Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
How can you defend him today? Partly to blame for the Matic red. Should have been sprinting to cover. Ridiculous.

FromTheBench

He is not someone who will retain the ball risk free and put in a defensive shift.

He was brought on at the wrong time and that too on the right wing.

We weren't even coherently counter attacking at the time. What do you expect?

acnumber9

He is not someone who will retain the ball risk free and put in a defensive shift.

Effort?

marktan

Just don't think he's that good. Like Rashford, they're both Strikers that have been converted to wingers. I just don't feel like they've got enough experience out wide to beat men or make the right runs or passes.

He's okay but someone like Sterling or Mane is what we should be aiming for, so I wouldn't be sad to see him go.

NemanjaWhoah

On two occasions the ball was played in behind for him and he looked like he was barely jogging to get to it - just doesn't care.

joleb

He didnt play on the right for a long time. He switched to the left when Sanchez was subbed off

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Woudnt be surprised if he doesnt get more than a couple goals in the PL this season. Just looks totally gone.

FromTheBench

He tried couple of dribbles and they didn't come off while one of his breaks did from the left where he put in that outside of the foot ball at the end. How does it show lack of effort?

What was wanted from him was to not try those dribbles and just be risk free.

I think he isn't positionally aware many times and also lacks that extra effort but not sure it was truly today.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Didn't do a lot wrong in all honesty. Can't take anything away from that.

JohnnyKills

Watching that, I'm not sure Martial is lazy because of any beef with Mourinho. It seems he just hates defending.

He's certainly happy to sprint when he's got the angle on the defender and someone can play him in. If he's got a chance to take the ball in an attacking position, he seems keen enough.

Hopefully someone can get through to him, somehow, that he needs to defend as well.

el3mel

It's everyone's fault bar Martial.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
There was that moment when he almost burst through the middle from nowhere and it took a last ditch tackle to stop him.

Still seems like he's one goal away from reigniting.

Aloysius's Back 3

How is matic's red card blamed on him - there was no need to foul because the whole team was back. Matic went in when there was absolutely no space for Hughes to break to.

Effed up the move on the right - made a move on the left.

That was it & nothing else.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
aye that's because he didn't do anything at all. Hard to make a mistake when you're just watching the game in general :lol:
While of course, that's deeply hilarious, it's not really true, is it?

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Amusingly the only thing he did well came from the right wing.
Not a lot to take from the match though, except what we already knew which is he doesn't like defending.
I wouldn't solely blame him for Matic's second yellow but his laziness played a part.

FromTheBench

Watching that, I'm not sure Martial is lazy because of any beef with Mourinho. It seems he just hates defending.

He's certainly happy to sprint when he's got the angle on the defender and someone can play him in. If he's got a chance to take the ball in an attacking position, he seems keen enough.

Hopefully someone can get through to him, somehow, that he needs to defend as well.
At this point I think we should be looking to just improve him as much as we can attacking wise and getting him defensively conditioned positionally seems lost cause.

He is still ok on the pressing bit but if you ask him to do a disciplined job defensively he struggles.

I really would like to see how he would do under a Guardiola type more attacking coach. Would he take the next.level like a Sterling?

Kostur

海尔的老板
How is matic's red card blamed on him - there was no need to foul because the whole team was back. Matic went in when there was absolutely no space for Hughes to break to.

Effed up the move on the right - made a move on the left.

That was it & nothing else.
Yeah apart from the whole wing being wide open, Hughes being a left footer on a right wing with acres of space to go. You really try to peddle your hilarious agenda of Mourinho fecking him and Rashford up but your posts are always full of horrible tripe.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I don't think his laziness is a sign or consequence of him suddenly not caring for the team. He's never been particularly hard working off the ball.

SATA

Do not play him until he signs the contract. He genuinely doesn't seem interested at all but still could had score a goal

Aloysius's Back 3

Of course it is. He tried a few tricks and flicks..lost the ball and mehhhhhhh
Maybe Jose tries a way to manage the team to control a match :rolleyes:

Not lose possession on purpose then have players like martial there to defend amongst the other 10 that's shielding de gea's goal.

