4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
No it’s been a trend of late with Greenwood putting in good performances but not getting on the scoresheet. I was just making the point that such fine margins don’t define a performance.

And I am not biased against Martial at all. I have been a big fan of his for years. But at this point his performances don’t warrant him being anywhere near the starting XI and today was no different.
Yes, but I think most people in Greenwood's thread are praising his overall game. There's people who only look at stats, they're out there, but it's not reflective of the overall community's thinking on Greenwood's performances. I thought you showed some bias when you reduce Martial's performance to simply a dodgy deflection when it pretty much looked a goal regardless, it wasn't one of those where it's heading out but bounces in off a defender's back and goes in kind of dodgy deflection, and, above all, it was the only goal the team scored. That being said, I do agree that I don't think Martial deserves to be in the starting XI, but not because I thought he was crap in the game, I thought he was decent when you consider the overall team performance, but there are simply better options right now.

MvG

Yes, but I think most people in Greenwood's thread are praising his overall game. There's people who only look at stats, they're out there, but it's not reflective of the overall community's thinking on Greenwood's performances. I thought you showed some bias when you reduce Martial's performance to simply a dodgy deflection when it pretty much looked a goal regardless, it wasn't one of those where it's heading out but bounces in off a defender's back and goes in kind of dodgy deflection, and, above all, it was the only goal the team scored. That being said, I do agree that I don't think Martial deserves to be in the starting XI, but not because I thought he was crap in the game, I thought he was decent when you consider the overall team performance, but there are simply better options right now.
I don’t want to derail this thread so I’ll just say Greenwood has had a lot of criticism despite putting in good performances since passing up a square ball to Ronaldo against Aston Villa.

I thought Martial’s shot was headed straight at the keeper before the deflection. But perhaps that’s harsh as maybe it would’ve gone in anyway.

Either way he has just looked so devoid of confidence and seems like he’s lost some pace as well. I just think he’s done here as we have much better options available now.

YouknowNani

It's a really difficult one with Martial. It's still hard to work out exactly what sort of player he is. He's not quite a left winger and he's not quite an out and out striker. He does well in the little pocket just to the left of a main target man striker coming in from the edge of the box either dribbling or curling a right footed shot.

I do think Martial does have something special and would be disappointed to see him go but he certainly hasn't been at his best for a while. He needs game time and confidence and I'm not sure he's going to get that very often now unless there's a number of injuries.

On a side note, it's as though we all think the grass is greener because Rashfords been out, we want him back on that left wing and assume he will do better than Martial/Sancho. He's actually be poor himself for about a year. He was good at the start of last season, then dropped off massively, didn't get a kick at the euros and rightly so (other than the penalty). What he has over Martial is a bit more pace and willingness to carry the ball and counter attack quickly. But in tight spaces facing a low block he's no better than Martial.