4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rake

Agree with the posters stating that RR has all to lose if he fabricates something like that. Interim manager that barely has situation under control as is, he will have an absolute revolt on his hands.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Hello, Frank from New York here, this is my first post (please go easy on me!)

In today's papers, Anthony is claiming - 'I will never refuse to play a match for Man United. I've been here for 7 years and I never disrespected and will never disrespect the club and the fans.' (from his instagram)

I find these words of a weazel, Ralf said - 'He didn't want to be in the squad. He would have been in the squad normally, but he didn't want to. That is the reason why he was not traveling with us yesterday (on Friday).' (Daily Mail)

So it's clear, Ralf wanted him in the squad (most likely on the bench), but obviously this wasn't good enough, allowing Anthony to disingenuously make his claim.

Martial obviously refused to travel because he wasn't promised a start.

Enough with these craven mercenaries (already).
Welcome, Id say you have hit the nail on the head. (Cant wait to visit new york, was supposed to go for my 40th last year but Covid put a stop to that, THIS YEAR ITS ON!)

RedDevil@84

I assume that Ralf will explain what he meant in his next press conference. He keeps talking so much, quite openly in media. Sure he will explain.

It is very unlikely that the coach asked Martial to come and play and he refused and said, I will not play at all. If that was the case, Martial would have been fined already.

Quinzaine

https://t.co/BGX0J6iR99

So Ragnick has been advised to bring Martial in to the squad, he's also keen on mending the relationship and is planning on coming out to the press to explain that the situation between the two was a 'misunderstanding'. There's absolutely no way any of this would happen if Martial truly refused to be involved - I don't want to jump the gun and assume Ragnick lied here but at the very least it was a misunderstanding and Martial has for whatever reason come out of this with his reputation once again put through the mud.

Some of the stuff I've seen on here and on Twitter is horrible, the same ones who are bemused at his 'cult following' think its perfectly normal to assassinate his character, I've even seen some suggestions that we should keep him at the club against his will so he won't get to play football and will be guaranteed to miss out on the World Cup. What a fanbase:rolleyes:

Denis79

Hello, Frank from New York here, this is my first post (please go easy on me!)

In today's papers, Anthony is claiming - 'I will never refuse to play a match for Man United. I've been here for 7 years and I never disrespected and will never disrespect the club and the fans.' (from his instagram)

I find these words of a weazel, Ralf said - 'He didn't want to be in the squad. He would have been in the squad normally, but he didn't want to. That is the reason why he was not traveling with us yesterday (on Friday).' (Daily Mail)

So it's clear, Ralf wanted him in the squad (most likely on the bench), but obviously this wasn't good enough, allowing Anthony to disingenuously make his claim.

Martial obviously refused to travel because he wasn't promised a start.

Enough with these craven mercenaries (already).
Pretty much what I believe as well. He wanted a guarantee he would play, didn't get it and decided not to go just to sit on the bench. Players like him really need to leave the club, quickly preferably.

UncleBob

Pretty much what I believe as well. He wanted a guarantee he would play, didn't get it and decided not to go just to sit on the bench. Players like him really need to leave the club, quickly preferably.
Why would he, out of the blue, want a guarantee he'd play? He hasn't been on the squad once under Ralf, and the only reason it was even considered was because both Rashford and Ronaldo was out

Denis79

Why would he, out of the blue, want a guarantee he'd play? He hasn't been on the squad once under Ralf, and the only reason it was even considered was because both Rashford and Ronaldo was out
Exactly the reason why, he's angry that he's so low in the pecking order and refused to sit on the bench when he felt he should have started with both the bolded players out.

Greck

https://t.co/BGX0J6iR99

So Ragnick has been advised to bring Martial in to the squad, he's also keen on mending the relationship and is planning on coming out to the press to explain that the situation between the two was a 'misunderstanding'. There's absolutely no way any of this would happen if Martial truly refused to be involved - I don't want to jump the gun and assume Ragnick lied here but at the very least it was a misunderstanding and Martial has for whatever reason come out of this with his reputation once again put through the mud.

