6.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

Not sure how you can question his decision making. So far its been one of the most impressive things about the kid.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
His decision making has been great so far. It's not like Memphis where when he starts dribbling he runs into dead ends. He has most of the time passed it at the right moment, dribbled at the right time, and generally just picked the right option most of the time. No player is perfect with his decision making, so you can't fault him for losing the ball occasionally when dribbling, it happens to Messi, it'll happen to Martial. It could just be a great run of form, but his decision making (and overall game) has been at the level of a top class player in his prime really. Not a youngster.

He hasn't really properly shot all too often so we've yet to see how good of a shot he has really. Looking at his overall game, there's nothing really that sticks out as holding him back. He's been playing brilliantly and his overall game is very complete and at a very high level already. Which is ridiculous to say as he's just 19 years old, but he really doesn't have any weaknesses in his game. Probably his passing is the one thing, which is a bit inconsistent at times. Was hardly a problem though and has shown quality passes as well (like the ball up to Rooney for his chance).
yep, good post.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
3:16 - the way he just got past Stones, even if momentarily. Bloody hell, the speed of that turn. If he wasn't in a tight space on the wing, he'd have been away.
The last chance he created at the end as well - so easy for him to just run past Coleman (?). Should have had an assist there.

Plus I'm fairly certain he did more defensive work in that game than Memphis has done so far at United.
(I'm a fan of Memphis, so even though this may seem like another dig towards him - it's more a praise on how fantastic Martial did on the wing).

chriswt

He did well on the left. I hope we learn from the past so history doesn't repeat itself. Moving players out of their best position can impact their development. Martial looks to be a mercurial talent and I want us to build the team around him as the central attacking force instead of sacrificing him for the sake of senior players. Rooney should be accommodating Martial, not the other way around.
My impression is that he's been rather consistent so far.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
3:16 - the way he just got past Stones, even if momentarily. Bloody hell, the speed of that turn. If he wasn't in a tight space on the wing, he'd have been away.
The last chance he created at the end as well - so easy for him to just run past Coleman (?). Should have had an assist there.

Plus I'm fairly certain he did more defensive work in that game than Memphis has done so far at United.
(I'm a fan of Memphis, so even though this may seem like another dig towards him - it's more a praise on how fantastic Martial did on the wing).
His tracking back got a special mention on MOTD.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Was he this good at Monaco or did he step it up since his transfer?

bucky

Was he this good at Monaco or did he step it up since his transfer?
He was showing a lot of promise in the second half of last season and IMO the talent was quite obvious. I didn't expect him to be this good though.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He was showing a lot of promise in the second half of last season and IMO the talent was quite obvious. I didn't expect him to be this good though.
I am asking because he looks scarily good at the age of 19 playing in a new league. Not just good but actually really really fecking good.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Plus I think Martial won our POTM the month before, so there may have been a wee bit of fixing from our side. The votes were 44% Mata and 42% Martial.
I was thinking maybe the club fixed it so he didn't win it to try and cool the hype a little?

the hea

Very poor first half from him but this was always going to happen, yonug players are always more inconsitent and he was bound to have a game like this after his great start.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
His first poor game for us really... Probably could've been a pen for us on him though at the start, but stupid pen to give away and their right back has the beating of him so far.
Honestly think the cold might be having an impact on him and the team. Everyone's touch and passing was off for the first 20 minutes really.

Zoo

Put him back central. We don't want him having to track back and defend.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He was crap but shouldn't be put out wide when he's looked class upfront, especially when his replacement is Rooney.

justboy68

Struggling with being doubled or even tripled up on within a second of receiving the ball. CSKA have done their homework. He still looks like the only one who might make something happen though to be honest. As unsuccessful as his dribbling has been there's at least a conceivable possibility that he might make it past his men and do some damage. The endless sideways passing from everyone else will never create anything in a million years.

mav_9me

They are doubling him making it difficult for him. Solution would be for Rojo to overlap and take away the other man or Schweinsteiger or Rooney to get into the space left by the 2 defender. Unfortunately not happening.

Either make them pay for doubling on him with proper overloading the others or put him in the center where they cannot double on him and he can run in behind.

Btw why the feck does Rooney not try to run behind at all? Like not even once???? So easy to defend against.

prateik

He only played 90 minutes 5 times in 2 seasons at Monaco.. Not saying he is tired or anything... just that he isn't experienced.
Looking a bit lost in a tough European away is not that surprising.
He'll learn from it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
sticking him out wide to facilitate Rooney playing doesn't half reduce his threat!

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I'm not sure I get why he's staying wide when our right side's getting into crossing positions.

El Zoido

His development will be stunted due to being stuck out on the left wing because of Rooney.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Get him closer to goal and he scores. No surprises. The boy is magnificent. Top class header (with questionable keeping). Please end this Rooney-centric striker focus now Louis. For the sake of the team and to maximise our full attacking capabilities.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Takes up a central position and scores. Why is he being played wide left?

Brilliant header.

Status
Not open for further replies.