Angelo Henriquez

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Meh, Robbie Brady has barely played for United and he's in the Ireland squad for their big game with Germany.

Heffo

He has more than a goal a game at underage level for Chile and had a great scoring record at Universidad de Chile so I doubt it's just because he moved to United. I mean Sterling was called up for England after a couple of good games for Liverpool.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He has more than a goal a game at underage level for Chile and had a great scoring record at Universidad de Chile so I doubt it's just because he moved to United. I mean Sterling was called up for England after a couple of good games for Liverpool.
probably due to the fact he is Jamaican and they wont to secure his services.

acrebo

Despite the fact they didn't throw him on for a few minutes at the end to actually achieve that objective?

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
He's not been particualrly standout for the reserves so far. He wasn't involved at all last night so might be injured.
3 Starts, 2 goals, 1 assist. We have high standards these days don't we.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He's just 18 and he came from a South American league. Ofcourse he's gonna take some to settle in and play to his best. The fact that he's training with the first team players and the fact he's in the travelling squad to Braga(It wouldn't make sense not to play him yesterday in the U21 match as he's clearly fit) tells me Fergie has been really impressed with him.

Platato

Psst!
FFS pocco, it's the reserves. Plus the lad just arrived. Need more time to assess this boy.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
What he's shown so far is good pace and a low center of gravity. His touch seems pretty good and he's not bad in the air for a little fella. Promising stuff.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
FFS pocco, it's the reserves. Plus the lad just arrived. Need more time to assess this boy.
And I made that clear myself. But people talking about his goal ratio are trying to paint the wrong picture. It's not just about the goals; he's still settling in and hasn't really stood so far. Can't say fairer than that.

Jimy put his scoring record on there knowing people would read into that he's flourishing, when actually he's scored some straightforward goals and we can't judge too much from it so far. He's been on the periphary of some games, his touch has been hit and miss but there have been some examples of nice footwork and one particular run with the ball which showed what he is perhaps capable of.

Somebody asked how he's been doing so I gave my opinion. No need to sugar coat it, everybody knows he's new to the club.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
What Pocco means to say is:

OMG! he's amazing. He plays like a mixture of Henry and VanNistleroy but better!!!!

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
I strongly disagree with Pocco on this matter. The lad is a far better prospect than King. He is much more comfortable with the ball at his feet than Hernandez too.

Drainy

His movement is excellent, great workrate, very decent control and he looks like a very good finisher. (for his age) I'm not surprised he's training with the first team.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I've only seen his first appearance - he came on for about 15 minutes and had 3 good attempts, scoring one of them.

He looks pacy and a decent finisher, with good movement. Not sure if he's going to be much use out wide or a bit deeper, but definitely knows where the goal is.

No idea how we're going to fit him in though. Not like Welbeck, Rooney, Hernandez and Macheda are old.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I strongly disagree with Pocco on this matter. The lad is a far better prospect than King. He is much more comfortable with the ball at his feet than Hernandez too.
That he may prove to be, but King has been one of our best players at reserve level over the last two months. He's certainly playing better than Henriquez has been, except he's not been that good in front of goal. I reckon most people would admit this. It doesnt mean anything as Henriquez is new here, but somebody asked how hes getting on so I told them.

Its like the Hernandez vs Welbeck argument all over again :lol:

MUFC07

His control and movement are incredible for a guy his age. I haven't seen him with the reserves but I followed almost all his involvement in U de Chile's season.

Will Absolute

I've only seen his first appearance - he came on for about 15 minutes and had 3 good attempts, scoring one of them.

He looks pacy and a decent finisher, with good movement. Not sure if he's going to be much use out wide or a bit deeper, but definitely knows where the goal is.

No idea how we're going to fit him in though. Not like Welbeck, Rooney, Hernandez and Macheda are old.
Macheda may be out of the picture at this stage. But we've also got Will Keane. Breaking into the United forward line looks a near impossible task - world class or no vacancy.

Drainy

Macheda may be out of the picture at this stage. But we've also got Will Keane. Breaking into the United forward line looks a near impossible task - world class or no vacancy.
It's more a matter of patience and hard work in waiting for an opportunity then taking it when it's presented to you.

If it means going out on loan for a season or two to gain experience and working hard on your game, then so be it. The problem with Macheda is that while he took advantage of his first opportunities, he never built on it even though he was given a chance. He always did well in preseason but as soon as it mattered he was average at best. A couple of unlucky loan moves haven't helped.

Football is unpredictable, players get injured, want to leave or lose form/focus and need to be moved on or have their role in the club adjusted- just got to be the one to take advantage when it happens.

Brightonian

What kind of player was he in Chile? Can anyone who watched him a decent amount in his Universidad days give a summary. Is this pacy, decent finisher picture I'm getting an accurate reflection of what he can do?

jem

What kind of player was he in Chile? Can anyone who watched him a decent amount in his Universidad days give a summary. Is this pacy, decent finisher picture I'm getting an accurate reflection of what he can do?
From my former Chilean student (I think I posted this earlier in this thread):

is one of the best strikers in chile, undoubtedly he will improve in England because it is young, he is fast and scorer, and the people compare with OWEN....is not from my team but for sure will be abut i like him.... i think maybe the next season he couls surprise you, but not this

MUFC07

does he have the potential to be better than zamorano or salas?
That's tough to say so early in his career, but he did look impressive and too big for the Chilean league. That could be tricky though, because so did Franco di Santo when he was at Audax Italiano but so did Alexis Sanchez with Colo Colo.

