5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

Started out sloppy and still had the odd sloppy moment or two later on, but grew into the game and caused them problems, started to get to grips with that beastly RB and tracked back very well to help Shaw.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I'd like to see him start a couple on the trot. Improved as the game went on. Good shift both directions in the second half.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Was a bit laboured in the first half and didn't really try a lot. Jose got him and the others playing with intensity in the second half and YB couldn't live with us or Martial at times.

Martial put in a good shift in the second half. He looked low on confidence at times, but Jose will overlook the bad bits because he played with determination and was industrious. If he played like that more often then he'd have no problems getting game time. That's been the issue. I hope to see more of that from him, if he keeps it up then hopefully we'll see the same guy that rolled up in his first season here when he finds his mojo.

Bola

Some nice movement in the 2nd half, including a lovely break where Poga carried the ball and had Martial-Lukaku-Rashford going into great positions. Lovely to watch.

A bit naff in the 1st half and seemed to lack confidence when on the ball (looking for a pass instead of taking others on). Then he really upped his game in the 2nd and looked a real attacking threat.

Good performance overall, it's now up to him to take his chances and display consistency

Greck

Lol you can tell which posters are salty about not being able to bash him tonight.

Festive Sandvich

Grew in to the game and was a real handful late on, even saw him tackling back a bit too. I know Sanchez always puts a shift in, but Martial just looks more dangerous, and starts on the left for me.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Thought he looked ready for it. Needs a run of games and we do need to get our attackers to be better synced, but at the same time he needs to do a lot better constantly. Problem is, if he did, then we might use his strengths more and build our attack around them, but if he isn't showing it then how can we? He needs to make it unquestionable, again. Ups and downs is fine but he can't stop applying himself.

UncleBob

Explain yourself or don't bother lad
Like the majority of the players he has a poor first half attacking wise, his defensive contributions in terms of tracking back is the only thing worth mentioning.

In the second half, apart from a few misplaced passes, he gets the majority of his decision making correct. Makes himself available for passes, goes on runs to either get the ball or free up space for Shaw. Shows composure, gets the ball in tight situations where he's covered by 2 or more players and he still controls it nicely and passes it or goes past his marker, always looking to speed up the attacking play by playing quick one-two passes. Given his second half, which was quite good, it seems to me that it's somewhat overly harsh to suggest that there was nothing in this match showing his talents. Not sure if it should be considered as a surprise though, given that your post tonight in Rashfords performance thread is about "Martial FCers" bashing him to make Martial look better :lol:

Still don't think he's going to establish himself at United, but that's another story

MadMike

Anonymous in the first but played quite well in the second and deserved his goal. He's got a chance on the basis that Sanchez has not exactly lit up the stage either.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Like the majority of the players he has a poor first half attacking wise, his defensive contributions in terms of tracking back is the only thing worth mentioning.

In the second half, apart from a few misplaced passes, he gets the majority of his decision making correct. Makes himself available for passes, goes on runs to either get the ball or free up space for Shaw. Shows composure, gets the ball in tight situations where he's covered by 2 or more players and he still controls it nicely and passes it or goes past his marker, always looking to speed up the attacking play by playing quick one-two passes. Given his second half, which was quite good, it seems to me that it's somewhat overly harsh to suggest that there was nothing in this match showing his talents. Not sure if it should be considered as a surprise though, given that your post tonight in Rashfords performance thread is about "Martial FCers" bashing him to make Martial look better :lol:

Still don't think he's going to establish himself at United, but that's another story
He hardly did anything in reality though mate. Like I've said, he improved in the second half. It's an improvement on his many noticeably poor performances for sure. He was ok. Didn't see any point where his talent was particularly obvious though in tonight's game. Actually being able to keep up with the game doesn't count as that for me.

And that wasn't what my other post was about at all. It was pointing out the similarities between the situation but opposite reactions.

Jojo <3 Mou

Good goal. He was anonymous in the first half, but he grew into the game. I hope he is able to regain some confidence and start performing on a consistent basis.

At the moment Sanchez is not setting the world on fire so if given a chance Martial must grab it with both hands. I wouldn't drop Sanchez against Wolves as I think he offers more creativity. But, if Martial continues to perform when given the opportunity, then there will be a viable debate for playing him ahead of Alexis and I'm sure the manager will play him. At the moment, he doesn't exactly have a strong case for playing ahead of Alexis.

