5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban

Love those stats, that showed us. He's actually good, right? Him not running and disappearing didn't happen. Maybe his Agency can clarify.

Revaulx

Many seem to have forgotten that Martial actually played well under Jose’s tough love regime in the months prior to Sanchez’s signing. I suppose this doesn’t fit either the Jose or Martial fanboys’ narratives.

Not that any of that is any excuse for Martial having a bad attitude now, if it’s indeed true that he has.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I remember there being loads since he joined.
One of our best chance creators I believe. When he's on form his link up play is very good.
Official PL stats have him down for just 2 assists and 3 "big chances" created. In 26 appearances. Pathetic really.

(6 and 6 from Rashford, as a comparison. Which is also a bit shit...)

Comparing that level of "creativity" with Giggs and Beckham is farcical.

pjaya

Sell him, good riddance, we don’t need these prima donna player

Yagami

Good post resistant
Official PL stats have him down for just 2 assists and 3 "big chances" created. In 26 appearances. Pathetic really.

Seems too low to me. Hes 3rd in chances created in the team behind Pogba and Young with significantly fewer minutes.

That's just this awful season. Take into account every season he's been here and I reckon his chances created stat holds up well to Beckham, Giggs, Ronaldo. Especially as they played in better teams, under a better manager with better players.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Seems too low to me. Hes 3rd in chances created in the team behind Pogba and Young with significantly fewer minutes.

That's just this awful season. Take into account every season he's been here and I reckon his chances created stat holds up well to Beckham, Giggs, Ronaldo. Especially as they played in better teams, under a better manager with better players.
3rd ... behind ... Young ...
And he's being compared with Becks and Giggs. Hilarious.

This whole Martial FC thing is basically form of a mental illness, right? That's the only rational explanation for the nonsense it's provoked over the last 18 months or so.

crossy1686

career ending
Many seem to have forgotten that Martial actually played well under Jose’s tough love regime in the months prior to Sanchez’s signing. I suppose this doesn’t fit either the Jose or Martial fanboys’ narratives.

Not that any of that is any excuse for Martial having a bad attitude now, if it’s indeed true that he has.
Everything seemed to have changed once Solskjær started telling players they weren't doing enough to honour the shirt.

When he came in and was full of praise and supportive, they were all playing for him. The second he gave one or two of them a bollocking in front the group they downed tools.

Now there's rumours he's been told by Solskjær he can go on holiday now and that he's no longer welcome at United. Seems there might be something in that seeing as his management group have started putting Martial stats out all over Twitter in a 'come and get me' plea

Raven

Giggs and Beckham were both midfielders, you'd want them to be more creative.

Yagami

Good post resistant
And he's being compared with Becks and Giggs. Hilarious.

This whole Martial FC thing is basically form of a mental illness, right? That's the only rational explanation for the nonsense it's provoked over the last 18 months or so.
You did see me say significantly less minutes, right? If he had played as much as some, hed probably overtake Pogba in chances created.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
You did see me say significantly less minutes, right? If he had played as much as some, hed probably overtake Pogba in chances created.
Nonsense. PL stats have Pogba creating over twice as many chances as Martial. He hasn't played over twice as many minutes.

Besides, why compare with Pogba? His agency have decided to compare his ability to score goals with great wingers from United's history (not strikers, you'll notice). If we compare his ability to create goals with those players (and creating goals has always been a winger's primary purpose) then it's obvious he's not fit to wash their boots.

crossy1686

career ending
Nonsense. PL stats have Pogba creating over twice as many chances as Martial. He hasn't played over twice as many minutes.