Salas and Zamorano were very, very good. The thing is they were a step ahead of the whole country, they were too good for Chile, even though they had very good players like Fabián Estay, Luis Musrri, Nelson Acosta and José Luis Sierra. They were good, but not top notch like Salas and Zamorano.

Henriquez is young and promising, very good indeed, but then again Chile has been producing great players in the last few years such as Alexis Sánchez, Arturo Vidal, Gary Medel, Mauricio Isla, Matías Fernández, Eduardo Vargas, Júnior Fernándes, and most of them are young and developing in Europe. With U de Chile he also had the advantage that he was part of the best team of the continent of the last two years (although Corinthians would have something to say there).

So, can he be better? Too early to say, I don't know, but I'd say he is in the right club to develop if we have patience with him, I can see a star in him, certainly. Zamorano and Salas? It's tricky going there.

He played in a frontline of 3. U de Chile played the Bielsista system, almost always 3-1-3-3 or 3-3-1-3 with a false 9 (Lorenzetti when Henriquez was there), sometimes 4-3-3 or 3-4-3, depending on the players available and the number of strikers the opposition had.

He started on the right, but that was tricky because he was constantly moving to and fro the frontline, sweeping with Junior Fernándes and even with Lorenzetti when he had already moved from picking the ball deep. He is perfectly able to take on his man, but he'd rather look for the pass when he is outside the box, he's got great control and knows how to find space similar to Hernández and he is lethal inside the box. That shouldn't be confused with how Chicharito works, they're not the same kind of player. It is like comparing Ruud to Ole.

Yeah, he is pacey, but not Hernández-quick. He is clinical inside the box, yes, but he is more than that. He's got good control and intelligent link-up play. I can't exactly compare him to Ruud and wouldn't dare to say yet that he is a new breed of player.

Robbie Boy

That's tough to say so early in his career, but he did look impressive and too big for the Chilean league. That could be tricky though, because so did Franco di Santo when he was at Audax Italiano but so did Alexis Sanchez with Colo Colo.

Salas and Zamorano were very, very good. The thing is they were a step ahead of the whole country, they were too good for Chile, even though they had very good players like Fabián Estay, Luis Musrri, Nelson Acosta and José Luis Sierra. They were good, but not top notch like Salas and Zamorano.

Henriquez is young and promising, very good indeed, but then again Chile has been producing great players in the last few years such as Alexis Sánchez, Arturo Vidal, Gary Medel, Mauricio Isla, Matías Fernández, Eduardo Vargas, Júnior Fernándes, and most of them are young and developing in Europe. With U de Chile he also had the advantage that he was part of the best team of the continent of the last two years (although Corinthians would have something to say there).

So, can he be better? Too early to say, I don't know, but I'd say he is in the right club to develop if we have patience with him, I can see a star in him, certainly. Zamorano and Salas? It's tricky going there.

He played in a frontline of 3. U de Chile played the Bielsista system, almost always 3-1-3-3 or 3-3-1-3 with a false 9 (Lorenzetti when Henriquez was there), sometimes 4-3-3 or 3-4-3, depending on the players available and the number of strikers the opposition had.

He started on the right, but that was tricky because he was constantly moving to and fro the frontline, sweeping with Junior Fernándes and even with Lorenzetti when he had already moved from picking the ball deep. He is perfectly able to take on his man, but he'd rather look for the pass when he is outside the box, he's got great control and knows how to find space similar to Hernández and he is lethal inside the box. That shouldn't be confused with how Chicharito works, they're not the same kind of player. It is like comparing Ruud to Ole.

Yeah, he is pacey, but not Hernández-quick. He is clinical inside the box, yes, but he is more than that. He's got good control and intelligent link-up play. I can't exactly compare him to Ruud and wouldn't dare to say yet that he is a new breed of player.
Great post, mate. Good to have some proper insight into the lad.

Sounds like a very interesting player, indeed. I haven't seen any of him yet for our youth team, but from the sounds of it; we could have a very exciting young player on our hands.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Mirror saying him we're considering loaning him to a championship club. Right IMO, he needs first team football.

Andrew~

And I made that clear myself. But people talking about his goal ratio are trying to paint the wrong picture. It's not just about the goals; he's still settling in and hasn't really stood so far. Can't say fairer than that.

Jimy put his scoring record on there knowing people would read into that he's flourishing, when actually he's scored some straightforward goals and we can't judge too much from it so far. He's been on the periphary of some games, his touch has been hit and miss but there have been some examples of nice footwork and one particular run with the ball which showed what he is perhaps capable of.

Somebody asked how he's been doing so I gave my opinion. No need to sugar coat it, everybody knows he's new to the club.
Do we get extra points of the goal is a 30 yard screamer now?