Some of the stuff I've seen on here and on Twitter is horrible, the same ones who are bemused at his 'cult following' think its perfectly normal to assassinate his character, I've even seen some suggestions that we should keep him at the club against his will so he won't get to play football and will be guaranteed to miss out on the World Cup. What a fanbase:rolleyes:
That's the kind of idiocy the club is trying to avoid. People need to start thinking of players they don't like as assets to remove sentiments when dealing with them. The situation with RR was pointless, we can't just let him sit on the bench till his contract runs out while paying huge wages. Talk about cutting one's nose. Use the players that are here till they leave. It's that simple. It doesn't have to be toxic. Pogba, Lingard etc.

The squad might be getting dismantled in the summer. Till then let's priotitise winning a trophy with these lot over winning a personal vendetta with ungrateful players. Despite wanting to leave Cavani is already playing every game and no one has a problem. Even Bruno is running down his contract. No one is committed to the club but we can still use them as a means to an end.

lex talionis

The contract is the problem, innit? No sane club who can afford Anthony's wages would want him, and clubs which would want him can't afford his wages. And for the few shit clubs who can afford him and would want him aren't exactly the kind of clubs Anthony is looking for.

He has it so good at Old Trafford but he sulked and pissed it all away. Unless he's prepared to dig in any earn his way back on the pitch, but there is no sign of that happening any time soon.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The contract is the problem, innit? No sane club who can afford Anthony's wages would want him, and clubs which would want him can't afford his wages. And for the few shit clubs who can afford him and would want him aren't exactly the kind of clubs Anthony is looking for.

He has it so good at Old Trafford but he sulked and pissed it all away. Unless he's prepared to dig in any earn his way back on the pitch, but there is no sign of that happening any time soon.
It's been a problem many cited as soon as it was signed, same with Rashford. Neither of them were worth it then and even less so now. My constant rebuttal to people wanting him gone on here was, 'how'? With that kind of contract, it's always going to be a loss and the move wouldn't be permanent. He might as well stay here, get him involved, bring him back to the fold, because it's not as if he'd be taking a productive player's minutes between his competitors. We're probably past that now, but that would be a much more sensible option than paying a chunk of his salary just to not have him on a side that's sorely lacking in options and creativity up front.

Barnslig

If we’re trying to force him to accept lower wages/a move to a club willing to match our demands he doesn’t want to go to then there is an incentive. Other players have told RR they want to leave yet have remained in the squad - Martial hasn’t been involved. Not picking sides - I’d imagine neither are lying - but I don’t think publicly throwing players under the bus is a great idea - you end up with media shitshows such as this.
Our only demand is that Martial's wages are covered by the loaning club. That doesn't mean they have to pay him 250k/week. That only means if their wage cap is 100k, and they are willing to pay 100k, Martial will have to agree to a 100k, and lose out on the additional 150k/week we'd be obliged to pay if he stays at the club under his current contract. We've basically said, you're free to leave, but we're not paying you to feck off. If he truly is leaving because he wants to play, agreeing to a lesser wage, to play for a lesser team, in a lesser league should be easy. If he's a money hungry twat, he'll stay at United for an extra 150k/week and silk in the u23s.

Barnslig

It's been a problem many cited as soon as it was signed, same with Rashford. Neither of them were worth it then and even less so now. My constant rebuttal to people wanting him gone on here was, 'how'? With that kind of contract, it's always going to be a loss and the move wouldn't be permanent. He might as well stay here, get him involved, bring him back to the fold, because it's not as if he'd be taking a productive player's minutes between his competitors. We're probably past that now, but that would be a much more sensible option than paying a chunk of his salary just to not have him on a side that's sorely lacking in options and creativity up front.
It all comes down to Anthony's mindset though doesn't it? He can stay here, not play and cash 250k/week, but lose his whinging rights, because he's chosen this. Or he can take a pay cut, go to a team that will play him every week, and get what he supposedly wants. Personally I think he gives zero fecks about football and is only in it for the money, but I guess we'll see come February.

