Andy "Big Baby" Robertson

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Prime example of Sky's hard on for a narrative, the linesman shrugged Robertson off and they act like he tried to kill him.

Nero

The only crime was that it didn't put him to sleep.

FriedClams

And unfortunately the more it happens the less there are people who want to become refs. Meaning the quality isn't going to get better any time soon.
There will always be people wanting to become referees, just like people will always want to become police officers.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Keane thinks anyone is a big baby to be fair.

Bangor_Red

Already know nothing will happen to Robertson. Why does he need to grab linesman at half time? Yet it'll be ignored as usual as Robertson and Henderson get away with whatever every game

Oranges038

Already know nothing will happen to Robertson. Why does he need to grab linesman at half time? Yet it'll be ignored as usual as Robertson and Henderson get away with whatever every game
Henderson was badgering the ref all game.

Roberston goes to grab the linesman and he puts his arm out to shrug him off. To me it's pretty much the same as the Bruno one a while back.

humdinger

Robertson had no business to be approaching the linesman and grabbing his arm. It’s completely understandable that the linesman pulled his arm back.

When you consider what an overly aggressive, rancid little shitc**t he is, his approach clearly wouldn’t have been done in a pleasant or conversational manner. The fact he immediately tried to spin it so that he was the innocent party despite instigating the situation is laughable.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Does Robertson touch the ref first? I haven’t seen any footage that shows conclusively if he did or not. It looks more like the ref just decides to plant one on him for no reason, which is obviously fecking mad :lol:

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Oh man that was so funny on Sky just now. Whole studio was in stitches.

"Baby" :lol::lol:

Video of that someone please!

Pickle85

Robertson really is a total tw#t. Gives it the big un but whenever anyone gives him some back he absolutely shrinks. Pathetic.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Technically, he's right
Hes not. The ref acted out and Robertson called it out.

It's hilarious and babyish in agreement when it's a Liverpool fan, but if it happened to Shaw or Dalot or whoever we'd be having a hissy fit about it.

Keane will still call it baby like though. That's his role, he's the hard man that doesn't give a shit. It doesn't make him right.

Pickle85

Hes not. The ref acted out and Robertson called it out.

It's hilarious and babyish in agreement when it's a Liverpool fan, but if it happened to Shaw or Dalot or whoever we'd be having a hissy fit about it.

Keane will still call it baby like though. That's his role, he's the hard man that doesn't give a shit. It doesn't make him right.
Wasn't it the linesman? Either way, you can't just go up and grab someone. Someone comes up and grabs your arm would you not also push them away? Or is he protected because he's a player?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Wasn't it the linesman? Either way, you can't just go up and grab someone. Someone comes up and grabs your arm would you not also push them away? Or is he protected because he's a player?
"go up and grab someone" is a bit much. He definitely put his hands on his arms but grab is stretching, and even if he did do that, the ref didn't push him away. The ref aimed out his elbow and went upwards with sharp force. He knew what he was doing and needs to be investigated for it.

Halftrack

"go up and grab someone" is a bit much. He definitely put his hands on his arms but grab is stretching, and even if he did do that, the ref didn't push him away. The ref aimed out his elbow and went upwards with sharp force. He knew what he was doing and needs to be investigated for it.
Jeez, the ref "aimed out his elbow and went upwards with sharp force" about as much as Robertson grabbed him. It's looks like a fairly standard annoyed "get your fecking hands off me" jerk of the arm.

zaafi

Someone had to do it. I bet even that wanker's parents have been wanting to do that forever.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Go up to any bloke in the street and grab their arm and see what happens.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Jeez, the ref "aimed out his elbow and went upwards with sharp force" about as much as Robertson grabbed him. It's looks like a fairly standard annoyed "get your fecking hands off me" jerk of the arm.
If you want to micro analyze it then it's still the same case. Robertson did little to warrant the excessive force from the ref.

The idea that it was just a shrug is absolute nonsense. Flinging the arm away is normal. Going to elbow the face isn't.

If this happened to one of our players we'd have posters crying out for a jail sentence :lol:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
If you want to micro analyze it then it's still the same case. Robertson did little to warrant the excessive force from the ref.

The idea that it was just a shrug is absolute nonsense. Flinging the arm away is normal. Going to elbow the face isn't.

If this happened to one of our players we'd have posters crying out for a jail sentence :lol:
That’s what he did.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That’s what he did.
No, it's not. He went out to elbow toward the players face. Unsure on contact of course but that's not a normal reaction. It's an aggressive one. A normal reaction would be to push your arm away or to push the player away, but not to go up with a bent elbow.

Halftrack

Caught my girlfriend on the chin with my elbow with a move like that when she was tickling me. I didn't think I did it on purpose, but I guess I have to go to jail for domestic assault now.

lsd

The Oracle
Surely he has to get a big ban now no matter how the linesman reacted