Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He's not going anywhere - we signed him for a fecking fortune and we're not some no-mark club. Stop with this small-time bullshit and just enjoy the fact that he chose us.
Not this summer, we'll see in a few years. If we're not competitive he will be leaving

Jerch

Not this summer, we'll see in a few years. If we're not competitive he will be leaving
I don't think so. We paid a lot of money and since he is becoming only better and better there will be no club willing to spend the money they would have to if they want to buy him.

Cassidy

I don't think so. We paid a lot of money and since he is becoming only better and better there will be no club willing to spend the money they would have to if they want to buy him.
Yeah right. I guess you didn't see what Bayern just spent on an 18 yr old

RedorDead21

If you think Bayern can buy a player from us we don't want to sell and is tied to a long contract you need to look at our earnings and ask how the feck could they afford to do that exactly.

LouisDanGaal

Bayern could not afford Martial from us they don't invest as significant amounts in individual players as the other big two. Madrid and Barca could but we have just made him our key player in his first season in the country, his wages will increase soon enough and he could leave in a couple of years if we don't improve but definitely not soon. At this point I think with us having paid probably 50 and his value certainly increasing, with a good euros he would probably be a 65-70 mil player at the age of 21. Could be the guy that breaks the transfer record if he leaves us in a few years.

Jerch

You have to know that half the price are add ons because he have a talent but noone can know if he will fulfill it.

In Martial case, if he keeps developing he could be one of the best strikers around in a year. People are forgetting just how impressive his stats are if you consider how bad our attack is, goals and assist could be double what they are now if we would have functional attack.

And if he really become one of the best strikers around we will not be talking about add ons but just about whole price which will be ridiculously high, probably 100m+ pounds high and there are not a lot of clubs which can afford that.

Given the new TV deal and our sponsorships we really don't need money anyway so this just bumps the price even higher.

RedorDead21

Bayern could not afford Martial from us they don't invest as significant amounts in individual players as the other big two. Madrid and Barca could but we have just made him our key player in his first season in the country, his wages will increase soon enough and he could leave in a couple of years if we don't improve but definitely not soon. At this point I think with us having paid probably 50 and his value certainly increasing, with a good euros he would probably be a 65-70 mil player at the age of 21. Could be the guy that breaks the transfer record if he leaves us in a few years.
This. And we could have Maureen as manager by then, we could be back competing for major trophies...he could be the next Henry..and Arsenal managed to keep him happy for his best years. With PL money, as Spanish presidents have eluded to in the last 12 months, players leaving for Spain and elsewhere in the coming seasons will become less and less of a problem. It will soon be like leaving Vegas for Blackpool!!

Cassidy

You have to know that half the price are add ons because he have a talent but noone can know if he will fulfill it.

In Martial case, if he keeps developing he could be one of the best strikers around in a year. People are forgetting just how impressive his stats are if you consider how bad our attack is, goals and assist could be double what they are now if we would have functional attack.

And if he really become one of the best strikers around we will not be talking about add ons but just about whole price which will be ridiculously high, probably 100m+ pounds high and there are not a lot of clubs which can afford that.

Given the new TV deal and our sponsorships we really don't need money anyway so this just bumps the price even higher.
The type of club who would want one of the best strikers in the world could and if we wasn't competitive he would be able to force a move I'm willing to bet, especially when we would likely be loosing money from Adidas anyway.

Anyway its a moot point, anyone who thinks we will be able to hold on to him if we don't get back to being competitive in a few years is crazy

RikRuud

17 goals this season in all comps so far. Very productive more than we deserve. Looking forward to seeing his development continue .

Rossa

He's one of those players that isn't that quick without the ball but he has it he seems lightning. You see Carrick or Rooney spray the ball into space for him to run onto yesterday but he didn't seem to have that burst to get to the ball but then when he is running at defenders and going past them you just can't catch him. I think his best position will always be on the left of a front 3, he is a player that needs the ball at his feet to be dangerous - he doesn't seem to want to make off the ball runs all game like Rashford.
You are referring to his run against Antonio? Antonio had at least five yards on him, is very fast himself and it was easy to see that Martial was only half bothered. Against Everton, he showed that he is by quite some distance faster than Coleman, who is very fast.

But you are right that it is with the ball he impresses the most. His bursts when running at pace already is really something. He doesn't run with pace like Giggs could in his younger days, but the way he accelerates past defenders at pace is amazing. Maybe why he isn't that much a threat at counters? He seems to like to build some momentum. His close control is sublime though.

3KDré

You are referring to his run against Antonio? Antonio had at least five yards on him, is very fast himself and it was easy to see that Martial was only half bothered. Against Everton, he showed that he is by quite some distance faster than Coleman, who is very fast.

