4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guapa

Nice cameo and all but must do better to be a top player where ever he ends up.

Stadjer

He's had 4 managers here. Come on

He was good during van Gaal his period. Wasnt so good during Mourinho his period but Mourinho isnt a good manager for a young player at a position where he wanted his own older player. Ole isnt a good manager at all but he was good for a while.

Maybe he could be good under Ralf but i think its too late. He has all the talent to be a star but seems like he isnt going to be one at Manchester United.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He is a winger and we have sancho, elanga, rashford and greenwood there. Then Amad too.

Jibbs

He should be allowed to start next game. He showed glimpses of past Martial during his cameo today.

Matt851

15 minutes Of ok’ness and his fan club are suggesting he should stay.
He needs to go. He will still be here next month and back to not giving a shite again, as he’s nothing to play for. Get rid now.
It is truly mental

marktan

Scored like 25 goals season before last no? Clearly talent is there, it just needs a better coach to apply it. Welbeck looked good under SAF, and he wasn't as good as Martial is.

marktan

Scored like 25 goals season before last no? Clearly talent is there, it just needs a better coach to apply it. Welbeck looked good under SAF, and he wasn't as good as Martial is.

SER19

I agree martial has talent. I think us constantly falling for the same cycle of looking good and thinking hes arrived only to see him turn to utter dog shit is a waste of everybody's time.

The idea that the right coach will suddenly just engage martial consistently is so naive at this point. A huge amount has to come from the player and as much as i rate his ability, i just don't believe he has the fortitude needed to be worth continuing to give opportunities too

Greck

He is a winger and we have sancho, elanga, rashford and greenwood there. Then Amad too.
would have gladly chucked his ass out of the club if a single one actually played well on the wing. Even Rashford who got the goal originally came on as a left winger but got moved due to being ineffective there. Then Greenwood and Sancho have no case to pull rank. We always rightfully hear how Ronaldo needs to be benched when he isn't performing but all the other garbage stinking it up in our forward line also have no room to talk.

Mason, Sancho, Rashford, Cavani, they started games and disappointed so have no appetite to hear about their rank in the team. There isnt much between all of them as starters. I like Rashford and Martial as gamechanging subs though. Hopefully Sancho finds form so we no longer have to start with 3 gunners. Grenwood right now is playing closer to a loan caliber youngster than starting caliber United player.

Last edited:

RedCurry

There was a period under Ole where Martial looked genuinely a step away from world class. Then he completely fell off the hill. He needs a manager who somehow gets that top level performance on consistent basis. I don’t know if he has the drive in himself to do so.

Bondi77

I think he could become the one that got away. We will miss him when/if he leaves.
You could be right.
I mean we really have not seen enough of him while he has been at Utd or tried him in different positions to see where his strengths are and we haven't been fair to him financially either as I am sure he would have earned more at another club :houllier:

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
A few weeks of Ralf and gradually, the bitching and whining is starting to fade, players are starting to respond and produce. I think Ralf could be good for Martial. I guess we probably won't find out.

PaulRich

Good cameo - he definitely helped shift the dynamic up front in the closing stages. There's no doubting there's a talent there but the problems always been maintaining that week in and week out - his ship has sailed here unfortunately.

Foxbatt

His close control dribbling is the best we have and I like the fact that RR is using him until he gets sold. It is also true that there is no point for him to stay when we have so many players competing for the same positions. We are not going to sell Greenwood and Rashford and now Elanga and Sancho no matter what.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
There's only so much a manager can do to keep a player motivated, at some point you've to start questioning why one of the best paid player in the league isn't not motivated to play well consistently whenever there's someone challenging him for a spot.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
You could be right.
I mean we really have not seen enough of him while he has been at Utd or tried him in different positions to see where his strengths are and we haven't been fair to him financially either as I am sure he would have earned more at another club :houllier:
Thanks for being a facetious tool. However, you inadvertently made my point for me. Thanks again for that. We do know his quality, we do know his best position. Sadly, whilst inconsistent Players like Pogba are shoehorned into the team at any cost, Inconsistent players like Martial aren’t. My point being he will likely shine once more for another team and you can guarantee a flood of ‘oh we shouldn’t have sold him’ posts.

