Annihilate Now! on BBC Radio 5 Live Sport now!

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
What a time to be a member! Where are we in 10 years? A select few included in the united board? We should form a transfer committee.
I'm just waiting for major figures to get wind of this, and for players to start joining.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He said that Giggs had 2 wins and 2 losses. It was actually 2 wins, 1 loss and 1 draw.
The guys hosting the show also said that Hughes only played for, but never managed Blackburn for some reason.:lol:

CM

I can't believe they put forward Hughes as a serious candidate :houllier:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The guys hosting the show also said that Hughes only played for, but never managed Blackburn for some reason.:lol:
Yeah, I heard that. Bizarre. These people get paid for this stuff and can't get basic facts right.

Already forgotten Sparky's bust up with Cesc over how Blackburn played?

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Yeah, I heard that. Bizarre. These people get paid for this stuff and can't get basic facts right.
Already forgotten Sparky's bust up with Cesc over how Blackburn played?
Unsure, but I think after @Annihilate Now! commented that he remembered Mark Hughes winning the League Cup the host corrected that Hughes was playing for Blackburn at the time and concurrently managing Wales. He might have added that he never managed Blackburn though, but I missed that.

Unsure, but I think after @Annihilate Now! commented that he remembered Mark Hughes winning the League Cup the host corrected that Hughes was playing for Blackburn at the time and concurrently managing Wales. He might have added that he never managed Blackburn though, but I missed that.
Fair enough. If that was it I stand corrected.

We need to get back to that mentality where a draw = a loss.
Totally agree. This club has become too used to failure, too accepting of dropping points. Had we not drawn with Newcastle twice, a team that has been horribly poor this year, we'd be joint fourth and in the title race.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Yeah, only realised that after looking Hughes up.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
That totally threw me, the producer said we would just talk Giggs vs. Mourinho... then he thew fecking Hughes in?!
You were right though in that Hughes is someone who's done well generally with mid-table teams like Moyes had and there's nothing to suggest really that we should pick him over Mourinho. Slightly different I suppose in that he played for the club, but I'm not sure it would make a big difference considering it was over 20 years ago.

That totally threw me, the producer said we would just talk Giggs vs. Mourinho... then he thew fecking Hughes in?!
Only thing I thought you might add is that there is a thread on Mourinho vs Pochettino somewhere here, and Mourinho still came out on top of that one.

Nicely done though mate. Taking that United Hour slickness to the BBC. Any time soon you'll be appearing on a BT Sport Cup game promo! ;)

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Hi bbc, have you sacked that joke Alan Greene yet? If so I might start listening again.

R'hllor

Links doesnt work for me,for some reason,can someone post direct link to podcast or something like,please?

CM

I thought you handled it fairly well. It did sound like a tongue in cheek suggestion initially so you were put on the spot a little bit.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
You were right though in that Hughes is someone who's done well generally with mid-table teams like Moyes had and there's nothing to suggest really that we should pick him over Mourinho. Slightly different I suppose in that he played for the club, but I'm not sure it would make a big difference considering it was over 20 years ago.

Absolutely, I loved Hughes as a player, my era growing up, don't want him nowhere near the club though. Cnut

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Oh he's still there, making being paid to fly around Europe, to watch some of the best footballers in the world, sound like a letter sent home from the Somme.
:lol: You're a bloody great poster, D. :)

PS Well done, AN! :)

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Well done @Annihilate Now!

Having someone talking sense on 5live is a breath of fresh air indeed. Makes a change from the usual reactionary shite you hear.

Needham

Questions for @Annihilate Now!
- Did the BBC pay you?
- Do you feel radio as a medium has a bright future?
- Why did you put on a Manchester accent?
- Is Steve Claridge as nice in real telephone as he seems in radio life?
- Are you now subject to investigation under operation Yewtree?
- Would you like to be a full time radio phone in participant when you grow up?
- Did you do any silent trumps whilst discussing Hughes as a managerial candidate?
- Did you feel the host racially discriminated against you at any time?
- What was the green room like?
- Did you get to keep the phone?