4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marwood

Don't ķnow if this has already been mentioned but have you seen his reaction when the goal went in? Or I should say non reaction :rolleyes:

Off you go Anthony.

Litch

Still some way to go for me. I do wonder if something has happened though with him being on the bench and now coming on. I think the manager has asked him what he wants, and he wants to stay. Maybe RR has said prove it? Let’s have it right, which club out there is going to pick up his £200k a week salary and can’t see Utd wanting less than 35-40m for him…Dan James went for 20m….

Litch

Don't ķnow if this has already been mentioned but have you seen his reaction when the goal went in? Or I should say non reaction :rolleyes:

Off you go Anthony.
Not sure we should be human behaviour or body language experts especially when it comes to Tony. He is already misunderstood because he’s not smiling all the time. Bloody hell, now Fans are saying cause he didn’t do a backflip, he needs to go?

Marwood

Not sure we should be human behaviour or body language experts especially when it comes to Tony. He is already misunderstood because he’s not smiling all the time. Bloody hell, now Fans are saying cause he didn’t do a backflip, he needs to go?
A body language expert? We just scored a last kick winner! If a player isn't celebrating that something is seriusly lacking about him. Have a watch, there's nothing from him when it goes in.

Frank White

Why are you acting surprised though? Rashford's had it all season, when Ole would smile he would get pages slamming him ffs.

As for Martial he did ok, calls for him to start are just ridiculous 15 minute cameo where he was let's face it average shouldn't mean he's staring especially after he's been awful for months now.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
A body language expert? We just scored a last kick winner! If a player isn't celebrating that something is seriusly lacking about him. Have a watch, there's nothing from him when it goes in.
I'm pretty sure that he was in the middle of the group celebration.

Litch

Thats your measure and perception. You know fans celebrate different too, does make you any lesser a one. I’ve seen it but I don’t read too much into it, I’m not in his head and there is a lot going on for him on and off the pitch at the mo. I think we should all enjoy the moment without the need to be looking at whether others are in the same way. We are all very different…

Marwood

I'm pretty sure that he was in the middle of the group celebration.

Yeah he turned up eventually in a half arsed fashion. Post the footage of him when it went in.

I'm amazed posters defend players barely reacting to a last min winner. It's what football is all about.

Imagine every player reacted to that goal like Martial did. Would you all(those defending him) be ok with that?

Marwood

Thats your measure and perception. You know fans celebrate different too, does make you any lesser a one. I’ve seen it but I don’t read too much into it, I’m not in his head and there is a lot going on for him on and off the pitch at the mo. I think we should all enjoy the moment without the need to be looking at whether others are in the same way. We are all very different…
Like I said in previous post, what if every player reacted like Martial did. You ok with that? What if every fan reacted like that? U also find it hard to believe any fan did the non celebration Martial did.

JPRouve

Scout
Yeah he turned up eventually in a half arsed fashion. Post the footage of him when it went in.

I'm amazed posters defend players barely reacting to a last min winner. It's what football is all about.

Imagine every player reacted to that goal like Martial did. Would you all(those defending him) be ok with that?
Your way of celebrating or showing joy isn't universal. You are being extremely weird here.

Litch

Why are you acting surprised though? Rashford's had it all season, when Ole would smile he would get pages slamming him ffs.

As for Martial he did ok, calls for him to start are just ridiculous 15 minute cameo where he was let's face it average shouldn't mean he's staring especially after he's been awful for months now.
Sadly I’m not surprised…..

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Our fans are something else, I'm not surprised so many players want to leave since every thing they do/say is hyperanalysed to this extent.

Litch

Like I said in previous post, what if every player reacted like Martial did. You ok with that? What if every fan reacted like that?
That’s fine with me. My measure is more that he came on and contributed to us winning than whether he’s smiling or doing a back flip that we scored.
Fan react in whatever why they want to, it’s a individuals choice. What should I do, tell they guy next to me that’s he doesn’t look happy enough when we scored or not singing loud enough…?

JPRouve

Scout
That’s fine with me. My measure is more that he came on and contributed to us winning than whether he’s smiling or doing a back flip that we scored.
Fan react in whatever why they want to, it’s a individuals choice. What should I do, tell they guy next to me that’s he doesn’t look happy enough when we scored or not singing loud enough…?
It's not even a matter of choice but more often than not about your personality.

Marwood

Your way of celebrating or showing joy isn't universal. You are being extremely weird here.
My way? Haha. Did you miss the 70,000 other people who went crazy? And all the other players? That's the regular wsy of celebrating when you care about something.

Like I asked, what if all the other players barely celebrated? Presumably you're fine with that if you're embracing all forms of celebration including a shrug of the shoulders?

I'm not saying this in a vacuum here. His non celebration at a last minute winner is intrinsically linked to his struggles here. The guy just doesn't care enough about United or football in general.

JPRouve

Scout
My way? Haha. Did you miss the 70,000 other people who went crazy? And all the other players? That's the regular wsy of celebrating when you care about something.

Like I asked, what if all the other players barely celebrated? Presumably you're fine with that if you're embracing all forms of celebration including a shrug of the shoulders?

I'm not saying this in a vacuum here. His non celebration at a last minute winner is intrinsically linked to his struggles here. The guy just doesn't care enough about United or football in general.
I didn't see every single member of those 70k people. Did you?

Litch

Our fans are something else, I'm not surprised so many players want to leave since every thing they do/say is hyperanalysed to this extent.
Can you imagine if we applied the same approach in our personal and professional lives? Going over to someone at work and saying, it’s Friday why do you look so miserable…..

