Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VanGaalEra

No, it does not. I checked the stats for this season, and here:
1 assist each against Sunderland (3-0), West Brom (2-0), Swansea (2-1), Stoke(3-0), Shrewsbury (3-0) , Everton (2-1)
2 assists vs Derby (3-0), West Ham (2-0),

Apart from this, he has 2 for Monaco, 1(2?) for France. So that would be 13 assists overall.

Edit: Just realized that all the games Martial has had an assist in, United have won. :D
Another assist, another win :drool:

LouisDanGaal

The amount of comments are getting lower, we are getting used to how good he is, I was worried this would happen. Great for the first goal, great link up for the mata penalty incident too.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The amount of comments are getting lower, we are getting used to how good he is, I was worried this would happen. Great for the first goal, great link up for the mata penalty incident too.
It's to be expected, really. Not much to say when you're best player plays to a good standard - most of the De Gea thread is actually about him leaving and not about how good he has been this season.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
I can't wait to see Martial with Shaw backing him up next season.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
His last month has been incredible, he has been great in every aspect of the game.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
His overall stats for the season, notwithstanding Saturday's game, are really really impressive for a first year in a new team especially given the context in which he arrived. More than his stats, his composure, how he dealt with this first year, being over used, the bout of fatigue he had a little while ago, all show huge maturity which bode well for the future. He's going to be world class.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I can't wait to see Martial with Shaw backing him up next season.
It makes such a difference for an inside forward to be supported by the LB. The reason why Martial got space for his assist was CBJ actually got forward, high up the pitch and stretched the defence out. Our fullbacks aren't risky enough and it means Martial has to do too much. I think that's why Memphis struggled so much too, he used to have Willems flying forward in tandem with him, since Shaw got injured none of them have done a good enough job supporting the attack.

LouisDanGaal

It's to be expected, really. Not much to say when you're best player plays to a good standard - most of the De Gea thread is actually about him leaving and not about how good he has been this season.
Yeah definitely to be expected. I think we will see a lot more traffic in here after Saturday, see him having a stormer and winning us the FA cup and everyone losing it hopefully.

JackXX

Looking back at his season it's incredible how he has done really. Arrived with a huge weight on his shoulders with the price tag, new country, new club, totally different league but he hit the ground running and didn't look back. He's our best player along with DDG. You see all of these excuses of players needing to adapt and whilst they are valid on occasions he has shown how special players like him face adversity, take on new challenges and thrive on it. I think he will only get better.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
His form the last month has definately stepped up again and that's not just his goals, he's just the heart of anything positive that happens in this team. I have no doubt that if he shows up this weekened the cup is ours.

ants7

One of the rare positives in post-Fergie era. If he's that good at the moment, what will he be in a few years time? And when will Real Madrid come and get what they think is theirs by god-given rights?

sugar_kane

Seemed to be adding some new elements to his game last night... seemed intent on trying the chip into the box, for example. Will be so exciting to see how this lad develops.

Raw

Yet Hazard gets POTY and Martial doesn't even get nominated for YPOTY.

Not saying Martial should have got POTY, mind.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Seemed to be adding some new elements to his game last night... seemed intent on trying the chip into the box, for example. Will be so exciting to see how this lad develops.
It's strange isn't it. I haven't seen our players do any sort of chip passes before, not for a long time anyway. All of a sudden Rooney, Martial and Mata are dinking balls left right and centre :lol: They really work too, when you've got a deep defence like that it's easier going over than trying to thread it through tiny spaces. Wish we would do more of those!

YouOnlyLiveTwice

He is just fan-fecking-tastic. How can he be so good at such a young age? Scary to think how good he will be at 26.

We need to buy some proper world class players to match what he can do.

Trizy

He's incredible, playing one two's, taking players on, assisting and scoring goals!

Can't wait to see him develop further.

