Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

championo

Top Stalker
My only concern is his work rate when we did not have the ball. That was not good to see. I wonder if he is not happy about something, does he want to play in the middle?

yfoFC

Is it possible to start thread banning agenda posters? The complete lack of rationality with some posters is simply unacceptable.
I see you've gotten tired of having to constantly defend against some of these quite ridiculous comments

Can't believe some of the nonsense I'm seeing being spewed on here

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I see you've gotten tired of having to constantly defend against some of these quite ridiculous comments

I don't even waste my time with stupid agenda posters because they're either on my ignore list or I just ignore the post in question if I see it. My grip is that agenda posting is derailing threads and preventing people from talking about real main talking point because everyone is too busy trying to educate said troll or agenda poster.

Right now we should be talking about how Martial actually did in the game but the conversation has gone the usual way when some posters throw in their agenda driven input. Just wish some obvious agenda posters would get thread banned to avoid further derailing.

yfoFC

Yet the goal was created by Lingard, Pogba and Rashford.
Haha, so martial should be blamed for Pogba and Rashford missing chances he created right?

Martial created more chances than both of the other attackers today (I'm pretty certain even combining them so...)

RMD83

In attack or in defence?

Tell me how many chances Lingard created this match... I'll name 3 for Martial
In attack hence the words “In attack” Lingard was a better outlet. Not that I have said either were poor or that this has to become a Lingard v martial debate either. But by all means keep your 3 martial chances to yourself as I watched the game as well. Neither were great and I could fully understand why martial got hooked first instead of Lingard.

InfiniteBoredom

Saying Lingard ‘created’ that goal is preposterous, he intercepted a bad pass and flicked it onto Pogba, who did all the heavy lifting.

Martial could easily have an assist this game had Lingard himself or Pogba was successful with their attempt. Even then, it wouldnt change his overall rating today, which is an average performance with a few bright spots but ultimately not involved enough. A touch compilation would bear that out.

yfoFC

My only concern is his work rate when we did not have the ball. That was not good to see. I wonder if he is not happy about something, does he want to play in the middle?
That's just the way he plays as he doesn't have the lungs of Rashford and conversely Rashford doesn't have his finesse..

They both have their strengths and weaknesses and we should just enjoy both as they are now and hope they cut out their weaknesses overtime.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
As long as Martial remain a threat and create chances he'll get picked up which is something some don't seem to understand. The game is about more than assists and goals which he'll score plenty more anyways.

Just watching the games since Ole took over I'm sure Martial has probably created more chances than anyone in the team. Even this game he created the most chances.

Despite not scoring the past few games he's still showing g his threat and most importantly, he's still very creative which is what he's supposed to do. If he can still produce this level of threat in his quiet games then we've got something good going.

Janson

Don't worry, he's used to it. He's been defending him for years.

haram

You are free to think Lingard was average as well. It's like any criticism of Martial and people lash out in here.

yfoFC

In attack hence the words “In attack” Lingard was a better outlet. Not that I have said either were poor or that this has to become a Lingard v martial debate either. But by all means keep your 3 martial chances to yourself as I watched the game as well. Neither were great and I could fully understand why martial got hooked first instead of Lingard.
Martial got hooked because of lingard's better defensive game

Attacking wise he did nowhere near as good as martial, fact.

BaseFishing

Thought he was pretty good, better than Lingard, not as good as Herrera, Rash and Pogba. Don't see anything else to say, definitely doesn't deserve ay criticism after that performance. Also doesn't deserve any great praise. Just a good performance, moving on to the next one.

LoveFootball

That's what I saw as well but someone will tell us how he "created" our goal..
Someone is already crediting him for the goal. Why not credit everyone who was involved in the build up before that Pogba's pass then? :lol:

Santoryo

ripping the reward
So you're just going to dismiss the creativity Martial brings in order to drag a ppoint that doesn't make sense. Martial easily created the most chance in a game where he was supposedly quiet, don't you see the importance of having him as a player?.

In the second half he got hooked off because we'd been pin back and it was mostly all defending and Lingard would obviously fare in that area much better.

It's amazing how easily you dismiss creativity as nothing, especially for an attacking player.

Mcking

He was far from poor. Created some chances and was a threat in the first half. Faded as the game went on as is usually the case.

yfoFC

As long as Martial remain a threat and create chances he'll get picked up which is something some don't seem to understand. The game is about more than assists and goals which he'll score plenty more anyways.

Just watching the games since Ole took over I'm sure Martial has probably created more chances than anyone in the team. Even this game he created the most chances.

Despite not scoring the past few games he's still showing g his threat and most importantly, he's still very creative which is what he's supposed to do. If he can still produce this level of threat in his quiet games then we've got something good going.
This

LoveFootball

You are free to think Lingard was average as well. It's like any criticism of Martial and people lash out in here.
You're here attacking Martial who was better than Lingard but credit the later for the goal when he's nothing to do with it. You can love a player without trying to alternate reality.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Our team with Martial > our team without Martial. The end.

Canagel

I don't even waste my time with stupid agenda posters because they're either on my ignore list or I just ignore the post in question if I see it. My grip is that agenda posting is derailing threads and preventing people from talking about real main talking point because everyone is too busy trying to educate said troll or agenda poster.

