Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Apparently we are interesting in taking him on loan. From the little I’ve seen I wasn’t that impressed. From memory he’s scored a few goals though which would help us.
When he first broke into our team last season he showed promise, with some decent (not great or anything, but decent) skill on the ball and good work rate and movement. He's dropped off a fair bit since then and he's mostly just work rate, so the question is whether the early form was just a flash in the pan or whether he can get back to that in the right environment.

It's also worth noting that he's played almost entirely on the right for us as that's where we were short, whereas I do believe he's more of a left winger by trade. So if you played him on the left he might step up a bit.

acnumber9

Came on and played in his Christmas slippers. He’s basically just a time wasting sub.

Sylar

Some here are desperate to hate him. Guy came on in the 86th minute ffs. “That was it” - just move on we won 3-0.
Weird post.
Don't think any of the posts above indicate anybody hates him.
Basically it was a summary of what happened today.

Those who state he's not good enough or needs a loan probably don't hate him either.

Bondi77

That's harsh. I meant for like 20 minutes off the bench on the wing to little effect.

Lingard had 9 goals and 5 assists in 16 for West Ham, he was basically James Maddison with pace for them, truly the absolute peak of his career, and he started a World Cup semi-final.
You are right.
Lingard was one of the best in the League while on his loan stint at the Hammers.

Rossa

Should Elanga be re-trained as a fullback? He has a phenomenal leap, blistering pace, great stamina and looks to be quite strong. He should certainly be able to get up and down the pitch well enough. He could be moulded into a Valencia type of fullback as he seems quite adept at defending, but mostly his physical attributes will provide him with an advantage over most attackers. Him on the overlap behind Antony could provide a real threat.

As a modern winger cutting inside, I just don't see him having the required close control. I also think he should trust his pace much more and just kick and run - when you have his speed, it can be very efficient, but he hesitates far too much.

rajds89

Some here are desperate to hate him. Guy came on in the 86th minute ffs. “That was it” - just move on we won 3-0.
I don’t hate him, I just happen to think he is utter gash and isn’t anywhere near the standard we should be aiming for.. even from our backup players.

NoPace

Should Elanga be re-trained as a fullback? He has a phenomenal leap, blistering pace, great stamina and looks to be quite strong. He should certainly be able to get up and down the pitch well enough. He could be moulded into a Valencia type of fullback as he seems quite adept at defending, but mostly his physical attributes will provide him with an advantage over most attackers. Him on the overlap behind Antony could provide a real threat.

As a modern winger cutting inside, I just don't see him having the required close control. I also think he should trust his pace much more and just kick and run - when you have his speed, it can be very efficient, but he hesitates far too much.
I'm not sure he's really shown enough pass and move qualities to be a really good fullback. It's too early to be sure, but I think he's just a mid to lower table left winger who can score a few goals on the counter, like

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
swim or sink season for young Elanga. There's no way he'll have as many minutes next season (at United) playing like this, when more attackers are join in.

kaku06

What’s your definition of hate? People use this word a lot to suit a narrative. Give me your definition please and how it fits here.

Rolaholic

Should recall Amad if we do this, or at least start giving Pellestri minutes

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

He helps with quantity way more than he helps quality but still can’t imagine going into second half of season with Rashford, Garnacho and Antony as our only wide players. Diallo’s recall would be a bad move, not only because he probably isn’t ready but also because you can’t do that to a team that is fighting for promotion.

userman

Makes sense to loan out Elanga for him to get some much needed minutes, especially if we bring in a stop-gap forward. If we keep Elanga AND sign a forward we'll have 7 forwards, and Elanga will be the one who suffer the most from that. I do believe that Elanga can develop into a solid PL-level player in the coming years but he needs minutes and wont get it here. No need to recall Amad from a successfull loan (given we sign a stop-gap).

Bondi77

I have not seen anything regarding tackling ability or crossing ability to suggest he could do what Antonio did for us in his time at the club

Møllemanden

I have not seen anything regarding tackling ability or crossing ability to suggest he could do what Antonio did for us in his time at the club
I agree. It's rough, but you need to show more than he has to have a chance here. He'll be playing in Ligue 2 or back in Sweden in a couple of years.

Bondi77

I agree. It's rough, but you need to show more than he has to have a chance here. He'll be playing in Ligue 2 or back in Sweden in a couple of years.
'back in Sweden' :lol:
I reckon he has hardly spent anytime there apart from internationals and would not have played any club football there.

Møllemanden

'back in Sweden' :lol:
I reckon he has hardly spent anytime there apart from internationals and would not have played any club football there.
Semantics. I could have mentioned 2. Bundesliga, Serie B, Australian league etc. Fact is, he is never going to achieve anything in football. And you can quote me on that.

jesperjaap

Think he is being treated pretty harshly by our fans as there are other aademy products (some still palying and regularly) who are worse.

He is still young, has great pace and overall considering his age, he has done ok. I think he does the right things in terms of performign a role for the side and makign the right movements offensively and defensively.

The big thing for me why I still agree about a lon or sale though is there is a lot of talent at the club that are a little younger but havent been playing.

First off of course we have seen him replacing Greenwood in the side. But we also have Amad and SAncho and in all honesty the small number of chances Amad got at least, they havent really performed well enough. But then we have only recently seen Garnacho come in and I still like the look of Pellestri as well. SO a godo squad player that can perform a role witin the side over some serious talent (and there are others) is frustrating......but I disagree he has been utter gash.

In times gone by he would have been a decent second or third choice player within the squad, but with the abundance of talent we have at the moment, he probably shouldnt even be third choice

Chinchy98

Not good enough. Works hard, not much else.

Gets leeway as an academy graduate, wouldn’t get in a squad for any serious side

city-puma

It’s the second game he has been used as CF. Interesting to see how he develops in that role.

Lost bear

What’s your definition of hate? People use this word a lot to suit a narrative. Give me your definition please and how it fits here.
Yes, I don’t ‘hate’ Elanga in the least- in fact, he seems like a nice kid. But I happen to think he’s not good enough to meet our needs at Utd.

Ole'sattheWheel

Think it’s pretty clear that he isn’t gonna make the cut here. I’d rather bring back Amad and play him

Malone_Post

He’s got to be one of the worst footballers I’ve ever seen play for United. His second touch is pretty much always a tackle. Apart from running around a lot, he offers absolutely nothing as an attacking force. I honestly have no idea how he’s made it this far.

He seems like a nice lad, and he works hard, but it’s just painfully obvious he’s nowhere near the level required.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Having a go at him his like kicking a cat. It’s not his fault. Will be sold soon.

Ibi Dreams

Not sure why Pellistri can't get a chance when Elanga keeps getting minutes and doing nothing of note with them

Status
Not open for further replies.