UncleBob

He hardly did anything in reality though mate. Like I've said, he improved in the second half. It's an improvement on his many noticeably poor performances for sure. He was ok. Didn't see any point where his talent was particularly obvious though in tonight's game. Actually being able to keep up with the game doesn't count as that for me.

And that wasn't what my other post was about at all. It was pointing out the similarities between the situation but opposite reactions.
Considering your need to throw out "Martial FC" in this thread and others, I'm sure it's not much of a surprise, and on ignore you go.

Posh Red

I just find it really hard to understand how you can be in the Rashford thread bigging up his talent, and then come in here being so reluctant to give any positive feedback for Martial after tonight's game. Martial was clearly the better performer today. Seems like you've already made your mind up.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I just find it really hard to understand how you can be in the Rashford thread bigging up his talent, and then come in here being so reluctant to give any positive feedback for Martial after tonight's game. Martial was clearly the better performer today. Seems like you've already made your mind up.
Attitude and age are the main reasons. One half doesn't change my opinion on Martial's attitude. If he actually cracks on then it will, like it should be.
And don't put words in my mouth please. Awful trait. I said Rashford had a poor game in his thread.

Considering your need to throw out "Martial FC" in this thread and others, I'm sure it's not much of a surprise, and on ignore you go.
Wade in with condescending lol emoji and no discussion and then can't handle a justified position that is hardly out there, then ignores :lol:
Please. You're the definition of Martial FC! I didn't even mention it here until you did either. Unreal.

Posh Red

Attitude and age are the main reasons. One half doesn't change my opinion on Martial's attitude. If he actually cracks on then it will, like it should be.
And don't put words in my mouth please. Awful trait. I said Rashford had a poor game in his thread.

Wade in with condescending lol emoji and no discussion and then can't handle a justified position that is hardly out there, then ignores :lol:
Please. You're the definition of Martial FC!
I didn't put words in your mouth. I said you were in the Rashford thread bigging up his talent. Which you were. Just seemed like odd timing in terms of the manner of your posts. Especially the childish 'Martial FC' comment.

Nick7

I thought he was fine. Frustrating a lot of the time. Didn't do much in the first half but was better in the second without doing a huge amount. Glad he scored, looked very apprehensive in his shot but it went in and hopefully will give him a boost.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I didn't put words in your mouth. I said you were in the Rashford thread biggie up his talent. Which you were. Just seemed like odd timing in terms of the manner of your posts. Especially the childish 'Martial FC' comment.
I bigged up his talent and gave quite justified reasons for why people are going over top with their complaints.
I've bigged up Martial's talent before too, plenty of times, but believe all complaints about him have been justified.

I simply stated that I don't believe Martial's talents were on show tonight but said he played ok. Hardly a scathing review.
This is exactly what people are talking about when they say Martial FC. You're like hounds.
There's nothing particularly bad or a crazy line of thinking here.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Funny thing is Martial has a higher rating from me on here this season. Apparently I'm biased for thinking Rashford has more about him though.

Kostov

He should start on the LW position on Saturday, Alexis can either go on the RW, or on the bench. Knowing Jose, it’s only a wet dream.

Grande

7/10 first half like we’ve seen for quite a while now, cumbersome and easily contained. Loosened up or tightened up during the game, and a very good second half. Lots of almost in the last third. The most promising was his intensity and drive, which was more reminiscent of an alexis sanchez. His close control is fantastic. Passes and finishing was a bit off at times, he’s been better at that before. If he can continue like this, he may yet have a very good future here.

Posh Red

I bigged up his talent and gave quite justified reasons for why people are going over top with their complaints.
I've bigged up Martial's talent before too, plenty of times, but believe all complaints about him have been justified.

I simply stated that I don't believe Martial's talents were on show tonight but said he played ok. Hardly a scathing review.
This is exactly what people are talking about when they say Martial FC. You're like hounds.
There's nothing particularly bad or a crazy line of thinking here.
Dude I've not been posting on here that long and I don't really see how your previous posts matter. I was talking about your comments after tonight's game in the respective players threads. Just seemed bizarre that you had to drag Martials name into a post about Rashford in what came across as a negative way. Seems like someone else might be a bit obsessed with the guy.

Would also be interested in what I've said which makes me part of this mythical 'Martial FC' club you keep referring to?

Morpheus 7

He was poor in the first half, played better as the second half went on. He seemed to get a bit more confidence after his goal, bit of luck with the goal but was still in the right position when it mattered.
Martial FC out in force tonight, he was hardly magnificent. Him and Rashford weren't great, maybe need a run of games. I can still see Sanchez coming in against Wolves.

