this jackass.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

This was the same ref who booked Evra for dissent after he complained he had just been racially abused by Suarez. Still (badly) reffing PL games over a decade later.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Sometimes refs having a look at VAR for a long time and still end up making unfair decisions.
What is the point of it. It's a fecking replay not someone telling you what they saw. The huge screen captures everything, if Casemiro was sent off other players must have at least gotten a yellow card.
But Casemiro was all he saw when watching that replay, forgetting all contexts (who started it, how it started) which I believe was one of the reasons why VAR got invented in the first place. Ridiculous.
Just remove VAR really if these incompetent refs can't be bothered to use it to it's maximum potential. I'm sure without VAR the linesman would have told him 'Casemiro hold A by the neck' as it was the easiest thing to notice, then the outcome would be the same with or without VAR.

Last edited:

ShinjiNinja26

It’s absolutely mind boggling that the supposed biggest and best league in the world has jokers like this plodding around the pitch masquerading as competent officials. The PL should be setting the standards for refereeing not dragging them down.

Blood Mage

Worst ref in the league. I dread every game of ours he officiates.

We need more female referees if clowns like Marriner are the best male refs the FA can find.

York

I think it was given as he played advantage and we ended up with a very dangerous counterattack situation, if we'd gone on to score there would have been uproar from Palace.

Quite soft, but not the unbelievable outrage everyone seems to be suggesting.
Incorrect. No signal for advantage was given.

York

Sometimes refs having a look at VAR for a long time and still end up making unfair decisions.
What is the point of it. It's a fecking replay not someone telling you what they saw. The huge screen captures everything, if Casemiro was sent off other players must have at least gotten a yellow card.
But Casemiro was all he saw when watching that replay, forgetting all contexts (who started it, how it started) which I believe was one of the reasons why VAR got invented in the first place. Ridiculous.
Just remove VAR really if these incompetent refs can't be bothered to use it to it's maximum potential. I'm sure without VAR the linesman would have told him 'Casemiro hold A by the neck' as it was the easiest thing to notice, then the outcome would be the same with or without VAR.
Exactly. And the fact he was watching in slow motion and not regular speed makes skews his perception. He should watch in regular speed only or both, not just slow motion.

Anustart89

Exactly. And the fact he was watching in slow motion and not regular speed makes skews his perception. He should watch in regular speed only or both, not just slow motion.
Yeah, it's weird that they can spend three minutes watching replays, but by the time they send the referee over they must only show four seconds of footage to avoid wasting time with the VAR process, which can easily skew one's perception of an incident, like today.

I won't hold the Casemiro red card against Marriner today, because he was shafted by his VAR. There were multiple other dodgy calls during the game though that are more than enough to criticise him for though, for example ignoring a blatant handball in the box and causing a head injury to a player by elbowing him and then very reluctantly stopping play after initially letting the other team go on a dangerous attack.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I've always found it odd that VAR often only show the ref slow motion replays on repeat. They may as well add dramatic music to it whilst they're at it.

York

I've always found it odd that VAR often only show the ref slow motion replays on repeat. They may as well add dramatic music to it whilst they're at it.
:lol:

Right. Slow motion is a tool, but the way it's used in VAR is leading the referee's decision. It needs to evolve (regular speed and slow motion).

NLunited

Time to retire. Was standing around when players were in each other‘s faces instead of intervening.

Sends off Casa even though Casa and Hughes were hugging after the alleged throttling.

Does not send off Ajew for worse.

Wacked Bruno but did not stop play.

Blows for foul by Sabitzer, who won the ball cleanly and sent Rashy through on goal.

Adds 90 more seconds to xtra time for no reason.

kaku06

Vulgarian
I’m fecking fuming with this bellend and his cronies in VAR booth. Time like these I wish I had power of invisibility.

fallengt

Sabitzer's challenge was perfect. How on earth that was a foul?
The twat probably didn't want to run back from a potential counter attack so he blew whistle.

Kopral Jono

If the World Cup added time rules are applied consistently in the domestic game I wouldn't have said anything about the seven added minutes last night, but they aren't so the seven minutes came out of Marriner's backside. The Sabitzer foul was another thing that came right out of his backside.

At this stage surely they're all just making things up.

RedDevilQuebecois

Sabitzer's challenge was perfect. How on earth that was a foul?
The twat probably didn't want to run back from a potential counter attack so he blew whistle.
Marriner was trying to feck us. Calling a foul on Sabitzer's perfect challenge should be a sackable offense on top of the fact that he didn't stop the play after whacking Bruno right in the face. I just can't wait until he gets forced into retirement.

If Andre Marriner was a WWE wrestler, he would be the first guy I'd throw a low blow at for every presence.

Robbie Boy

Someone should make a play, or a movie, about Sabitzer's awesome tackle, that was somehow called as a foul.

SER19

Time to retire. Was standing around when players were in each other‘s faces instead of intervening.

Sends off Casa even though Casa and Hughes were hugging after the alleged throttling.

Does not send off Ajew for worse.

Wacked Bruno but did not stop play.

Blows for foul by Sabitzer, who won the ball cleanly and sent Rashy through on goal.

Adds 90 more seconds to xtra time for no reason
He always got in the way of a Palace pass on edge of our box, from a good 15 yards away. He was absolutely dreadful