4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoo

Can’t criticise him too much for being selfish. He has fallen well down the pecking order and that can’t be easy for him.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Can’t remember a United attacker with less talent. Even Dan James is Ronaldinho compared to this guy.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Decision making wasn't great but he was ever present and willing to make a contribution.

Farfetched

He would do well to stop and think what’s been happening these last few weeks; Wout has worked for the team without getting the goals that a forward should be getting, but plays every game. Elanga had chances to set up a team mate to score; team work gets noticed by Eric and he has repeatedly said goals are team effort’s.

izec

Just not good enough, his output and decision making are just awful. Needs consistent game time away from United

PSV

Absolutely hopeless. Shocking decision making. Spent too much time with Cristiano.

Dempsey19

No loan will save him. Ship him off in the summer hopefully we can catch somebody to pay up for him.

kundalini

I suppose getting 25 mins with the game over is a chance to show what you can do, hence all the shots, but ended up looking short of confidence.

Been a difficult season for him. Got dropped for Antony when the team was winning then struggled in most of the few opportunities he has had since then. Garnacho overtaken him on the left; the difference in talent is clear to see.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Too bad he's the fastest winger we have (apart from Rashford) and the one with the worst decision making.

There was a moment in his career when I saw he could make a decent option for us. Not sure where he goes from him. Maybe he's an option when we're sitting deep and need someone to do the runs. Don't know really.

SAFMUTD

He was never going to make it here but now it looks like he wont make it at all. Besides his phyisicallity he doesnt have anything required to play in the premier league.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
There's no shame in not being good enough to make it at United, very few are.

He can still go on to have a very solid pro career for an Everton/Palace/Southampton level team where their forwards are pretty much expected to work hard and not score.

Olecurls99

Lad gets first minutes in months and is slated. Deary me.

Useful pace and played a part early in the season but there's too much players ahead of him now.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He's a likeable character and he's had a nice story at United so far. I don't see any point in loaning him out next season though (as has been rumoured). His technique is nowhere near the required level and it was on display tonight, as it always is. I think he'd do well to stay within the Premier League honestly.

Marwood

His career progression has been messed up. He's got no right or foundation to be playing football at this level. Promoted beyond his current ability level.

It's a cliché but he should be learning his trade in the Championship right now.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Too bad he's the fastest winger we have (apart from Rashford) and the one with the worst decision making.

There was a moment in his career when I saw he could make a decent option for us. Not sure where he goes from him. Maybe he's an option when we're sitting deep and need someone to do the runs. Don't know really.
He definitely needs a season loan where he can play regularly, although some on here have already written him off, I still think there is a player there, so let's see what playing in a different environment can do for him.

sugar_kane

It’s quite uncanny watching the rare occasions he plays for us under Ten Hag.

He was such a permanent feature during that horrendous Rangnick half season, it’s like a strange infrequently recurring bad dream.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
His career progression has been messed up. He's got no right or foundation to be playing football at this level. Promoted beyond his current ability level.

It's a cliché but he should be learning his trade in the Championship right now.
He's the exact reason why I always disagree when people say "just play the kids"... Unless they've absolutely proven they have the quality, it can totally ruin them.

meamth

His potential is probably like Lingard's level. Now we probably don't want a player of that quality in the squad for foreseeable future.

I have been backing with youngsters that came out to play for the first team, but Elanga is one of those who never struck me or convinced me to be patient with him.

At least a PL level player, capable to start with Bournemouth or Nottingham forest, that's his level. Sell him while we can.

UnitedRoadRed

ETH just doesn't know how to use him. Should've read that dossier.
Don't use him is the simple answer. Absolute nothing of a player who runs around a lot. Earns a participation medal at best. Fergie would have sold him to Sunderland for £5m by now.