RuudtheRed

in his last instagram post he says mes freros, and posts pictures of himself with Donny, Lingard and Elanga.. unnecessarily provocative
Is Elanga leaving the club too? This seems like making something out of nothing.

Martial did well when he came on yesterday. Imo he was the best winger out of the 4. He'll probably never be a Ballon D'or winner but if he stays then I hope Ralf can find a way to bring out the best of him.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Is Elanga leaving the club too? This seems like making something out of nothing.

Martial did well when he came on yesterday. Imo he was the best winger out of the 4. He'll probably never be a Ballon D'or winner but if he stays then I hope Ralf can find a way to bring out the best of him.
I don't even know why people use that as some sort of stick or benchmark, that transfer clause was always a very long shot, even if you are a great player winning it is unlikely and should never be an expectation, being close to it shouldn't even be an expected when you are signing a 19 years old player with only half a season as a starter.

stoinz

He is so frustrating. The talent is obvious but only when he felt like it. Last night he felt like it and it made such a big difference.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
feck me, a decent 15 minute cameo and people are forgetting 16 months of utter shit. He doesn't have the mentality for a club like utd, when the chips are down he desolves. Sell.

Bondi77

Thanks for being a facetious tool. However, you inadvertently made my point for me. Thanks again for that. We do know his quality, we do know his best position. Sadly, whilst inconsistent Players like Pogba are shoehorned into the team at any cost, Inconsistent players like Martial aren’t. My point being he will likely shine once more for another team and you can guarantee a flood of ‘oh we shouldn’t have sold him’ posts.
Well if we do get that flood of posts it will only be from posters that are as short sighted as yourself
When he eventually does go to another club and it will not be in the Premier League and he may well lift his game playing for Seville or whoever, it is not going to change the fact that he was given numerous chances on the Lw and CF but he could not sustain a level of performance while being massively overpaid at Utd so he will be no loss.
Depay is a prime example of going to another league and having success but was nothing special in England.

marktan

There's only so much a manager can do to keep a player motivated, at some point you've to start questioning why one of the best paid player in the league isn't not motivated to play well consistently whenever there's someone challenging him for a spot.
I think it's a bit of both, need both the player and the manager / coaches to be on it. We too often let talented players go by the wayside, it wouldn't happen under Pep or Klopp.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Nice to see a player up top, who’s 1st instinct isn’t to shoot on-site. Makes a massive difference
He’s definitely the most selfless attacker when it comes to passing/laying off over shoot on site. Between him and Cavani. The rest are absolute greedbags

AndySmith1990

feck me, a decent 15 minute cameo and people are forgetting 16 months of utter shit. He doesn't have the mentality for a club like utd, when the chips are down he desolves. Sell.
It's not surprising. Many United fans are no different to our board; they refuse to learn from past mistakes.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
It's not surprising. Many United fans are no different to our board; they refuse to learn from past mistakes.
Indeed, he's burnt his bridges with me and many others. 15 minutes of being decent, not even good, just decent is nowhere enough to rebuild them.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I've given up on Martial but I'd like him to be given one more chance as a ST and see if he can bring some benefits to our team by being a forward with some hold up play and interplay which we have not had that much of this season.

He might even be the striker partner someone like Ronaldo needs to play off aswell due to his hold up, passing and back to goal ability.

Oranges038

Same here. Another one of those on his day players, who for some reason seem to have a weird cult following, probably based off performances in computer games and not actual real life. The club have too many of these players. Utd need players who's day comes 8 or 9 games out of 10. Not once a year or just whenever they feel like it.

For me, the SU game was it. Where he was just standing and strolling around whilst everyone ran past him, that just summed him up, it was the last time he should ever have played for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.