4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

georgipep

Think it’s pretty clear that he isn’t gonna make the cut here. I’d rather bring back Amad and play him
That'd be pretty bad for Amad's development. Switching from starting every game to occasionally playing 20 minutes in the end of games, out of position (Elanga played striker in his last two sub appearances).

I definitely wouldn't.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Nothing against the kid, but hopefully he's pretty much just here to fill a shirt until the end of the season and give starters a breather when they need one, and we get a decent fee from a club more like his level in the summer.

Hope he has a nice solid pro career, but it's tough to see it being here.

Glorio

Shades of Zeki Fryers out there tonight. Probably his last game for us.
Zeki Fryers!!! :lol:

I think I may be confusing memory of him with someone else - who was the 'promising' left back that left us for Spurs?

Edit:

Just consulted Google, was definitely him! Interstate parallel drawn considering they play very different positions!

slored1

Pellistri is better than him unfortunately. He lost all confidence from last season and his touch is really bad. Needs a loan at least, if someone offers more than 15 million for him we should take it and run.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Terrible player and never has been anything else, he should be moved on to a championship team ASAP no loans just get rid full sale.

Based Adnan

Worrying he looked out of his depth vs League One opposition. Hopefully that's the end of him getting minutes over Pellistri.

Roboc7

He’s only being kept to make up the numbers, for his own sake he needs to move on as soon as possible. He can go and have a decent career somewhere else but no future at Utd.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Don't want to be harsh he's still young but he shouldn't play for us again, this season at least. Looks out of form and low on confidence. needs a good loan now and move in the summer.

Kag

Can’t fault the lad, but he’s a million miles away from the standard.

Will go the way of the McNair’s of the world - not that that would be a bad career. But not at United. No chance.

CM

I don't want to be too critical as he's only playing because we're bare bones, but man, that was bad. Honestly wouldn't be against the Everton loan now with Pellistri taking his minutes.

Idxomer

The more we keep playing him, the worse his value gets.

He needs to be sold quickly.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Elanga's decision making in the final third is a bit desperate. Unless he's played into space and has only one option, to shoot, he takes too long to make up his mind. They used to talk about players like Scholes having a picture in his mind before he got the ball. Elanga is the opposite: Its like tunnel vision, he only sees the ball, he only starts assessing what to do with the ball once he gets it to feet. So often robbed today because he was dawdling in possession trying to decide what to do. Struggling to see a career for him at United. When you see what Pellistri offered, its crazy how many chances Elanga has had this season by comparison. I can only imagine its because Elanga is more muscular.

Shinjch

If there was any sort of interest in him we should be looking to encourage it.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Said it 2 years ago and i'll say it again. He's not even good enough for a midtable team let alone Man Utd.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Don’t wanna stick the knife in too much as he’s given me a lot of entertainment for the youth teams, but Pellistri coming on and showing more in 10 minutes than Elanga has in a season really should be curtains on his United career.

Rauður Djöfull

Elanga must be great in training huh? Shouldn't matter if he can't bring it to the pitch and he has not done that this season and most likely is not good enough for United. Got lucky and some fresh breath of air when Ralf came in but I don't see him making it at United

Hope we sell or loan him in January, isn't Everton interested?

MonkeysMagic

Elanga and VdB have no future at Utd and moving them on in Jan will not hinder us in the slightest. In fact it may do us good knowing they can't be selected!

Stadjer

Don't know what Ralf saw in him
A player who was willing to run and actually try to do what Ralf asked of him? Ralf was suggesting players like Nkunku and Alvarez so im sure he noticed that Elanga doesnt have the talent to be a long term option

Eurotrash

It’s almost like he is actively trying to avoid the ball. How else can you fail to make any sort of impact in 85 minutes vs Charlton?

Great dodgeball player though.

saivet

Think we should get him out on loan if we can't sell him this window. With Weghurst coming in and hopefully Sancho back, we should have enough cover. Even if Sancho doesn't come back or its longer than anticipated, I think Pellestri can cover his place in the squad.

arthurka

Why though?

I think it's fairly clear he's not good enough for Utd. Not even close.

Best thing for everyone is a permanent move either this month or in the summer.
Rashford sure didn't look a player last year he managed to turn up this season. It's unbelievable what a bit of routine matches a bit of form and some confidence can do for a player.

Djemba-Djemba

Rashford sure didn't look a player last year he managed to turn up this season. It's unbelievable what a bit of routine matches a bit of form and some confidence can do for a player.
Rashford had several years before last season that showed how good he was.

You really cannot be comparing Rashford to Elanga :lol:

CM

Why though?

I think it's fairly clear he's not good enough for Utd. Not even close.

Best thing for everyone is a permanent move either this month or in the summer.
If we can sell for a good price we should, but that's probably not a likelihood in January.

A loan to a club lower down the league could get him a run in the team and a bit of confidence so we can cash in during the summer. He's not a great footballer but he's a decent athlete - a bit of pace for a side who play on the break could be a valuable asset?

arthurka

Rashford had several years before last season that showed how good he was.

You really cannot be comparing Rashford to Elanga :lol:
As he should one player is 25 the other one 20 so let's see he has been a bit of mixed bags but let's give the guy a break.

Chinchy98

Think he is top 6 championship level. A bit like Pukki, Cantwell, Tom ince level.

Okay player. Nothing more. Good luck to him whenever he moves on

Status
Not open for further replies.