SAFMUTD

He's a likeable character and he's had a nice story at United so far. I don't see any point in loaning him out next season though (as has been rumoured). His technique is nowhere near the required level and it was on display tonight, as it always is. I think he'd do well to stay within the Premier League honestly.
I agree, his problem is not fitness, physique or experience. He simply lacks quality, I dont think he has a shot to make it here. Besides the senior players that are above him in the pecking order there's also Garnacho, Pellistri and possibly Amad before him. So no point in loaning him out a streight sell to a smaller club where he can gets minutes. Hopefully he can find a place in the premier league.

podurban2

Happy to see him play. Sweden can really use his speed. Looked hungry when he came on and looked so glad when he scored. Must feel good for him.

Drizzle

Childish defending but a well taken goal.

He’s not the first kid to be slaughtered on the caf. I hope he makes it.
He won't make it with United. He's played 50 games for us now and never looked close to being good enough. He has two players in his preferred position that are clearly better than him.

Hes not a bad player, but even factoring improvement as a young player, he doesn't have the technical tools to be an elite wide forward.

That's not 'slaughtering' him, it's just an honest appraisal.

jem

He won't make it with United. He's played 50 games for us now and never looked close to being good enough. He has two players in his preferred position that are clearly better than him.

Hes not a bad player, but even factoring improvement as a young player, he doesn't have the technical tools to be an elite wide forward.

Agreed. I would be very happy if we could get a decent fee for him. Best for the club and best for the player.

prateik

He's 20.. same age as Amad.. Younger than Pellistri (21)..

He needs a good loan deal where he plays regularly.. I expect him to kick on once he starts getting regular minutes... Good enough to play here.. who knows.. but he is too young to write off..

hobbers

Good enough to play here.. who knows.. but he is too young to write off..
Everyone who's seen him play.

He's not too young to write off, clearly. 15 year old academy players get written off all the time. ETH wrote Elanga off in pre season.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He's 20.. same age as Amad.. Younger than Pellistri (21)..

He needs a good loan deal where he plays regularly.. I expect him to kick on once he starts getting regular minutes... Good enough to play here.. who knows.. but he is too young to write off..
It's got to be loan and then sell surely. Unless he had some sort of world class preseason to be worthy of another chance after the loan. I like the lad but he's really showed nothing in the last year plus.

kopviolator

"Absolutely a nothing player"
"Woeful footballer"
"Never going to make it"
"No loan will save him"
"Cant remember a united attacker with less talent"

These are just on the last thread page - those are not appraisals

You're probably right in your assessment, but the negativity towards young players trying to break in gets to me.

"Absolutely a nothing player"
"Woeful footballer"
"Never going to make it"
"No loan will save him"
"Cant remember a united attacker with less talent"

These are just on the last thread page - those are not appraisals

You're probably right in your assessment, but the negativity towards young players trying to break in gets to me.
He had some support in his early career but hes at 40 appearances now, its obvious hes not good enough. It's no surprise many fans have written him off. Pace with limited quality may well get him a career at the bottom of the table but he's never going to make it here so why would we try to suggest otherwise.

SAF is the GOAT

Personally I want him to get a loan where he'll get consistent minutes to play and show if he's worthy enough.

We can't judge a player based on a few minutes in 1 game every 3 weeks and play him out of his position most of the times, its not serious.

We had the same situation with Amad and now he's looking more eligible to be in our squad next season but before that loan to Sunderland he was no where near that.

Last edited:

kopviolator

He had some support in his early career but hes at 40 appearances now, its obvious hes not good enough. It's no surprise many fans have written him off. Pace with limited quality may well get him a career at the bottom of the table but he's never going to make it here so why would we try to suggest otherwise.
Say what you think.
And I think he's being slaughtered on here. its hardly a view I need to defend.

Man Utd 2:2 Sevilla

BehemothTerror

Extremely poor performance for him today. I think he did literally nothing for 30 minutes and nullified the entire left side. Sancho was patchy admitably, but Elanga was even worse

Between him and Malacia for who disappointed most today

Status
Not open for further replies.