5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

The thread title should be changed to warn upcoming posters to not say Martial was poor in any game I guess. Either says he's great or don't replay.

E-mal

People are just been irrational. He had an OK performance. If that is his bare minimum then is OK by me.
Lots of people on the caf have a splitting defense mechanism. Is always extreme with them.

Greck

He was good today. Definitely wasn't a poor game by even the harshest criteria

Canagel

The thread title should be changed to warn upcoming posters to not say Martial was poor in any game I guess. Either says he's great or don't replay.
He wasn't poor. Stop overreacting and be rational.

E-mal

No, your post is not rational in anyway.
He had an OK performance. Personally felt he was better than Lingard who himself was not poor. Just take a breath and be more rational about his performance.

el3mel

He wasn't poor. Stop overreacting and be rational.
I'm rational. I said he should keep playing and not getting dropped, but he was poor. That was obvious to see and there's no harm in seeing he was poor. People in this thread and this thread only get offended whenever he's getting criticized it's funny, so if it's not allowed we should know from now.

Has been the case for a long time now in this thread.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Right? Solid 7/10 performance, wasn't imposing, but created a number of chances.
Agreed.

No, your post is not rational in anyway.
He had an OK performance. Personally felt he was better than Lingard who himself was not poor. Just take a breath and be more rational about his performance.
Yep he was better than Lingard. Also agree that Lingard wasnt poor either. Poor is when you mess up moves and struggle to make an impact. Our front three particularly in the first half was making an impact. Just because a player doesn't score or assist doesnt mean they were poor.

snk123

or maybe people should avoid spouting BS so that others take their opinion respectfully.

snk123

I think only Lukaku was poor today when he came on. Everyone had a minimum OK performance including Big Phil Jones

Canagel

I'm rational. I said he should keep playing and not getting dropped, but he was poor. That was obvious to see and there's no harm in seeing he was poor. People in this thread and this thread only get offended whenever he's getting criticized it's funny, so if it's not allowed we should know from now.

Has been the case the case for a long time now in this thread.
How was he poor? Can you explain?
If a player is not 10/10 like DDG was for example doesn't mean they were poor. By that same judgment we had lots of poor performances then. Herrera, Lingard, Matic, Martial..

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought he was excellent and a constant threat in the first half. Tired in the second but had very good moments all the same. Suits the 433 we are using now.

LoveFootball

With this style we're playing, he's not good on the wing, play him centrally. He's not a winger.

el3mel

How was he poor? Can you explain?
If a player is not 10/10 like DDG was for example doesn't mean they were poor. By that same judgment we had lots of poor performances then. Herrera, Lingard, Matic, Martial..
Not this logic again, so since other players were poor or average we shouldn't say he was poor ? Why is this logic not applied to other players then ? Should I go to Lingard thread and says he was ok as the rest was poor ? I'll never get this logic that seems to work for some players but not the others.

He had some flashes but overall didn't affect the game much and was generally average at best today. Nothing irrational or agenda driven. He should keep playing and not getting dropped but there's no harm in saying he's poor when he's.

People need to accept he's like any other player since this sport was invented can have some poor games from time to time.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Poor? who the feck are these clowns watching the game... he was solid today. He wasn't perfect but he was a threat throughout the first half and had a number of eye-catching moments. He linked up very well with Pogba and Shaw throughout and was a reliable outlet in possession... he simply ran out of gas by the end as we needed players with a more two-way game by the end as Spurs were going all out attack. 7/10.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Played decent, had multiple good moments and had periods where he switched off. I think it's fair to say that him being 'held back' by the previous manager doesn't hold water, he's the same player as before. Players like Rashford, Pogba and Matic have done complete U-turns. Martial still struggles with attacking space, loses his man when the team are defending regularly and struggles with lasting the whole 90 minutes.

Kapardin

Played decent, had multiple good moments and had periods where he switched off. I think it's fair to say that him being 'held back' by the previous manager doesn't hold water, he's the same player as before. Players like Rashford, Pogba and Matic have done complete U-turns. Martial still struggles with attacking space, loses his man when the team are defending regularly and struggles with lasting the whole 90 minutes.
He wasn't held back, he was just dropped unfairly for Sanchez and never got a fair crack at starting.

RMD83

He was ok today, nothing more. Deserved to be subbed. It was a cagey game going forward today for us and he was decent at times. He offered less than Lingard in attack and he was the logical one to go off.

Walters_19_MuFc

The problem with Martial is that he doesnt want to run in behind. He wants everything to feet, which in a game like today, is pretty ineffective.

Thats the difference between he and Rashford and why Rashford will get in behind a lot more.

That said, he was ok when he got on the ball. Had a few good dribbles and his passing is underrated.