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

He turned up before a certain other player. Or are you just going to ignore that?

Marwood

No but if the guy next to you is borderline emotionless when a last kick winner goes in you for sure would find it odd.

To say you'd be fine with all the players and fans barely reacting to a last min winner is just dismal. What a horrible version of football that would be.

Marwood

He turned up before a certain other player. Or are you just going to ignore that?
You mean Ronaldo? Totally agree, I don't like that about him at all. He's been like that since he was 18 as well.

But that indifference from Ronaldo doesn't bleed into the rest of his game. Clearly with Martial it does. That why he's soln to leave and his career here hasn't been half of what it should have been.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Can you imagine if we applied the same approach in our personal and professional lives? Going over to someone at work and saying, it’s Friday why do you look so miserable…..
It's ridiculous, and the worst thing is they don't actually see anything wrong with it. And in that sense I feel sorry for them because they're a victim of this new era of sports journalism with youtube & twitter personalities that feed off the emotions of fans, reddit insiders & 'sources at the club' who post fan fiction as if this was Gossip Girl - fans fall for the bait every time and get stuck in a loop where they just parrot ridiculous things that have no truth in it, just pure opinion & emotion.

Pickle85

I think most are saying because he's been bang average and shown very little effort or motivation when given a chance for the last couple of years that he needs to go.

JPRouve

Scout
I actually had someone ask me in public why I don't smile more often.

Litch

No but if the guy next to you is borderline emotionless when a last kick winner goes in you for sure would find it odd.

To say you'd be fine with all the players and fans barely reacting to a last min winner is just dismal. What a horrible version of football that would be.
You are missing the point. What you are doing is attributing the way he is not celebrating to him not wanting to be here. My point is we are not in his head and that’s we know what Tony is like. This is the same guy pundits say isn’t enjoying his football cause he doesn’t smile.

Clearly people will celebrate a list minute winner but how we celebrate isn’t universal. How many footballers score a goal and don’t really celebrate whilst others do a lap around the pitch?

Let’s focus on what he does in terms of his football and less on whether he’s enjoying it or not. The two aren’t mutual. Shaw has said he doesn’t even like football…..

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I actually had someone ask me in public why I don't smile more often.
Ha, that's a rare glimpse into the life of being a woman "why don't you smile more? you look so pretty when you smile" it's the worst.

JPRouve

Scout
Ha, that's a rare glimpse into the life of being a woman "why don't you smile more? you look so pretty when you smile" it's the worst.
Look at you with the subtle humblebrag.

Litch

I think most are saying because he's been bang average and shown very little effort or motivation when given a chance for the last couple of years that he needs to go.
Honestly I do wonder where the little effort and motivation actually comes from and feels a bit uncomfortable at times given it’s often only attributed by some fans to ‘certain’ players. Pogs and Rom seemed to be labelled the same at times…..it’s feels a bit from the school of ‘Big Rom’…..

Zlatattack

feck me - we're discussing how he celebrates as part of the performance thread. Wow.

Pickle85

Honestly I do wonder where the little effort and motivation actually comes from and feels a uncomfortable at times given it’s often only attributed by some fans to ‘certain’ players. Pogs and Rom seemed to be labelled the same at times…..it’s feels a bit from the school of ‘Big Rom’…..
Are you seriously saying it's racially motivated? Let's not beat around the bush, if you think I'm saying it because of that then say it. Could it be that he doesn't put himself about when he plays? Rarely runs in behind, doesn't press etc.

Marwood

It's ridiculous, and the worst thing is they don't actually see anything wrong with it. And in that sense I feel sorry for them because they're a victim of this new era of sports journalism with youtube & twitter personalities that feed off the emotions of fans, reddit insiders & 'sources at the club' who post fan fiction as if this was Gossip Girl - fans fall for the bait every time and get stuck in a loop where they just parrot ridiculous things that have no truth in it, just pure opinion & emotion.
What are you on about?

We're talking about a footballer barely reacting when his team score a last minute winner.

The same footballer who for years has played with his hands in his pockets.

It's not a stretch to join those dots and conclude this guy just isn't that botheted.

This isn't some hyper analysis of human behaviour. Nor is it the same as asking a stranger why they don't smile more.

It continues to amaze me the lengths people go to to defend certain players.

Litch

feck me - we're discussing how he celebrates as part of the performance thread. Wow.
yep, never fails to amaze me what people say about players they don’t like. I guess it’s better than Pogs hair or him dancing on IG….

Pickle85

yep, never fails to amaze me what people say about players they don’t like. I guess it’s better than Pogs hair or him dancing on IG….
You're the only one talking about pogba in this thread champ.

Andersons Dietician

Thought he played quite well. Doing things you want him to do on a regular basis and he got in areas where he picked a pass where many of the others would have opted for the shot. He showed the composure and intelligence to pick a pass.

As for the not celebrating thing anyone considered that maybe he himself was worried that maybe Cavani was offside.

JPRouve

Scout
All players need to ascribe to the totalviering philosophy. Maybe we need a modern celebration manager?

Litch

Are you seriously saying it's racially motivated? Let's not beat around the bush, if you think I'm saying it because of that then say it. Could it be that he doesn't put himself about when he plays? Rarely runs in behind, doesn't press etc.
I don’t have to say anything just occasionally in wonder why certain footballers get labelled in ways by some, that others don’t. Sound like you could be talking about Ronaldo two. Just saying unconsciously some labels are applied to some players than others. Some justified and sometimes not. Not saying anything that’s not well documented.

Status
Not open for further replies.