5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

redshaw

Who would want to buy him at 200 grand a week and an attitude problem? Genuine question. Think Chelsea were reported to be interested last summer but that could have been paper talk.
A few would probably who could offer him a starting slot or striker role which is his main position. He doesn't like being a winger. Reckon he'd take a small drop in wages to start at another club.

In the second half on Sunday we did look desperate for some width. Pogba had no-one there and went over to the left himself. Really could've done with Martial coming on, he's played well against Chelsea this season.

Litch

Want him gone more than any other player. Such a fair weather type player that turns up when he wants to. To me he's just a French Zaha.....

settembrini

The articles that are saying Solskjaer had a go at him over his effort also say he's been playing with a bad back recently which would explain his dip in form and why he was wasn't warming up like the other players. It's been noticeable under Solskjaer that he likes to rush players back from injury and even play them while they are carrying injuries (and him doing this has cost United a few times) so I could see that causing contention between the two.

haram

The articles that are saying Solskjaer had a go at him over his effort also say he's been playing with a bad back recently which would explain his dip in form and why he was wasn't warming up like the other players. It's been noticeable under Solskjaer that he likes to rush players back from injury and even play them while they are carrying injuries (and him doing this has cost United a few times) so I could see that causing contention between the two.
He’s had a bad back for 3 years.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I want him gone. Talent means absolutely nothing when you're not willing to work hard. His attitude is absolutely shocking, I'm not sure I've ever seen a United player care less. Martial has never looked happy, it might be with his professional career alone or his life as a whole because it appears he's had a turbulent one, but its no excuse. He's one of the many, many players that needs to leave.

youmeletsfly

I'm not the one to defend Martial because I absolutely hate him as a player without even considering his attitude and lack of workrate. He's a player that does not have any particular strong points. You can't say "Wow, he's so good at....?".

The above clips and media article don't mean anything. Doesn't it sound like a big coincidence that the article came out after those clips? Kinda helps the credibility along innit?

The guy could have been injured and could have been instructed to stay away from running, hitting the ball or anything like that. And, maybe, he wanted to be with the team on the field when they're training. But I guess it's hard to look at positives when you're only used to bashing every fecking thing on a forum.

BlackBen

Want him gone more than any other player. Such a fair weather type player that turns up when he wants to. To me he's just a French Zaha.....
No he's not. Zaha works way harder than this guy, Martial maybe more talented but his attitude on the field stinks.

I was a huge fan of his but these days I wouldn't mind if he's sold. He's lazy and struts around the field like he's a 5 time Balon d'or winner and guess what? Even the five time balon d'or winners are two of the hardest working players currently.

Treble

I've defended him occasionally but his work rate is really poor. Giving him 220k (or 250?) a week was a joke.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Can't coach attitude and work rate.

He won't reach the heights he should here, I'd sell him next summer if things don't change.

We have more pressing players to offload this summer and we cant get rid of them all. Last chance saloon.

I'd get rid of Sanchez and Lukaku first.

GM K

I will never forget when week in, week out, people bashed Jose because of this guy. Even when his agent was talking rubbish, the blame was on Jose. When he failed to inform his manager about staying back for his baby/girlfriend and his manager dared to be upset with him, the manager was bashed left, right and center.

The same for Pogba. I still ask people today, what exactly did Jose do to Pogba? I still don't get it. The main issue was his statement after the World Cup when he asked him to focus on playing for United like he did for France: disciplined, no showboating etc. All hell broke loose after.

I am old school. It will take me a while to get used to some of today's soft, touch me not super star footballers.

Martial's talent is not in doubt. But if he wants to reach the heights he is well capable of reaching, he will need to sort out his attitude, focus and deliver CONSISTENTLY. And if as a club we want to get back to the top, we need to fully back and empower our manager. It has to be clear who is boss.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
He's fecking lazy. Simple as. I remember saying this earlier and being hounded down by the infamous Martial FC.

red4ever 79

Wrong move by Ole. He should have hugged him.
What I dont understand is that in that video he is clearly just standing there half arsed. However it looks like there are two coaches in red jackets right next to him. Surely someone from the coaching staff needs to get a grip here with these players.

Ban

I will never forget when week in, week out, people bashed Jose because of this guy. Even when his agent was talking rubbish, the blame was on Jose. When he failed to inform his manager about staying back for his baby/girlfriend and his manager dared to be upset with him, the manager was bashed left, right and center.

The same for Pogba. I still ask people today, what exactly did Jose do to Pogba? I still don't get it. The main issue was his statement after the World Cup when he asked him to focus on playing for United like he did for France: disciplined, no showboating etc. All hell broke loose after.

I am old school. It will take me a while to get used to some of today's soft, touch me not super star footballers.

