4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

united for life

He should go. Would be better for him and the club. Seems to be down the pecking order now and he surely won’t be a regular anytime soon (if ever). He had one relatively good season but in general his game is too lazy. He doesn’t have the right work rate and with RR he knows it won’t work. The main problem is that he looks indifferent, very casual about everything. Doesn’t try enough.

hope he goes somewhere he can fulfill some of his potential

lex talionis

Martial's insane wage probably means he's going nowhere anytime soon. Worse, that may not bother him in the least.

Denis79

I know ai'm supposed to write something like, too bad it didn't work out and all that. But I'm going to be honest: I will be delighted if we manage to offload him. He has done nothing the last few seasons to even deserve a spot on the bench, even less so on the field. He plays like he looks, uninterested and bored. Really hope we manage to sell him.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
He's hightailing it within a week of rangnick. Probably can't do all that running in the training sessions.

MattofManchester

Unless we pay half a portion of his wage, he's not really going anywhere is he?
Lacks clarity of mind.

I'm done with the idea that he can be good.
He's had a myriad of chances. Poor form from Mason and Rashford this year and last was a chance for him to step up and take the reigns on that left wing.

He couldn't. He's never been able to.

Doesn't really have the ambition or mentality to play here as we try to make the next step up.

Marwood

Unless we pay half a portion of his wage, he's not really going anywhere is he?
Lacks clarity of mind.

I'm done with the idea that he can be good.
He's had a myriad of chances. Poor form from Mason and Rashford this year and last was a chance for him to step up and take the reigns on that left wing.

He couldn't. He's never been able to.

Doesn't really have the ambition or mentality to play here as we try to make the next step up.
We've managed to offlload a few players on big wages. Or players who've had to drop wages to move.

So I don't see why it's suddenly a big problem with Martial. He'll be off no problem.

BorisManUtd

I voted him as our best player of 2019/20 season and he probably was next to Bruno, but ever since Martial has been poor. I don't think he likes to have competition for positions he plays on the pitch, he was best for us when he was number 1 choice without anyone to challenge him, these days there are Rashford, Greenwood, Ronaldo, Cavani, Sancho and Martial doesn't look like he's willing to prove his worth and beat any of them for place in first 11. New club could revitalise his career.

JeffFromHK

Anthony Martial's dribbling per game
15/16 - 2.7
16/17 - 1.8
17/18 - 1.4
18/19 - 1.2
19/20 - 1.6
20/21 - 1.6
21/22 - 0.6

never thought someone can loss an important ability at such a young age.

Raven

Sounds like an agent making the best of a situation.

It's just conjecture on my part but I have a feeling he's been told he can leave.
This is what I reckon, I'd say Ralf is prioritising Greenwood, Sancho, Rashford and Amad whilst Ronaldo is obviously the main man for the next season and a half. Sad to see him go but it's the right move for both parties.

Greck

Don't flog anyone off till we see who fits better under Rangnick.

Foxbatt

Don't flog anyone off till we see who fits better under Rangnick.
there is a reason why I said today he could have been useful. Because he may not try hard but neither does Rashford but he holds the ball a lot better than Rashford and there is no one better than Martial in buying us a foul. His passing is better and is heading is better and his defending is better and also his dribbling.

Greck

there is a reason why I said today he could have been useful. Because he may not try hard but neither does Rashford but he holds the ball a lot better than Rashford and there is no one better than Martial in buying us a foul. His passing is better and is heading is better and his defending is better and also his dribbling.
Anything to avoid that Rashford and Ronaldo front two. Who's the supporting striker? They both play like they should be the furthest guy forward but also Rash seems particularly bad at link up and hold up decisions.

Foxbatt

Anything to avoid that Rashford and Ronaldo front two. Who's the supporting striker? They both play like they should be the furthest guy forward but also Rash seems particularly bad at link up and hold up decisions.
I would play Ronaldo and Martial. He does not mind playing with another CF. He likes to drop down and get the ball and receive it. I think he and Sancho would play well together. If Ronaldo is getting into the 6 yard box, then Martial would be also the ideal player to play with him.

city-puma

I would play Ronaldo and Martial. He does not mind playing with another CF. He likes to drop down and get the ball and receive it. I think he and Sancho would play well together. If Ronaldo is getting into the 6 yard box, then Martial would be also the ideal player to play with him.
Agree with you. Is he injured or Ralf is phasing him out?