Right now we should be talking about how Martial actually did in the game but the conversation has gone the usual way when some posters throw in their agenda driven input. Just wish some obvious agenda posters would get thread banned to avoid further derailing.
It's an absolute disgrace. The concept of good performance without goal/assist is alien to some posters.

haram

You're here attacking Martial who was better than Lingard but credit the later for the goal when he's nothing to do with it. You can love a player without trying to alternate reality.
Not even attacking Martial. This is what I mean about this thread. Lingard did contribute to our goal, sorry.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Quiet game but then you expect your attacking players to be relatively quite in the big games against the best sides. Still had his moments

Santoryo

ripping the reward
It's an absolute disgrace. The concept of good performance without goal/assist is alien to some posters.
It's quite funny how this same forum has a boner for Hazard and always bring up his creativity to dismiss hos relatively low stats numbers(goal or assists wise) compared to other top and elite players. But when it comes to their own they dismiss their creativity and want to stick solely on numbers.

For some reasons Martial creativity is trying to be dismissed by some posters for some odd reasons wit one most likely just being agenda posting.

LoveFootball

Not even attacking Martial. This is what I mean about this thread. Lingard did contribute to our goal, sorry.
As did anyone who touched the ball before the goal; don't forget to credit Lloris too for letting the ball go through, ... and the Tottenham defenders for playing such a high line making that counter possible. Where do we stop?

haram

As did anyone who touched the ball before the goal; don't forget to credit Lloris too for letting the ball go through, ... and the Tottenham defenders for playing such a high line making that counter possible. Where do we stop?
"The defensive job Jesse does and the pass from Paul was half the goal".

From Ole himself. Bye.

yfoFC

Why don't you quote me and let's finish our discussion instead of of taking passive shots?

First off, you were the one to bring in Lingard and Rashford into this discussion and comparing them directly with martial

That's a 6/10 performance at most. Lingard and Rashford with all the work rate and movement.
I simply countered regarding Martial's better creativity which is what attackers should be judged on and not "work rate and movement"

Then you somehow wanted to credit Lingard for our goal when it's clear he did not offer anything creatively

That's one of the most reaching posts I've ever encountered on this forum, you could have just conceded that all Lingard offered above martial is "hard work" which should never be the standard by which we judge a Manchester United's attacker

So my stating the fact that martial had the best creativity amongst our forwards means I'm lashing out and Lingard is average? By the gods..

Foxbatt

Martial had a decent game. He most probably would have scored if Lingard had the laid the ball to him instead of blasting over the bar. He created 3 chances. He got hooked off because we were under the cosh and needed somebody who can hold the ball up and Lukaku was the only choice with the absence of Fellaini.

RMD83

So you're just going to dismiss the creativity Martial brings in order to drag a ppoint that doesn't make sense. Martial easily created the most chance in a game where he was supposedly quiet, don't you see the importance of having him as a player?.

In the second half he got hooked off because we'd been pin back and it was mostly all defending and Lingard would obviously fare in that area much better.

It's amazing how easily you dismiss creativity as nothing, especially for an attacking player.
Please read my two posts again and explain how you have come to these sensational conclusions. I dismiss creativity? Lingard was the more influential player today yes! That is my opinion. Clearly the opinion of the manger today as well. Lingard offered more in attack and over all. What’s the problem? Both great players, martial is the better on his day but he wasn’t today. I get the impression you like martial a little too much!

haram

Why don't you quote me and let's finish our discussion instead of of taking passive shots?

First off, you were the one to bring in Lingard and Rashford into this discussion and comparing them directly with martial

I simply countered regarding Martial's better creativity which is what attackers should be judged on and not "work rate and movement"

Then you somehow wanted to credit Lingard for our goal when it's clear he did not offer anything creatively

That's one of the most reaching posts I've ever encountered on this forum, you could have just conceded that all Lingard offered above martial is "hard work" which should never be the standard by which we judge a Manchester United's attacker

So my stating the fact that martial had the best creativity amongst our forwards means I'm lashing out and Lingard is average? By the gods..
No, I meant people were free to think Lingard was average. I said Martial was a 6/10 at max and that the work rate and movement was offered by Rashford and Lingard. I dont think any of that is controversial. People are acting like I attacked Martial.

On Lingard, it isn't just hard work, it's positioning and movement as well. He has to read the pass and instantly lay it off to Pogba. Jesse himself was playing in an unfamiliar position and it was him that triggered the attack.

LoveFootball

"The defensive job Jesse does and the pass from Paul was half the goal".

From Ole himself. Bye.
Is he praising Jesse for his attacking display? Nobody denies that he did a job defensively, it's his offensive contribution that is getting scrutinized.

Canagel

No, I meant people were free to think Lingard was average. I said Martial was a 6/10 at max and that the work rate and movement was offered by Rashford and Lingard. I dont think any of that is controversial. People are acting like I attacked Martial.

On Lingard, it isn't just hard work, it's positioning and movement as well. He has to read the pass and instantly lay it off to Pogba.
We had more fast breaks in one game than 17 this season under Mourinho. They weren't all by Rashford.
It's same old bullshit about martial workrate and nothing objective about his performance

yfoFC

On Lingard, it isn't just hard work, it's positioning and movement as well. He has to read the pass and instantly lay it off to Pogba. Jesse himself was playing in an unfamiliar position and it was him that triggered the attack.
Your initial post

That's a 6/10 performance at most. Lingard and Rashford with all the work rate and movement.

Reads like an attack on Martial tbf like he was just a passenger and putting the other two above him so you gotta understand people's reactions

Anyways, you won't get Rashford and Lingard work rate from martial and you also won't get Martial's "level" of finesse and creativity from them either which to many is the more critical standard to hold an attacker by

Anyways, I don't want to overflog this issue.. You see his performance as a 6/10 while I and some others see it more of a 7/10 especially when we were still attacking. To each his own

Status
Not open for further replies.