Martial is a rubbish defender playing for a defensive manager.

Matic's red card is due to the purposeful pressure given from Watford due to our style of football, covered by poor timing, poor recognition of who was around and of our martials poor defending.

Ban

Yeah apart from the whole wing being wide open, Hughes being a left footer on a right wing with acres of space to go. You really try to peddle your hilarious agenda of Mourinho fecking him and Rashford up but your posts are always full of horrible tripe.
Did he mention he hates Mourinho so so much?

Devil may care

Keown buried him from his first touch which admittedly was sloppy, but I thought he grew into the game and was involved in 2 of our better pieces of play today.

FromTheBench

Amusingly the only thing he did well came from the right wing.
Not a lot to take from the match though, except what we already knew which is he doesn't like defending.
I wouldn't solely blame him for Matic's second yellow but his laziness played a part.
His 2 most dangerous moments came from the left actually. One where he nearly went through on the goal and the other where he broke on the left and put in a cleber cross which just went over the top of lukaku and then Mctominay fecked up on the far post.

JohnnyKills

At this point I think we should be looking to just improve him as much as we can attacking wise and getting him defensively conditioned positionally seems lost cause.

He is still ok on the pressing bit but if you ask him to do a disciplined job defensively he struggles.

I really would like to see how he would do under a Guardiola type more attacking coach. Would he take the next.level like a Sterling?
Not sure what the answer is. Does he think that once Mourinho goes, the next guy will just let him stroll around and ignore the defensive side? Every manager will expect him to.close down and track his man

Dec9003

His 2 most dangerous moments came from the left actually. One where he nearly went through on the goal and the other where he broke on the left and put in a cleber cross which just went over the top of lukaku and then Mctominay fecked up on the far post.
The only time he got a decent pass in was from the right when he played it into Lukaku, that was more dangerous then his unlucky overhit ball imo.

Ban

Probably in every other thread with those walls of text with very little if any substance to them.
He never forgets that. As if it's not obvious from the posts.
Jose is at fault for the climate changes too.

OldSchoolManc

Stealing a living.
Needs to be sold while we can get a decent fee.
Completely overrated and I can see Memphis having a better career. He might be okay at a French club like Lyon, but he’s not got what it takes for the top level.

el3mel

Not sure how can anyone defend him at this point. Even the neutrals about Mourinho look they're getting tired of him. It's not performance issues but his lack of work rate at all.

His attitude on the pitch have been stinking since the preseason. He clearly looked like he made his mind about United since the ending of last season.

Tyinde

He must be sold. Bad relationship with your boss is one thing. unprofessionial is another thing.

Dec9003

I doubt Zidane or whoever it is will purposely let Watford have the ball so everyone can defend before 'attacking' if that's what you call it.

The next manager will hopefully control the game from start to finish - not purposely hold us back.
Martial not mentioned at any point in this post, don't we have a Mourinho out thread already?

Kostur

海尔的老板
We can also talk about what he would have done or not would have done under your Kloppos or Poops but if you look how much work off the ball Salah, Firmino, Mane, Sane, Sterling, KDB and other attacking players do for both of those, how much defensive and also off-ball offensive movement, he would have the same struggles and the same problems he does under Mourinho.

This match is no different in regard to what Martial was always displaying here, I don't think he looks disinterested or he doesn't give a shit. Off-ball game has always been his weakness, both in making the off-ball runs in attack and obviously defending.

JohnnyKills

We can also talk about what he would have done or not would have done under your Kloppos or Poops but if you look how much work off the ball Salah, Firmino, Mane, Sane, Sterling, KDB and other attacking players do for both of those, how much defensive and also off-ball offensive movement, he would have the same struggles and the same problems he does under Mourinho.

This match is no different in regard to what Martial was always displaying here, I don't think he looks disinterested or he doesn't give a shit. Off-ball game has always been his weakness, both in making the off-ball runs in attack and obviously defending.
Hopefully he sees how the squad are pulling together and decides to pitch in himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.