Besides, why compare with Pogba? His agency have decided to compare his ability to score goals with great wingers from United's history (not strikers, you'll notice). If we compare his ability to create goals with those players (and creating goals has always been a winger's primary purpose) then it's obvious he's not fit to wash their boots.
Up next, Martial's clean sheets compared to De Gea's, Van Der Sar's and Schmeichel's. Best goalie in the history of the club.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I have no issue with him continuing at the club, and I don't know why he is singled out as the problem. Sure he seem to be easily influenced by the negativity surrounding the club, but who hasn't been? He is one of the few players in the team I actually trust in front of goal. Easily better than Rashford, Lingard, Pereira and Mata on the wing. We don't have any other wingers either.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
because his effort and work rate are pathetic. You can't coach attitude into a player.
He is a winger or maybe even a striker. I agree he has far from been consistent enough but I honestly don't see him as a disruptive person to the team so while he might not ever be able to huff and puff as much as others he'll be able to have an impact on the game in other ways, especially if he gets a role that suits him. He should only go if we have a plan of how to play and there isn't a legit position for him. I'm not sure Rashford will be the better player for instance, based on that he runs around more. Martial needs to improve his attitude, but honestly everyone does. I've seen Rashford kick the ball out in front of goal as some sort of joke it seemed like. We need a whole cultural change and I do hope with his quality that Martial can adapt. I do think he would do very well in another club like Spurs for instance.

Yagami

Good post resistant

I compare with Pogba because he's the only player we have who can consistently create aside from Martial. POgba, at 2922 mins, has created 54 chances, and Martial at 1579 mins has created 34. Not bad, imo.

I don't think he's as good as them but, statwise, he holds his own compared to them. If he was feeding Cantona or Ruud his stats would tell a different story. Just like if they were feeding a past it Rooney or Lukaku.
its swings and roundabouts. he plays less minutes because he isn't consistent enough to hold down a place
That and he's been injured a bit.

Rusholme Ruffian

He is a winger or maybe even a striker. I agree he has far from been consistent enough but I honestly don't see him as a disruptive person to the team so while he might not ever be able to huff and puff as much as others he'll be able to have an impact on the game in other ways, especially if he gets a role that suits him. He should only go if we have a plan of how to play and there isn't a legit position for him. I'm not sure Rashford will be the better player for instance, based on that he runs around more. Martial needs to improve his attitude, but honestly everyone does. I've seen Rashford kick the ball out in front of goal as some sort of joke it seemed like. We need a whole cultural change and I do hope with his quality that Martial can adapt. I do think he would do very well in another club like Spurs for instance.
Both Martial and Rashford are a massive disappointment - I'm not sure that either of them will ever reach the very top level. At least Rashford tries though.

Very much doubt that Martial would work hard enough for a Pochettino side

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I compare with Pogba because he's the only player we have who can consistently create aside from Martial. POgba, at 2922 mins, has created 54 chances, and Martial at 1579 mins has created 34. Not bad, imo.

I don't think he's as good as them but, statwise, he holds his own compared to them. If he was feeding Cantona or Ruud his stats would tell a different story. Just like if they were feeding a past it Rooney or Lukaku.

That and he's been injured a bit.
No, he doesn’t.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I have no issue with him continuing at the club, and I don't know why he is singled out as the problem. Sure he seem to be easily influenced by the negativity surrounding the club, but who hasn't been? He is one of the few players in the team I actually trust in front of goal. Easily better than Rashford, Lingard, Pereira and Mata on the wing. We don't have any other wingers either.
He singles himself out by being - by far - the laziest player in a team that’s fecking full of lazy, work-shy turds.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He singles himself out by being - by far - the laziest player in a team that’s fecking full of lazy, work-shy turds.
Nah. Shaw, Pogba, Lukaku is at least as lazy, if not more. Then you have a few more like Matic, Lingard who sometimes is just as lazy. He doesn't single himself out.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Yeah, you're right. Still, I'd love to see him in a cohesive United team before I outright write him off like 99% of our fanbase has.
He’s undeniably talented, and just signed a new contract, so I’d like to see him do great things at United too. I could do without his agency posting carefully selected stats to give the illusion he’s been as good as his genuinely world class predecessors at United.

His lack of movement and effort on the pitch is criminal really. It’s the one thing that even players with zero natural talent can bring to a team. Maybe Ole can be the manager who finally gets him to take his finger out? The early signs aren’t too encouraging.

Classical Mechanic

AshRK

You are right he is not the sole problem, far from it but I feel over the past year the whole Martial FC crap started to irritate people. I said to one of my friends Martial;s biggest enemy us not Jose it is Martial FC crap that is going on. Again, its not his fault as he did not ask for this Martial FC thing but the way some of his fans defend him and make excuses for him is pathetic. I still think he can be a top player but he has to be consistent and justify his talent. I will give him one more season and if he doesn't show consistency and ends up with another 10-15 goals season I would sell him and look for other options.