I just think if he wants to be more involved he needs to work off his movement off the ball.

haram

That's a 6/10 performance at most. Lingard and Rashford with all the work rate and movement.

Sauldogba

I would class that performance as a mix of mostly terrible with a bit of decent here and there.

Sloppy passing,slowed us the hell down,terrible job of tracking back and marking (Pogba had a right go at him for it) with a decent threat on the counter.

4/10 for me.

I would class that performance as a mix of mostly terrible with a bit of decent here and there.

Sloppy passing,slowed us the hell down,terrible job of tracking back and marking (Pogba had a right go at him for it) with a decent threat on the counter.

4/10 for me.
Yet he created chances for us in the first half. Was good in the first half.

Canagel

Not this logic again, so since other players were poor or average we shouldn't say he was poor ? Why is this logic not applied to other players then ? Should I go to Lingard thread and says he was ok as the rest was poor ? I'll never get this logic that seems to work for some players but not the others.

He had some flashes but overall didn't affect the game much and was generally average at best today. Nothing irrational or agenda driven. He should keep playing and not getting dropped but there's no harm in saying he's poor when he's.

People need to accept he's like any other player since this sport was invented can have some poor games from time to time.
Where did I say other players were poor and avearge? That's your judgement, not mine. The front three were all very good and each contributed to our most positive attacking display in a big match for years - 1st half. Lingard should've done better with his chance but was very good otherwise and so was Martial. very direct in 1st half forcing stop from their GK and created best chance of game with brilliant individual move from left which Pogba should've buried.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He wasn't held back, he was just dropped unfairly for Sanchez and never got a fair crack at starting.
Good thing I'm not addressing that then.

There was always a lingering excuse in this thread when he had an off game about being at odds with the manager, that's gone and he's no different (ie Newcastle). That being said, posters in this thread would deflect endlessly when Martial had an off game, it's the left backs fault, he's a striker, we weren't attacking enough, no right winger etc.

Johan07

With this style we're playing, he's not good on the wing, play him centrally. He's not a winger.
He did not play on the wing. We played two upfront today with a diamond midfield behind Martial and Rashford. Lingard looked good at the point of the diamond as well.

Bola

Did ok, but not great today.

Quite liked the composure to hold onto the ball in their box and lay off a nice pass for the Pogba shot

Happy with this front 3 for now, but Sanchez will be breathing down his neck

LoveFootball

He did not play on the wing. We played two upfront today with a diamond midfield behind Martial and Rashford. Lingard looked good at the point of the diamond as well.
He was on the wings, switching positions doesn't change anything from were he was playing.

And Lingard didn't look good, he was average at best.

Johan07

He was on the wings, switching positions doesn't change anything from were he was playing.

And Lingard didn't look good, he was average at best.
Did you watch the game?
We played a diamond midfield with Matic holding and Lingard at the point.
Or maybe you know better than Solskjaer himself who just praised how the switch to a diamond worked out excellently and praised Lingard for his "new" role.
But maybe you know better?

LoveFootball

Did you watch the game?
We played a diamond midfield with Matic holding and Lingard at the point.
Or maybe you know better than Solskjaer himself who just praised how the switch to a diamond worked out excellently and praised Lingard for his "new" role.
But maybe you know better?
The switch when Martial was subbed for Lukaku?

Johan07

The switch when Martial was subbed for Lukaku?
No, then we went to playing one up front and sat back. We played a diamond from the start.
But I get it: you did not watch the game. You should take our own manager´s word for it though.

yfoFC

He was ok today, nothing more. Deserved to be subbed. It was a cagey game going forward today for us and he was decent at times. He offered less than Lingard in attack and he was the logical one to go off.
In attack or in defence?

Tell me how many chances Lingard created this match... I'll name 3 for Martial

JohnnyKills

Was poor today. His off-the-ball movement and defensive work has to improve. The amount of times you see him stood completely still, watching the play go by around him, is ridiculous.

There's a massive talent in there but starting to think he isn't the player for us long-term. He'll get plenty of goals and assist but he seems unable to grasp a game and influence it.

yfoFC

That's a 6/10 performance at most. Lingard and Rashford with all the work rate and movement.
With none of his creativity which you know, is the key yardstick most people use to judge attackers..

Devil may care

He was decent in the first half, didn't get on the ball as much in the 2nd half but picked Pogba out for our best chance. He's never going to run around like a blue arse fly, whether that will be a problem for Ole or whomever the next manager is, remains to be seen.

LoveFootball

No, then we went to playing one up front and sat back. We played a diamond from the start.
But I get it: you did not watch the game. You should take our own manager´s word for it though.
Good for you who watched the game then.

Status
Not open for further replies.