Trequarista10

Agreed, Martial would be well suited to this formation. His link up play is very good when in form.

He'd certainly be a better partner for Ronaldo, the Rashford and Ronaldo partnership is painful. On current form, and in terms of providing a balance with Ronaldo, I'd have Rashford behind all of Martial, Greenwood and Cavani.

KingCavani

I love how our injured players get so much better in the eyes of our fans after the team has a poor performance. Every. Single. Time.

Martial should never kick a ball for United again.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I love how our injured players get so much better in the eyes of our fans after the team has a poor performance. Every. Single. Time.

Why? Because he asked to leave because he isn’t getting chances? He is still on our payroll and if he can help then why not play him. Rashford is stinking up the place at the moment and we need results. I guess every player should get atleast one chance to show if they can play under new system. Why is everyone here so quick to shun players ?

Pickle85

Absolutely. Completely bizarre that folks feel that one of the most static, lazy forwards at the club could be a good fit for Ragnick's United. He's shown absolutely nothing in the last two years to hint that he may be the answer but still he's seen as an option.

Pickle85

Why? Because he asked to leave because he isn’t getting chances? He is still on our payroll and if he can help then why not play him. Rashford is stinking up the place at the moment and we need results. I guess every player should get atleast one chance to show if they can play under new system. Why is everyone here so quick to shun players ?
Turn that question around: what, to you, has he shown in the last eighteen months to imply that he's worth another go?

InfiniteBoredom

Turn that question around: what, to you, has he shown in the last eighteen months to imply that he's worth another go?
Shouldn’t everybody get a clean slate under a new manager?

If Rangnick has decided that he’d rather not count a player who has expressed a wish to leave into his plan, that’s fair enough. Otherwise, he like everybody else in the squad should have the chance to fail or succeed under this manager.

pratyush_utd

Well he has shown enough in his time here that he is a fine player. Just not consistent enough. Terribly mismanaged also. Lets see what he can do in new system. If you have opinion that he hasn’t achieved anything here then there is nothing i can say that will convince you

KingCavani

He played against Villareal and was disgraceful. He seen a new manager come in and rather than rejuvenate him or drive him on he pushes to leave.

He hasn’t played one full consistently good season since joining the club and his style of play is completely antithetical to what we want to do, which is probably why he’s looking to leave.

It says a lot that the best thing you can say for him is Rashford’s shocking form. His place should be under pressure but there’s Cavani and Greenwood who are more deserving of an opportunity and failing that I’d change the system before giving this waste of time another kick for this club. He’s had one too many chances as it is and even if he were to find form you know he wont sustain it because he never does.

Pickle85

Shouldn’t everybody get a clean slate under a new manager?

If Rangnick has decided that he’d rather not count a player who has expressed a wish to leave into his plan, that’s fair enough. Otherwise, he like everybody else in the squad should have the chance to fail or succeed under this manager.
I don't think we have the time to give a player that's already had countless opportunities to adapt to various managers another chance - we need results now. If he was showing willing in training then I have no doubt he'd get a look in but nothing that he's done in the last eighteen months and more would convince a top coach to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Well he has shown enough in his time here that he is a fine player. Just not consistent enough. Terribly mismanaged also. Lets see what he can do in new system. If you have opinion that he hasn’t achieved
anything here then there is nothing i can say that will convince you
So what in your opinion has he achieved here?

pratyush_utd

So what in your opinion has he achieved here?
He has scored 78 goals and has 50 assist in 268 games. For context, Rashford has 91 goals and 57 assist in 283 games. Not that bad considering he was horribly managed by Mourinho.

He was poor last season but lets not rewrite his entire contribution.

Pickle85

He has scored 78 goals and has 50 assist in 268 games. For context, Rashford has 91 goals and 57 assist in 283 games. Not that bad considering he was horribly managed by Mourinho.