Vanya

He behaves like kwahi leonard but doesn't have half the talent.

Can anyone imagine the likes of guardiola and klopp putting up with his terrible attitude and work rate?

They would have either changed him or he'd be shown the door.

swred

He's just got a stinking attitude, appears to be like a kid who isn't getting his own way.
After showing so much potential, it appears he CBA anymore, hopefully Ole gets rid, as the poor attitudes is making things in the team worse! (Despite the lack of quality).

UncleBob

You are right he is not the sole problem, far from it but I feel over the past year the whole Martial FC crap started to irritate people. I said to one of my friends Martial;s biggest enemy us not Jose it is Martial FC crap that is going on. Again, its not his fault as he did not ask for this Martial FC thing but the way some of his fans defend him and make excuses for him is pathetic. I still think he can be a top player but he has to be consistent and justify his talent. I will give him one more season and if he doesn't show consistency and ends up with another 10-15 goals season I would sell him and look for other options.
:lol:

"Aye, I like him as a player, but there's this knob on the internet who raves about him so yeah."

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He behaves like kwahi leonard but doesn't have half the talent.

Can anyone imagine the likes of guardiola and klopp putting up with his terrible attitude and work rate?

They would have either changed him or he'd be shown the door.
Pep's potentially kicking Sane out of City and he's 10 times the player Martial is so you can see by that how low our standards are if we're entertaining keeping him

EireRed_GS

If he's one of the lads (because there are a few bad apples in our squad) with a terrible attitude to being told what to do and having to put in a shift, then it needs to be dealt with asap. As other players and younger lads are seeing these guys acting like this and it just flows through the team, everyone of them lowering their personal standards.

If the likes of Martial have no intention of changing, just scoff at orders and simply believe in their own brand.. Get out to f*ck. Get this weak spoilt self serving toxic mentality out of my club. I don't care if they are so called potential world beaters, this is exactly what Gary Neville talked about 'weeding out'.

When i read the stories and rumours a few weeks ago about some players being annoyed at having to train at the Cliff, turning their nose up at talk of ex players/legends, and basically having a cry about being told to look for inspiration.. Martial was personally one of the ones sprung to mind unfortunately, along with the other usual suspects.

*I hope i'm completely wrong and this is a big misunderstanding and he turns it round to be a regular starter and working hard to bring us back up to the level we should be at. Something tells me theres something behind this one though

Last edited:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

I think putting out that stats is a great move. Hoping one or two mugs will compete for his signature.

Just like that Owen' brochure. Oops..

edgar allan

I think putting out that stats is a great move. Hoping one or two mugs will compete for his signature.

Just like that Owen' brochure. Oops..
We will be taking a huge hit on what we paid for him and will be paying at least half his wages for him to play for others for a few good years.

el3mel

Pep's potentially kicking Sane out of City and he's 10 times the player Martial is so you can see by that how low our standards are if we're entertaining keeping him
That's the problem. Many think some of our so called talents will improve massively under Klopp or Pep while in reality they'll be kicked out of the team as fast as possible if they ever play under any of these 2. Imagine Klopp managing his team to play such fast high energy press then finding someone like Martial sulking, jogging and not caring to run ? He would have been playing in French league by now if Klopp was his manager.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I used to defend him very frequently, but I've well and truly given up on him. He'd be one of the first I'd ship out this summer, never looks like he gives a toss. He's very clearly not the profile of player we want at the club.

Chairman Steve

I’m done with him too. He can go. Far too inconsistent but worst of all, his personality and demeanour is just the shits.

Irwin99

Could never see him putting in the workrate of Son and Moura tonight, or any of the Liverpool or City forwards.

settembrini

Could never see him putting in the workrate of Son and Moura tonight, or any of the Liverpool or City forwards.
Almost none of our players put in the workrate of the players at those clubs.

It's a bit weird to me how this performance thread is getting so much traffic after recent games when Martial hasn't played. I could understand it if we had somehow played a lot better without him in the team, but that obviously hasn't happened :(

E-mal

I think we should let the guy go, he isn't good enough and doesn't have the right attitude to compensate for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.