Martial's talent is not in doubt. But if he wants to reach the heights he is well capable of reaching, he will need to sort out his attitude, focus and deliver CONSISTENTLY. And if as a club we want to get back to the top, we need to fully back and empower our manager. It has to be clear who is boss.
Brave from you to say all this.

youmeletsfly

You say that in private. You don't want your boss at work to give you feedback when you're out with the boys, do you?

Cloud7

Now you see, when a manager like Ole who’s entire MO doesn’t revolve around throwing players under the bus comes does something like this, then I can get behind him and think ‘right, his intentions are genuine’.

Martial is my second favourite player in the team, but he really hasn’t been doing himself any favours recently. He is so so talented, he has everything in his locker to become one of the best in the world. It would really be a shame to see him go down the path of one of those players who only shows his supreme ability every now and then, then reverts to anonymous for the rest of the time.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Jose has damaged him, that can be the only plausible explanation. It couldn’t possibly be that, in fact, Martial is a lazy shit.

Martial FC, where art thou?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I said from the moment he signed he's more Anelka than he is Henry

Le Sulk mrk II

Born2Lose

Backs up what I suspect most United fans have thought about this guy for a long time, madness to give him an improved contract as a reward for such a stinking attitude. Another one to add to the "sell him if anyone was crazy enough to buy him" list.

Martial covers an average distance of 8.45km per game, which means his attacking team-mates are covering much more ground than the Frenchman.

Eric Bailly is the only outfield player who has worst running statistics than Martial during the course of the current campaign.
I guess there's enough people crazy enough to defend him on this forum, so there's hope yet.

Last edited:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Backs up what I suspect most United fans have thought about this guy for a long time, madness to give him an improved contract as a reward for such a stinking attitude.
Not really because at least we can sell him now whereas before he'd of left for free

I'm sure he'd still have plenty of suitors if we did want to get rid

Ronnie07

I'm not the one to defend Martial because I absolutely hate him as a player without even considering his attitude and lack of workrate. He's a player that does not have any particular strong points. You can't say "Wow, he's so good at....?".

The above clips and media article don't mean anything. Doesn't it sound like a big coincidence that the article came out after those clips? Kinda helps the credibility along innit?

The guy could have been injured and could have been instructed to stay away from running, hitting the ball or anything like that. And, maybe, he wanted to be with the team on the field when they're training. But I guess it's hard to look at positives when you're only used to bashing every fecking thing on a forum.
I'm not even a Martial hater, but :lol:

If that's the case then why would he be on the bench?

Raven

Ironically, they can't be arsed anymore.
I'm still here. It's probably the same irony that hit Martial haters when he went on an 8 game scoring run. I seem to remember that the detractors were nowhere to be seen. It's the nature of opinions, people are quiet unless their vindicated.

Has he been great lately? No. But as I keep repeating, I am waiting till the lads have a preseason under their belts before throwing shit at anyone of our star players, except Alexis, he's bad.

Red_toad

What's th argument about?
Player not warming up to go sit on the bench as far as I can tell. There's no limit to what people will complain about, seems that everyone of our players is at fault and no one is happy with any of them, then there's the manager and the owners, so a truly happy camp.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I never thought he's all that and I think the same about Rashford too.

We are probably daft enough to give him 200k per week too.

Red_toad

There was a clear dip in his performances from the moment he signed that deal.
People said exactly the same stuff about Shaw, but he's been one of our most consistent performers this season.

It's just the typical sensational headline with zero evidence to support anything and people without knowing any background get all in a kerfuffle about it.

UncleBob

There was a clear dip in his performances from the moment he signed that deal.
Big dip in everyones performances. Rashford, Lingard and Martial have all been struggling with muscular injuries as well.

We'll see what happens.

People are overracting to the pre-match warmup videos, but that's hardly a surprise given the average mental capacity.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
People said exactly the same stuff about Shaw, but he's been one of our most consistent performers this season.

It's just the typical sensational headline with zero evidence to support anything and people without knowing any background get all in a kerfuffle about it.
Big dip in everyones performances. Rashford, Lingard and Martial have all been struggling with muscular injuries as well.

We'll see what happens.

People are overracting to the pre-match warmup videos, but that's hardly a surprise given the average mental capacity.
I posted that without taking into account this latest stuff.

crossy1686

career ending
I'm shocked people are defending him.
You should have seen people defending him when Mourinho called him out, it was worse.

I don't understand why fans back one player over the team, I'll never understand it. Sure, it's disappointing when someone talented or world class leaves but fecking hell, we're Manchester United, we don't NEED anyone, the club's bigger than the lot.

crossy1686

career ending
Fantastic if true, this lot need to understand the end of Jose doesn't just mean they'll now be pampered. Ole needs to be just as tough even if it's only behind doors.
Problem is, if he gets sacked now and Martial is still here we're totally fecked. He can do whatever he wants to whomever he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.