He was poor last season but lets not rewrite his entire contribution.
Not sure why you're bringing Rashford, another player that has underperformed, into this as a point of comparison. Leaving aside the fact that those stats aren't exactly impressive, if you actually watch the matches he's played the last few years you'll see why people don't want him anywhere near the starting eleven. Question: do you genuinely think he can play the pressing game that RR wants?

pratyush_utd

Not sure why you're bringing Rashford, another player that has underperformed, into this as a point of comparison. Leaving aside the fact that those stats aren't exactly impressive, if you actually watch the matches he's played the last few years you'll see why people don't want him anywhere near the starting eleven. Question: do you genuinely think he can play the pressing game that RR wants?
Yes actually i think he is more suited 2 up top that Rangnick wants to play than Rashford at the moment. So i gave Rashford stats who is actually playing in the team right now. I was responding to the comment that Martial should not kick any ball for us. If both Rashford and Martial have performed similarly then why this comment is being used for Martial and not others?

As far as i am concerned, every player should get a chance under new manager. We just saw Scott putting two good performance under new management.

Pickle85

Yes actually i think he is more suited 2 up top that Rangnick wants to play than Rashford at the moment. So i gave Rashford stats who is actually playing in the team right now. I was responding to the comment that Martial should not kick any ball for us. If both Rashford and Martial have performed similarly then why this comment is being used for Martial and not others?

As far as i am concerned, every player should get a chance under new manager. We just saw Scott putting two good performance under new management.
Sorry buddy, I think we'll need to respectfully disagree here. I'm not sure many would feel the way you do about Tony but this forum is all about opinions, so fair enough.

criticalanalysis

Interestingly a fit Martial may suit the 4-2-2 forward position with Ronaldo.

Stranger things have happened.

Raven

I think he would be very well suited to the second striker system but the simple fact of the matter is that he's down the pecking order and fairly so. He's my favourite United player to watch when at his best but he seems incapable of showing that for a long time now and his performance against city last season was the last time we've seen top form Martial. Greenwood and Cavani are rightly in front of him but if he can get his chance and actually take it, which is unlikely, he could fit in nicely to this system I think.

psychdelicblues

Raganick, in his post match reaction yesterday bemoaned the lack of 'intensity and physicality"' displayed by the front 4. These qualities appear to be a antihisis to Martial.

Martial probably sees he has no rrole in the broader vision of the managers plans, hence his agents comments last week.

Bestietom

Can't understand why Rashford was left on the team for so long yesterday. Surely young Elanga or Greenwood is a better option.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Would have still been better than Rashford. Can actually hold a ball up, can actually pass. I swear if we continue with Ronaldo and Rashford we are going to struggle for goals

criticalanalysis

What in the last couple of years gives you confidence in this beyond 'stranger things have happened'?
There's very little confidence on my end but you just never know. It's more hope than anything else.

I've just seen the Covid outbreak news as well, so who knows maybe he will get an enforced chance now?

jem

As bad as he's been, I don't think he's looked as bad as Rashford has recently.

Pickle85

There's very little confidence on my end but you just never know. It's more hope than anything else.

I've just seen the Covid outbreak news as well, so who knows maybe he will get an enforced chance now?
Fair play. To be honest I would love to see him flourish...my frustration comes from what a talent he looked in his first couple of seasons. Would be great for us and him off he steps up. I don't see it but, like you, would love for it to happen.

criticalanalysis

Fair play. To be honest I would love to see him flourish...my frustration comes from what a talent he looked in his first couple of seasons. Would be great for us and him off he steps up. I don't see it but, like you, would love for it to happen.
I think that's the same for all of us as Utd fans. I wish him well but I don't have any strong affinity for his game as opposed to other much maligned players (e.g Fred, Shaw, Maguire, DVB etc) because we haven't seen any consistency of it. Of course that's down to bad luck and other reasons but right now his stock is as low as ever and sometimes you've got to accept a 'loss'.

Anyways you're only as good as your last game. This post would look silly if he starts and smashes it on Tuesday :lol:.

Status
Not open for further replies.