Handré1990

What did he do in that game that proved undeniable talent though?

I know he has talent, but I'm not seeing it tonight.
Just thinking along the lines of the most basic things, which we’ve seen plenty of evidence of before. First thing that comes to mind is how the ball normally sticks to him when he’s recieving a pass. Rashford was very unlucky with his touch today in comparison. If only Martial had the grit and attitude to get on those balls like the one Rashford put in the post- and out. Can’t we just merge their skillsets and have ourselves a proper baller?:wenger:

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Shocking in the first half, much improved in the second. Hopefully he can kick on. Needs to show more off the bench to get himself into the first team though imo.

He should start on the LW position on Saturday, Alexis can either go on the RW, or on the bench. Knowing Jose, it’s only a wet dream.
Because he played well for 20 minutes against Young Boys? Mate, come on. He's been shite for 9 months. He has to earn his place. If he bags a brace from the bench on Saturday then we'll talk.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Dude I've not been posting on here that long and I don't really see how your previous posts matter. I was talking about your comments after tonight's game in the respective players threads. Just seemed bizarre that you had to drag Martials name into a post about Rashford in what came across as a negative way. Seems like someone else might be a bit obsessed with the guy.

Would also be interested in what I've said which makes me part of this mythical 'Martial FC' club you keep referring to?
If you'd read the post you should see it wasn't a negative about Martial. It was having a go at those that can't handle criticism of him (which is what Martial FC has always been a joke about rather than a slight on Martial), and comparing the similar situations of being out of form and played on the wrong side but no one mentioning that about Rashford, and instead acting like he has no talent.
It's painful when it gets down to explaining this stuff.

Just thinking along the lines of the most basic things, which we’ve seen plenty of evidence of before. First thing that comes to mind is how the ball normally sticks to him when he’s recieving a pass. Rashford was very unlucky with his touch today in comparison. If only Martial had the grit and attitude to get on those balls like the one Rashford put in the post- and out. Can’t we just merge their skillsets and have ourselves a proper baller?:wenger:
Agreed! And yeah, he does have excellent control to be fair. Nice for someone to actually respond like a normal person instead of trying to start an argument about him

Aloysius's Back 3

How was he shocking in the first half - he actually did defensive work today.

That is a good thing & things people seem to care about when no one actually gets in to the game.

He did well for a start after some time.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
How was he shocking in the first half - he actually did defensive work today.

That is a good thing & things people seem to care about when no one actually gets in to the game.

He did well for a start after some time.
I wouldn't take that to be solely on Martial, the whole team was bad in the first half for the most part, but this is the Martial thread so it'll also be a criticism of his game. He didn't lose the ball, but whenever he got the ball he would pass it sideways or back, he had no drive and almost looked scared to try anything. The second half he was way more loose and ready to take some risks.

deafepl

Can we start him front up with Lukaku with Sanchez behind two strikers? Sanchez creates chances, two strikers can score, if Lukaku had a day off, it'll be Martial who has to step up right? Lingard, Rashford and Mata don't have a good end product as Martial.

Posh Red

If you'd read the post you should see it wasn't a negative about Martial. It was having a go at those that can't handle criticism of him (which is what Martial FC has always been a joke about rather than a slight on Martial), and comparing the similar situations of being out of form and played on the wrong side but no one mentioning that about Rashford, and instead acting like he has no talent.
It's painful when it gets down to explaining this stuff.

Agreed! And yeah, he does have excellent control to be fair. Nice for someone to actually respond like a normal person instead of trying to start an argument about him
Okay then, fair enough - hate the term personally but that's just me. Personally thought Martials talent was pretty obvious in today's match if not hit and miss. What was more encouraging was his work ethic and desire to defend when he needed to. Seemed to lack confidence when running at his fullback tonight.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He played 90 mins cause he's not starting on Sunday. Will be surprised if he even plays.

SAFMUTD

Hopefully the goal gives him some confidence and he start putting effort again, his performance against Watford was shit but today he had his ups and downs, hopefully he can focus on his work and start to challenge Alexis for the starting spot.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hope he keeps his spot. Really should. Wasn't amazing, definitely not in the first half, but improved as the game went on and had a very good second half and deserved the goal. Sanchez has been absolute ass and absolutely should not be starting on the left. If Mourinho is intent on starting him, put him on the right wing because Sanchez on the left is not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.