Barnslig

I don't understand this. Martial has said he wants to leave to play. To play he needs to take a pay cut. If he refuses to take a pay cut, well his sentiment to 'leave to play' is obviously bollocks then, isnt it? United are willing to let him leave, but are unwilling to pay him to leave, so I guess come February, we'll see just how much he really wants to play football, compared to collecting his (obscene) wages to sulk.

Last edited:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

I really thought Newcastle would be in for him and maybe Lingard too. Relegation release clause. Extra 20k a week sweetener on top of his current wage. Not even they are into it. Nobody who could afford him in this league wants him. That should say it all.

Siezard

I really thought Newcastle would be in for him and maybe Lingard too. Relegation release clause. Extra 20k a week sweetener on top of his current wage. Not even they are into it. Nobody who could afford him in this league wants him. That should say it all.
I think Newcastle wants him but not at that wages. And they manage to buy Wood so Newcastle stop pursuing.

And Martial does not want to take the risk of going there and facing relegation plus lower wages plus all eyes on him. He would much rather go to another league and it would not be so much of a downgrade.

marktan

Not a popular opinion at all on here so I won't argue with anyone who doesn't agree, but I think Martial is the best striker we have. I like a striker who's technical with the ball, can dribble and link play and who the ball doesn't bounce 5 yards off of. We saw in that one season he can finish and a good coach can get him to press.

There's a reason he still gets games for France, I think if he goes to a different team he'll stand out more. Not been impressed with either Ole or Ragnicks handling of him.

KennyBurner

Not a popular opinion at all on here so I won't argue with anyone who doesn't agree, but I think Martial is the best striker we have. I like a striker who's technical with the ball, can dribble and link play and who the ball doesn't bounce 5 yards off of. We saw in that one season he can finish and a good coach can get him to press.

There's a reason he still gets games for France, I think if he goes to a different team he'll stand out more. Not been impressed with either Ole or Ragnicks handling of him.
I agree with you. He is the most complete forward we have at the club.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Being better than Rashford these days is a low bar. Anyone who’ll pass is currently more effective than Greenwood. Sancho isn’t at it. Cavani is dropping off. Old Ronaldo is just old Ronaldo. By default Martial is still one of the best forwards here having played about 1 good game in the last year and a half (city away) it says more about the players our recruitment put their faith into than anything special Martial has done lately

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Absolute no man's land at the moment.
On too silly a wage for anyone to dare try and bid for him, meaning only a loan is doable.
But even then it'll no doubt be us having to foot 50-75% of it.

Might as well just keep him as a backup for the season than do that.

the_cliff

Have to say he changed the game when coming on. Offered something different and I've forgotten his close control dribbling when on the run. Beautiful to watch.

Shame it didn't work out for him here.

KennyBurner

Martial with the preassist to win the game. I told you all that we need him. We have no creativity in this new formation without him. A true red!!!!

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
If we dont sell in Jan, I'd like to see him start. Offers something different

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If his next club can get him happy and motivated, they will have a serious player on their hands. On his day, he's a baller.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I really enjoyed watching a more selfless forward :lol:

You just know when he has the ball he won't shoot at every opportunity.

Didn't expect that performance. Well played Marital.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
That was the most polished attacking performance we've seen in weeks. That's not saying much but it was a breath of fresh air seeing someone who could control a ball and look to link with the other attackers. Ralf went straight to him at the end of the game...but looked like he wandered off on his own?

MattofManchester

We really miss his ability to play in tight spaces and find space.

Rashford is run and hope, but Martial's intricacy is something we sorely miss.

lost7

Hope there won't be any more boos, he was important in winning us the 3 points

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Run that shit back turbo

cannot believe he got booed ffs. Mental cnuts

Status
Not open for further replies.