6.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerch

I must say he is great, that bright light which still makes me watching United week in week out. I really don't even think about what would be with us if we wouldn't sign him. I can't care less how much we spend for him, I would cared if we would spend 10 times more then we did.

NJM78

Another season of us being shite under this fraud I could see him being tempted away by a top club that actually knows how to play good attacking football and challenge for leagues and the CL. He is a star in the making.

Bojan11

Imagine if this transfer didn't happen on the last day. I shudder to think where we would be.

LouisDanGaal

The vibe in this thread is so much nicer, I don't want to go anywhere else on the site due to the warranted negativity, but for a player to still give us such great optimism while we are in the worst moment of our season really is something special.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
He might reach 20/10 the way he is going. Amazing coming from the left.

m1y2

imagine how good he will be when we get rid of that dutchbag and start to click again, wonder if he's still here when it happens

Winrar

at this point it's stating the obvious, but we would be below chelsea in the league table if it wasn't for this guy and DDG.

RRCE

An absolute joy to watch, this kid. As many others have said, he's been a ray of sunshine in an otherwise dark season. I look forward to watching him develop. His potential really is scary.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Pretty amazing goal + assist tally considering he has mostly played on the left and is part of an LvG team that offers him virtually no support... Just imagine how good this kid will be in a few years with a functioning side :drool: Truly is one of the best u21 players of the past 15 years.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I must say he is great, that bright light which still makes me watching United week in week out. I really don't even think about what would be with us if we wouldn't sign him. I can't care less how much we spend for him, I would cared if we would spend 10 times more then we did.
He really is the only positive Thing the LVG era brought to us.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Remember Martial vs Depay thread in the beginning of the season? Everyone was telling how Depay will have a better season, but there is a slight chance that Martial will become a better player.

Well.

Now our team is basically him and De Gea. Hopefully Shaw will come back close to his summer level, then we'll have three world beaters, a couple of players that can be elevated to the good level by strong partners (Smalling; and I still have hope for at least one of Schneiderlin/Herrera, I adore the latter even though his last season form looks like a purple patch now).

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
WE hung on to Rooney and Ronaldo when we were utterly crap during 03-05. We should be fine.
We weren't anywhere near this bad.

It's probably too early to worry about losing a 20 year old right now, but we need to sort ourselves out quickly because a club not being at the level of it's players is not something that ends well. He's the sort of talent who, if fulfills his potential, deserves to play for one of Europe's elite, so we better make sure we are one of Europe's elite by then.

Robbie Boy

17 goals and 10 assists now despite playing in an absolute mess of a team / system.

Honestly, can you imagine this guy playing under a good manager in a fluid, organised, attacking system! If he can achieve those numbers this season, he's clearly capable of so much more. There's only so much the lad can do by himself and eh, he's only 20, madness.

amolbhatia50k

17 goals and 10 assists now despite playing in an absolute mess of a team / system.

Honestly, can you imagine this guy playing under a good manager in a fluid, organised, attacking system! If he can achieve those numbers this season, he's clearly capable of so much more. There's only so much the lad can do by himself and eh, he's only 20, madness.
He would have had at at least 22 goals and 15 assists.

He's a magical player.

Robbie Boy

He would have had at at least 22 goals and 15 assists.

He's a magical player.
I honestly think he could have been nearer the 30 mark goals wise, in a functional team that has some semblance of cohesion in the attacking third with some actual playmakers that can pick out a pass.

Parma Dewol

What else is there to say about our Tony Martial? What a player. Glides over the ground effortlessly. Almost has a Zidane/Bergkamp-like ability to beat you without you knowing.

And he's still so young. We've had a lot of youngsters exceed expectations this season, but this kid is the pick of the bunch. Would not be at all surprised if he goes on to be one of the best in the world, and I hope he serves as the driving force for the other youngsters around him to learn their trade.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
What a player. It really is shocking to think where we'd be if we hadn't signed him. I remember our manager saying he one for the future, he's already our best outfield player.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
17 goals and 10 assists is a fantastic return.

Godfather

What a player. It really is shocking to think where we'd be if we hadn't signed him. I remember our manager saying he one for the future, he's already our best outfield player.
He really is. And as much as I love the lad and I really do but this just shouldn't be the case. We should have players leading him. Like our freaking captain who is well past it.

The United

Don't you love people scaring of our 'good' players leaving to other teams coz we are shit. Then, more or less same people would come and say we don't want top 4 so that the manager gets sacked. Then tell you that we are a top team and should be signing this and that and we should act like a top team.

Irony.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Along with De Gea only player that has turned up all season for us. Would love to see him in a fully functional attacking United team. Unless things change play style/managerial wise he won't be here for long.

DenisIrwin

He's too young to handle being our best player. It'll go to his head. Bound to. We're going to have to splash the cash again on a big name so he has someone to look up to.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
He's too young to handle being our best player. It'll go to his head. Bound to. We're going to have to splash the cash again on a big name so he has someone to look up to.
Hope t does go to his head and he destroyed the defence and Herrera yesterday. Shit on Schneiderlin as well while he's at it.

amolbhatia50k

I do feel for him.

* Scored the opening goal in the big decider vs Wolfsburg.

* Scored the injury time winner against Everton in the FA Cup Semi-Final.

* Scored the two goals to completely change the game and put us in the lead in the Top 4 decider.

Only one of those can still be meaningful. He's done his bit in all the crunch games. The rest have not.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Repeated at the weekend that he wants to be here for many years. I think the posts saying he's off should stop. I don't know why they annoy me.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Let's not transfer the negativity in here as well. He's only 20, we signed him for an absolute fortune and won't be going anywhere. Let's just enjoy one of the few bright sparks of this abysmal season.

Status
Not open for further replies.