Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waynne

Runs all day but there is nothing else.
If your only good quality to your game is pressing, for a team like Man United then there are big problems.
I was fuming when he run and then shoot from way outside the box in the 2nd half. Like why not hold onto possession until teammates are available in better areas than waste possession like that by aimlessly shooting from like 30 yards and hoping it goes in?
On top of his horrible first touches and constantly losing the ball make me question Ole as a manager.
What exactly are we aspiring to with players like Lingaard and Pareira ?

Red_toad

Jose also deemed De Bruyne and Salah not good enough.
At the time they were not as good as the players ahead of them. Are you implying we keep Andreas for another 10 years to see if he develops further?

He was the must be included youngster a few seasons ago on the Caf, he's obviously not the player that was predicted. He looks very much a player who shouldn't be getting regular games at a top 8 club. Unless he bangs a screamer in, he offers very very little with his all round play other than running a lot.

Walters_19_MuFc

At the time they were not as good as the players ahead of them. Are you implying we keep Andreas for another 10 years to see if he develops further?

He was the must be included youngster a few seasons ago on the Caf, he's obviously not the player that was predicted. He looks very much a player who shouldn't be getting regular games at a top 8 club. Unless he bangs a screamer in, he offers very very little with his all round play other than running a lot.
I'm simply implying that Jose deeming him good enough means nothing.

Do I think Pereira's good enough? No, but theres players who played under Jose I also didnt think were good enough.

Managers will always have their preference. Its the reason our squad is so imbalanced. We've had four managers in the last six years, who have had complete different ideologies.

kundalini

He does some good things each match but he also gets dispossessed and gives away possession carelessly, far more often than you'd expect in that role. Poor touch from Fred's pass, just before Dan James' wild shot.

Good free-kick that required a decent save from Schmeichel. His other two shots weren't so impressive.

I guess for a match in which we took the lead early on and then restricted Leicester to limited opportunities, that type of hard-working performance is ok.

For me, it's still too early to make an assessment on Andreas. Clearly he needs to improve but it would hardly be a surprise if he did adapt to the PL eventually.

Sylar

I prefer him as a 10 or 8.
:lol: Thats an issue then isnt it? I seriously dont know what his best position should be. It shouldnt be one or another.

Didnt he speak about being a number 6 as well? (actually thought he had a good game last season to begin it than was dropped when Matic was fit).

Ace of Spades

He was decent I thought, good hustle if not quality, but yeah, nothing to get too upset about
Yeah, don't think he is good on the right, lacks the pace to play that role, and we don't have the type of strikers that he can put crosses in to from wide, none of Rashford or Martial look to attack the ball when the crosses are played. Probably just give him a chance in the middle, think he could be a decent option.

I think I prefer him ahead of Mata and Lingard, just about.

Himannv

Couple of good moments but you can tell he doesn't have the quality we need in this position. He's better more centrally but I think there are much better options out there who will improve us.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
If Ole's still not sure where to use him best, what's the point of keeping him.

He'll start performing on high level or we need to simply offload another pointless player.

Raven

I actually thought he was decent today, he seems to take his eye off the ball in important situations though, which annoys the hell out of me. If he can just sharpen up, he'll be a good player.

kiristao

Didn't have the best game. Was dispossed far too easily far too often. Works hard but as a RW, ability to not lose the ball and create chances are more important than all running around.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
What is his best position?
Number 10 for sure. Whatever position he plays in though, he's nowhere close to being good enough for a top club. Don't think he'd stand out much at relegation fodder, so it doesn't matter so much if he's best as a #10.

Ekeke

If you dont appreciate this side of the game, you probably won't be giving him much credit today. But he won joint 2nd amount of tackles on the pitch behind Ndidi with 5.

4 for Andreas, Maddison, Choudhury and Ricardo

The ball winning was done as a 3 man job today between McTominay, Pereira and Matic

fps

That’s the million dollar question. No one seems to know.

I thought he was again nothing special at all today. Wish Angel Gomes got his minutes
Angel Gomes is utterly untried, and there is a clear and obvious danger he will be bypassed and brushed off in a defensive sense all match due to his stature. Pereira is clearly not a long-term first teamer, but he does have an engine and he does run and press hard, so he fits that aspect of Solskjaer's demands - that every player runs and harries. Gomes' development needs to be handled carefully.

Canagel

If you dont appreciate this side of the game, you probably won't be giving him much credit today. But he won joint 2nd amount of tackles on the pitch behind Ndidi with 5.

4 for Andreas, Maddison, Choudhury and Ricardo

The ball winning was done as a 3 man job today between McTominay, Pereira and Matic
This is rubbish. Attacking minded player should be judged on attacking output. He did nothing once again.

Kostov

He's got talent but you can't play for Manchester United and show a glimpse here and there and be passenger for most of the game. Well unless you are Lingard. On a more serious note I think he can be better at number 10 but I don't think that much better to play regularly. Maddison today for example, great player that is.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
He looked better when Fred and Chong came on but then the whole team did.

He has hardly any pace, no creative passing and cannot control a football so he loses it so, so often.

But he's tenacious so he's okay for pressing.

Very strange player to work out what he's actually good at.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Playing him together with Mata and Matic is just brainless. Zero speed in that midfield at all.

You can get away with 1 of them not being able to run but as soon as we get boxed in they can't escape.

He had a few moments in the first half but was horrible after 60 minutes, did that nice little pirouette but I was surprised not to see him get subbed personally.

I don't see what he gives us that Gomes/Chong couldn't.

Champagne Football

He's probably only getting game time based on his worldie against PSG last year. Maybe Ole secretly hopes he will eventually repeat that if he keeps playing him.

Thiagoal

Might as well play Axel or Jones at RM if running and tackling is Oles primary skill set required for the position! He adds the square route of F All to our team which is already severely lacking in the attacking department

Devil may care

To me his performance wa similar to McTomnay's in that he was good off the ball and worked hs socks off, but wasn't great on the ball.

-Supreme-

To be fair to Pereira he's being asked to play on the wing which clearly isn't comfortable there

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
To me his performance wa similar to McTomnay's in that he was good off the ball and worked hs socks off, but wasn't great on the ball.
He was way worse than McT on the ball. Far too many heavy touches, struggled with interlinking too.

As someone else mentioned, a right wing role isn't suited to him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He looked better when Fred and Chong came on but then the whole team did.

He has hardly any pace, no creative passing and cannot control a football so he loses it so, so often.

But he's tenacious so he's okay for pressing.

Very strange player to work out what he's actually good at.
Taking set pieces

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
I only turned the game on at minute 50 but I thought he looked our best player? Maybe I need to rewatch it? Specially because he was first touching in direction to the goal, instead of the other zombies who need to control the ball before thinking.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I can't understand how people endure Lingard to a degree, then watches Pereira have a game like this and conclude that he didn't do anything. From our forwards he had the best game overall, he was certainly a lot more active than Lingard have been the last year. Only James had a better game offensively from the forwards. Both Rashford and Mata struggled while our right side was mostly decent. He did a lot of important defensive work, which allowed Rashford and James to rest a bit up top, sadly they didn't do much.

I don't think he is really good or anything and he hasn't shown much if anything offensively this season, but this was a good game for him. If he some day can combine a performance like this, with more of his silky side to add then that would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.