But you are right that it is with the ball he impresses the most. His bursts when running at pace already is really something. He doesn't run with pace like Giggs could in his younger days, but the way he accelerates past defenders at pace is amazing. Maybe why he isn't that much a threat at counters? He seems to like to build some momentum. His close control is sublime though.
I always get the impression he just couldn't be bothered to sprint, but when he does it's really quick. He was recorded at the fastest speed in the PL along with Vardy so he is pretty damn quick just doesn't look it or doesn't do it enough.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
His output this season really is impressive, even in a normal team getting 17 largely from the wing in your debut season is excellent, but he's done it in a team that largely detests scoring goals. And set up a further 10. A lot of similarities to when Rooney joined, really. Fingers crossed he's here as long, and submits fewer transfer requests in the meantime.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Aside of this being an absolutely unreasonable claim, where would he actually go?
Barca have MSN
Real has Ronaldo in his position, and he'll probably stay for a couple of years. Then they will come knocking, that's for sure
Bayern has a vast array of attacking talents - apart from Ribery and Robben they have Coman and Costa on the flanks and Lewa and Muller up front
PSG? I doubt he prefers them over us - and he obviously likes to play in a more competitive league, you can see it
Atletico or Borussia don't have the money
Most of our domestic competitors are in shambles themselves

HabeasC

Imagine him in a fully functioning Fergie team... Or even in the Hazard role in a Mourinho team. He'd be challenging for POTY. Still think it was criminal that he didn't even make the shortlist for YPOTY when Barkley did.

LouisDanGaal

Imagine him in a fully functioning Fergie team... Or even in the Hazard role in a Mourinho team. He'd be challenging for POTY. Still think it was criminal that he didn't even make the shortlist for YPOTY when Barkley did.
And coutinho

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Given the precedent we set when buying him + the recent Sanches deal, he ain't going nowhere because no one is paying the £100m+ we would and probably should demand for him.

He is the best outfield performer we've had since van Persie 12/13.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Given the precedent we set when buying him + the recent Sanches deal, he ain't going nowhere because no one is paying the £100m+ we would and probably should demand for him.

He is the best outfield performer we've had since van Persie 12/13.
We would turn down £200m. I'm certain of it.

LouisDanGaal

He could arguably have been on the shortlist for POTY, let alone YPOTY.
At the time of the voting I think he only had 6 premier league goals and he was looking a bit worn out, he certainly had a quiet patch for a stretch of games around then, now he's come back really strong, I think currently he's playing even better than that dynamite start he had. In all competitions he would belong in the 6 but prem alone not for me.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
People arguing for his POTY nomination are acting premature. He just oozes class and potential and already have some world-class attributes (mainly his dribbling), but he still isn't the finished product and Kane, Mahrez, Kante; Vardy, Alli, De Gea (United POTY) - all contributed more to the more successful teams

It's a shame that he didn't get nominated as a YPOTY but, again, it's wrong to use his all-comp stats to hype his league season. His league stats are still fantastic for such a young player (11 + 3 via whoscored), but it's a wrong perspective.

jem

We would turn down £200m. I'm certain of it.
Honestly, I think I would quit watching us if we sold him (not that I think there is any realistic chance of it happening.) Obviously no player is bigger than the club, but that would be so demoralizing....

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
With the amount we've relied on him, easy to forget the Liverpool goal happened in this season. He seems so mature and has taken on the focal point role so well, it's hard to believe he's only 20. Watched a skills highlight of his season and it's frustrating that his numbers would have been far better if the anyone else performed half as well. Can see him impressing at the Euros with that much talent around him if they give him minutes.

Bwuk

If he stays on the left and Zlatan does come in, he will get an absolute barrowload of assists by having Zlatan in the middle.

Red Stone

Without him we'd have struggled to crack double figures in the league. He's at the heart of every dangerous attack we manage to conjure up.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The kids is going to be the poster boy of the club for many years.
Martial is so good he can ping it off Rooney's legs to score. :drool:
he already did it off his chest, why not his leg too?

Acole9

Outstanding
Class yet again, he really ups the tempo of our game. Although that isn't exactly hard to do.

Fer

I know most of the caf say that he will end up as striker in a couple of years. However, I really enjoy to watch him on the left. I hope we can sign someone that can do the same on the right.

Womp

idiot
I know most of the caf say that he will end up as striker in a couple of years. However, I really enjoy to watch him on the left. I hope we can sign someone that can do the same on the right.
Sane could be that for us imo. Whether or not we can get him is another issue all together, gotta get in before City etc. come sniffing.

VanGaalEra

He's incredible, playing one two's, taking players on, assisting and scoring goals!

Can't wait to see him develop further.

PS - how can we see what games he's scored and assisted in? I see other sites have him on 8 assists this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.