5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

He'sRaldo

Played a good game today yet again, lovely assist and neat passes and touches.

Might very well be one who needs to get used to the tempo of the league to start delivering good performances, similar to Fred; the baseline of technique and hard work is there. Just needs to improve decision making.

Thought he was one of our best today. Touch and decision making were unusually good. Helped a lot to have him receive those balls from Young on the half turn when Burnley were pressing. Still should be nothing more than a squad player, but if we're going to play with a 10 (that's not Pogba), I'd pick Andreas any day over Mata or Lingard.

Also, he has the same amount of PL assists as Maddison now :lol:

dev1l

Another player who improved a lot. Still not the finished article though.

Jonno

He’s improving with every game. He is incredibly limited in many departments but what you can’t question is his loyalty and determination to play for United and for Ole.

Great moment in the first goal. On paper, he shouldn’t be starting at Turf Moor, he is like a lamb to the slaughter, but he was good tonight.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Credit it's due. This game & the Liverpool game are his equally good performance imo. Well, there you have it, he has much more good/decent games than Lingard this season in total, and I think this should give us clear view who should leave the club for our new no 10 that we are going to sign in the summer (which I assume we should be aiming one).

Cathy Ferguson

Both Fred and Pereira are improving and played very well tonight. But if we are to challange Pool in the coming years we need a world class no10 who can score 5-10 goals a season. I doubt Pereira can reach those heights.

Kostov

He goes around having good moments where he contributes to the attack, then he does some brain dead things that make me want to break my TV.

Based Adnan

He has played 8 games at number 10 this season with most of those being less than 90 minutes.

Far too many judge him on his performances deeper in midfield or on the right wing earlier on in the season. He's not bad as a 10 and is our best option there until we bring someone else in.

kundalini

Deserves a lot of credit for Martial's goal, worked hard to put Taylor under pressure, forcing the error, then a super pass to send Martial through on goal.

Several other good moments: a through pass to Martial for a big chance that the keeper saved with his feet. Another two key passes. Also linked well with Dan James.

Still guilty of taking too many touches from time to time.

RedIan

Improved considerably the last 2 games, seems to have found some self belief and a few tricks coming out of him. Pressing well and made a couple fo good assists. I had written him off but maybe now he is ok as a back up.

Manny

Grammar Police
His passing range, link up play and intent is better than Lingard's.

redshaw

Another decent game of sorts. I like his trickery and better than the other options overall.

dev1l

He has played 8 games at number 10 this season with most of those being less than 90 minutes.

Far too many judge him on his performances deeper in midfield or on the right wing earlier on in the season. He's not bad as a 10 and is our best option there until we bring someone else in.
He does a lot of work which doesn't get noticed...pressing. tbf today he did get noticed because he got an assist after pressing.
He s far from finished article, but if he optimises his decision making - something which can be done - He ll become an important squad member

SteveW

I'm kind of shocked by how much himself and Fred have improved this season. Credit to Ole and the coaches.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Fred actually got better. First half he was on the ball less than Matic and didnt win the ball, ended the 2nd half having made the most passes in the team and occasionally winning the ball
I thought both Fred and Pereira did well in possession first half, in the second half Fred improved only towards the end after the subs were made. Before that I thought he gave it away cheaply a few times.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Does anyone know where I could find an all-touches compilation of his last 2 games? Felt like there were a lot of small touches that could have been missed during the game.

DoomSlayer

Very good game, his performances are becoming a lot more steady. I don't think Pereira can ever be a top class number 10, but he could be a very effective squad player with his work-rate and determination. His ability on the ball is a lot better than Lingard, which helps the team when trying to break down teams like Burnley.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I still think he's crap but credit where it's due, unlike the clown he's getting the numbers and his pressing isn't mindless running to the oppo keeper.

Utdstar01

Probably thought he was getting tired after playing 2 games in a short amount of time and being our player who makes the most sprints per game.
Potentially yeah. Surely Greenwood would've been a more effective sub. Ole protecting Greenwood getting smashed by those brutes potentially?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Potentially yeah. Surely Greenwood would've been a more effective sub. Ole protecting Greenwood getting smashed by those brutes potentially?
I’m guessing he has plans to involve him against arsenal.

Utdstar01

Never been a question of ability with Andreas. He has that in abundance but it's whether he can knit it all together. Can be frustrating but very good. Could be a late developer.

Welbeckham

I don’t think he’s good enough, but that was one of his better performances. A wonderful assist if nothing spectacular otherwise.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Still some time left of the season, but I think it is safe to say where others have proved themselves less than useful to the team, this guy has at the least put in a claim to stay at the club as a sub for the foreseeable future. He is quite useful squad option when you consider that he can play almost every position expect as a defender or striker obviously.

Still have doubts about him, but love his enthusiasm and persistence. He has the quality on the ball too, so he only needs to get his head up. He is only a year younger than Martial so he could even be a late developer. Lingard and Mata, sorry guys. One backup around that level will suffice and Pereira should get the nod surely.

CM

Had a very good game today to be fair to him. There might be some hope for him as a squad player.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Still some time left of the season, but I think it is safe to say where others have proved themselves less than useful to the team, this guy has at the least put in a claim to stay at the club as a sub for the foreseeable future. He is quite useful squad option when you consider that he can play almost every position expect as a defender or striker obviously.

Still have doubts about him, but love his enthusiasm and persistence. He has the quality on the ball too, so he only needs to get his head up. He is only a year younger than Martial so he could even be a late developer. Lingard and Mata, sorry guys. One backup around that level will suffice and Pereira should get the nod surely.
Spot on

Raven

Yep. Gave it as good as he got. Quite good at shithousing as well and avoiding yellows. Nice little barge on Taylor that he avoided a yellow for
He's an ideal squad player, relishes the scrappy side of the game and is capable of moments of quality.

crossy1686

career ending
I can’t really fault his work ethic or the fact he seems to give his absolute all every time he plays. He’s proved himself as a good squad option and deserves to get another season at the club regardless, there are other players who deserve to go before he does.
The only concern I have with him is that he seems to need a run of games, like Fred, to get up to scratch and play well. If he can improve his game when he comes in cold then he’s 100% a great squad option.

KennyBurner

He has more assists in the league than Maddison who is an upgrade. He had an okay game to me. Other than that magnificent pass he did screw up a few easy passes. I’m not yet fully convinced that he’s worth it. Will need a lot more consistent games before I’m convinced. However I can confirm he is much better than lingard for whatever that’s worth.

Bondi77

I thought he did well again and I love his attitude.
It would be great to see him get a level of consistency and a goal or two would be nice.

POF

In Ole's system, he needs a hard working number 10 and Andreas can certainly do that. He's really tenacious and he's a superb striker of the ball. His delivery is generally excellent.

His 2 major flaws remain his decision making and his requirement to always take an extra touch. It leads to him being caught in possession so often when an early release would open play up.

He played well at Burnley and I would be surprised if he doesn't start at Arsenal.

He's a good squad option but he certainly isn't good enough as a long term first team regular.

criticalanalysis

Does anyone know where I could find an all-touches compilation of his last 2 games? Felt like there were a lot of small touches that could have been missed during the game.
He had a lot of very silky, classy technical touches in tight areas very deserving of a second watch but to be honest he's always had these. His ball manipulation like Fred is very Brazillian futsal style.

It's just finding that consistency and execution. Like today that assist to Martial was inch perfect but then later in the game, he messed up some easy passes.

Surely with more game time, he will find himself a useful squad player. Many of us said that last year that he should be taking Lingard's minutes and hopefully this is finally being put into action now.

Status
Not open for further replies.