PS - how can we see what games he's scored and assisted in? I see other sites have him on 8 assists this season?
Whoscored

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He's been great for his first season, never even thought for once second, when he was transfered, that he was going to perform like this. The best thing about it is that he has many things he can still improve on, the potential is very scary :drool:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He's scarily good at the age of 20. Think it's fair to say there's a potential 30/40-goals-a-season player in him.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He's been great for his first season, never even thought for once second, when he was transfered, that he was going to perform like this. The best thing about it is that he has many things he can still improve on, the potential is very scary :drool:
And you thought that he was overrated:nono:. Now, I will take all the credits for his last month, since my "negative" post he has done what I wanted to see from him. Since you are reading me, well done Anthony.;)

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
It's strange isn't it. I haven't seen our players do any sort of chip passes before, not for a long time anyway. All of a sudden Rooney, Martial and Mata are dinking balls left right and centre :lol: They really work too, when you've got a deep defence like that it's easier going over than trying to thread it through tiny spaces. Wish we would do more of those!
Yep, Barcelona are using them all the time.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
And you thought that he was overrated:nono:. Now, I will take all the credits for his last month, since my "negative" post he has done what I wanted to see from him. Since you are reading me, well done Anthony.;)
Not overrated but definitely overpriced (which I still think he was).

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Yet Hazard gets POTY and Martial doesn't even get nominated for YPOTY.

Not saying Martial should have got POTY, mind.
Which makes me wonder why don't they just do the POTY and YPOTY award at the very end of the season rather than when there is still 2 months to go. Now his form at the tail end of the season goes unnoticed and missed on an award(I believe Martial should have won the YPOTY one).

He's got stats comparable to Hazard last season which won him the POTY award and similar ones to Mahrez this season(someone needs to check this but I'm sure they aren't that very far off goals and assists stats)

Raw

Which makes me wonder why don't they just do the POTY and YPOTY award at the very end of the season rather than when there is still 2 months to go. Now his form at the tail end of the season goes unnoticed and missed on an award(I believe Martial should have won the YPOTY one).

He's got stats comparable to Hazard last season which won him the POTY award and similar ones to Mahrez this season(someone needs to check this but I'm sure they aren't that very far off goals and assists stats)
Mahrez has 17 goals and 10 assists in the league (contributing to 27 goals). Martial has 11 goals and 4 assists in the league (contributing to 15). Mahrez is pretty far off in comparison.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly

Yeah there's still quite a gap between Mahrez and Martial's stats to be fair.

LouisDanGaal

Mahrez has 17 goals and 10 assists in the league (contributing to 27 goals). Martial has 11 goals and 4 assists in the league (contributing to 15). Mahrez is pretty far off in comparison.
I think Santoryo is counting all competitions in which yes it is pretty close but Martial has played more games and got good stats in the FA cup.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Yeah you're right, Mahrez is far off in the league but overall they don't seem far apart. Shame the POTY award is for the league only.

By the way what are the best stats overall for players in the Prem. Let's say the top 5 or 10 stats(goals + assists) for Premiere league players this year(all comp). I just want to see how Martial fairs in this category overall. He should be top 5 I'm sure of it.

Last edited:

Raw

Yeah you're right, Mahrez is far off in the league but overall they don't seem far apart. Shame the POTY award is for the league only.

By the way what are the best stats overall for players in the Prem. Let's say the top 5 or 10 stats(goals + assists) for Premiere league players this year(all comp). I just want to see how Martial fairs in this category overall. He should be top 5 I'm sure of it.
No way near top 5, Martial is joint 12th in combined goals and assists.

Assists stats do seem to differ across different websites though.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
It's just really incredible how good Mahrez/Vardy were this season, just out of the blue they started to play like worldclass players. :houllier:

Santoryo

ripping the reward
No way near top 5, Martial is joint 12th in combined goals and assists.

Assists stats do seem to differ across different websites though.
I was talking overall, not just the league(as mentioned in my previous posts). I believe overall Martial has contributed to 27 goals this season which I think would put him in the top 5 or at least top 10. I think the stats you just showed are League only.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Still you have to put it in perspective. Scoring and assisting in a team that doesn't score much is a feat on it's own. He usually only gets 1 good chance in a game and most of the time he scores that chance. Under a different manager with a better team and playing as the main striker he can have much greater numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.