4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

city-puma

I noticed his body shape slims down a bit. He seemly rediscovers his speed and agility. Hope he can rediscover his football heart which has been broken over last year and half.

Oranges038

Run that shit back turbo

cannot believe he got booed ffs. Mental cnuts
Can't believe people booed a player who's done feck all for years and doesn't even want to be at the club. What the feck are they thinking?

He did good when he came on, but that should be a standard performace from him. It's the first semi decent bit of play he's done for a long long time.

Genuinely don't undertand people creaming themselves over a player actually playing well for a few minutes, when he's been pretty shite for well over a year and in general for most of his time here.

Chief123

I noticed his body shape slims down a bit. He seemly rediscovers his speed and agility. Hope he can rediscover his football heart which has been broken over last year and half.
I noticed this too. Something was very different about him today. Like he actually cared and wanted a point to prove.

It’s the most energy I’ve seen from him in a long time. He looked really sharp and dangerous when he drove with the ball.

mu4c_20le

Given the reaction when he miscontrolled that ball, I had to consider for a second if you weren't being sarcastic passive aggressive. Probably not, given that we won and the general feeling is positive ;)

Ixion

Made a horrible mess of a decent chance on his left foot.
He's barely played all season, sharpness comes with playing. His willingness to receive the ball and try and go forward with it was promising even without the goal.

A-man

Promising minutes. Needs game time, but not sure he will get that.

Raven

Given the reaction when he miscontrolled that ball, I had to consider for a second if you weren't being sarcastic passive aggressive. Probably not, given that we won and the general feeling is positive ;)
What are you blathering on about? He had a fine cameo, fluffing his finish aside.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He's barely played all season, sharpness comes with playing. His willingness to receive the ball and try and go forward with it was promising even without the goal.
As I said, it was a decent cameo. But nothing we haven’t seen from him before. When he’s on his game he’s a super player. His problem has always been a) consistency and b) how bad he is when he’s not on his game. Which are concerns that today’s cameo does nothing to dispel. Lingard had some good cameos earlier in the season (with added bonus of goals) but everyone still wants rid of him.

Yoichikuroma

He was great when he came on bar the one chance he missed with his left foot. Changed the game with a spark of electricity.

sp_107

Happy that he did well, but dont forget his 7 years time with so many lows.

If he is consistent why anyone critixise him? in the end we need more good players.isnt it

With him and Pogba its like a box of chocolates, we never know what we get

Orestetes

As I said, it was a decent cameo. But nothing we haven’t seen from him before. When he’s on his game he’s a super player. His problem has always been a) consistency and b) how bad he is when he’s not on his game. Which are concerns that today’s cameo does nothing to dispel. Lingard had some good cameos earlier in the season (with added bonus of goals) but everyone still wants rid of him.
It's been a problem for most of our players to be honest.

justboy68

Offered something that was missing in the attack for sure. We had too many speculative shooters and not enough people working to actually create chances. Hopefully Sancho can start offering that on a more permanent basis when he gets back.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Tbf Martial has always been the anti Lingard. Jesse is always joking and smiling no matter the result, runs around constantly on the pitch, isn't particularly gifted, but can score world class goals. Martial is generally stone faced, pretty static in his movement, a world class talent on the ball, and tends to scuff goal scoring opportunities.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

If he is consistent why anyone critixise him? in the end we need more good players.isnt it

You could say the same thing about Rashford, Bruno, McTominay, Fred, Shaw and the vast majority of our players. There is no actual reason to constantly treating Martial and Pogba differently and act as if we didn't also had the highs.

Godfather

Lingard had his fair share of cameos this season where he looked exactly the nothing player he is. Also looks unfit these days.

But yeah with Martial you also never know what you get. Can be such a good player it's a shame that he lacks drive

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Lingard had his fair share of cameos this season where he looked exactly the nothing player he is. Also looks unfit these days
Lingard would be a good squad player if we treated him like it. One strange thing about United since SAF left, is that if a player isn't a definite starter he is misused and underappreciated. Just look at Telles, Dalot, Fred(under Mourinho), Martial, Van de Beek, Blind and many other players that had value for a team even without being definite members of the starting eleven.

Greck

Tbf most of our players are inconsistent and not up to United standard. Bruno is just Pogba with passion. Rashford is Martial with better workrate, no intelligence and passion. Till we get a United standard replacement that can bring the goods week in week out and bench them they can all be used as the situations calls for. Martial brought some ball carrying in the forward line. Making him available as a sub option might have rescued 3 points but people want us to get sentimental and have us cut our noses when it is suggested to use a club asset till he is sold.

Godfather

Lingard would be a good squad player if we treated him like it. One strange thing about United since SAF left, is that if a player isn't a definite starter he is misused and underappreciated. Just look at Telles, Dalot, Fred(under Mourinho), Martial, Van de Beek, Blind and many other players that had value for a team even without being definite members of the starting eleven.
So far that doesn't go for Ralf though. He's given pretty much everyone a chance apart from maybe VdB that he obviously doesn't deem good enough. And from what I've seen I agree. Looks slow and weak for this league.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
When he messed up that touch infront of the goal, I thought he's done; Then I realized nobody really has actually managed to even get in to that CF position all game, for us. I hope he gets more chances and gets back to his form before we gave his place in the starting 11 to a fecking pianist. Martial FC, we feast tonight; albeit fish and chips.

AneRu

Did well when he came on, had a point to prove and I think he has stated his case albeit not too convincingly. He is a playmaking striker and we have too few of those but however after seven years he has to do and maybe he won't do it here.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Very classy on the ball. The Westham defenders were terrified of his direct pacy dribbling.

No fecking idea why is pushed out. Guy deserve a shot under Ralf.

fluxx

never doubted it. Hopefully he stays and Ralph can turn him around, amazing player on his day.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
When he messed up that touch infront of the goal, I thought he's done; Then I realized nobody really has actually managed to even get in to that CF position all game, for us. I hope he gets more chances and gets back to his form before we gave his place in the starting 11 to a fecking pianist. Martial FC, we feast tonight; albeit fish and chips.
That moment showed me a player who lacked sharpness in those positions which is no wonder as he's barely played

mctrials23

Nice little cameo but this has never been his issue. We can talk about him being a worthwhile member of the squad if he gets a run of games and works for the team and puts in the required effort. There is a reason he has been here 7 years or whatever it is. There has always been a world class player in there somewhere but it only comes out for 10 minutes for every 90 he plays. That few minutes might be spent playing well for 30 minutes one game but then he will be useless for the next 3 games.

Red_toad

Very classy on the ball. The Westham defenders were terrified of his direct pacy dribbling.

No fecking idea why is pushed out. Guy deserve a shot under Ralf.
I’d say he’s been pushed out after refusing to sit on the bench and probably not showing enough in training. We know Ralf will reward players who show their worth in training.
Was rightly booed when he came on, no player is bigger than the club. He did play well and that’s a positive. Let’s see if he can earn himself a reprieve, I hope so, but he’s got to perform well week in week out and make the effort.

Manny

Grammar Police
Got booed coming on and looked like he had a point to prove. Might be something in that.

Still needs to leave though. We can't have players blowing hot and cold like he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.