Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roux

Realistically, where could he go?

I hope this happens because he's never fit, low work rate and just not as lethal as a few seasons ago. I wonder how much we would get for him.

SonyaCross493

Glad he's going in January to get rid of him and his whining agent. I thought when we signed him we was going to get a signing as good as Henry. It hasn't worked out for whatever reason. Flashes here and there but no consistency and too lazy when he's been given a chance.

How much will Martial fetch in todays market? £50-£60M? Atleast we can get a great midfielder in January which is what we need. We don't need Martial he hardly plays anyway we have too many attackers so trading Martial for a midfielder essentially is a great savvy bit of business.

Hopefully Newcastle and Barcelona will be all over this for a bidding war to rack up the price.

Last edited:

edgecutter

Getting a fee is going to be very difficult due to the wage he will demand.

Not upset he is leaving, you would honestly forget he was here. It is a shame he never lived up to expectation.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Best move for all. He had his good moments here but ultimately never made the step up, and his levels dropped quite a bit the past few years. Was very good in 19/20 but the rest wasn't enough. I still think he can be a very good player for someone, but it's not gonna happen for him at United with the depth we have.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He doesnt even want to prove himself under a new manager nor the potential next. It says something, he sees no future here.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Martial is not a top level player. He has all kinds of ability, but physically and mentally the guy appears to be very fragile.

Needs to leave England and carve out a career in a less demanding league.

Disappointing it didn't work after such a promising first season. But it's the best move for all. Cut our losses.

On a side note, his agent saying "he just wants to play"...I feel like he is always injured? So are the injury stories false?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Martial is not a top level player. He has all kinds of ability, but physically and mentally the guy appears to be very fragile.

Needs to leave England and carve out a career in a less demanding league.

Disappointing it didn't work after such a promising first season. But it's the best move for all. Cut our losses.

On a side note, his agent saying "he just wants to play"...I feel like he is always injured? So are the injury stories false?
It's what makes no sense, if he's injured he obviously can't expect to play, but I think he's been told in no uncertain terms that he no longer had a place on the team more than anything. I'm just having my doubts about him sticking with his decision when he will have to negotiate a new contract with his team that will be nowhere close to what he currently earns at United. Let's see how badly he wants to play then.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
He had one really good season under Ole in 19/20, his best season by far, but has fallen off the face of the earth since. He's never managed to become the number 9 go-to man we all wanted him to become, so this is a transfer that is due.

4 in 25 in 16/17, 9 in 30 in 17/18, 4 in 23 in 20/21. etc.

Outside of his one outlier season and now at the age of 26 its become evident that unless Martial is pulling a Vardy, a good career move for him would be to find a new challenge, assuming he's willing to put money away because no club is going to match that.

Moomalade74

This is fantastic news, get those ridiculous wages off the payroll. Squad trimming has begun.

Frank White

Will be sad if he goes like this, he should at least have a chance to show what he can do under new management (depending on what's been shown in training) If he does go though wish him all the best and hopefully he can rejuvenate his career elsewhere. Preferably outside of the prem.

Roane

Sounds like an agent making the best of a situation.

It's just conjecture on my part but I have a feeling he's been told he can leave.

Roane

I’ll be glad to see him go being honest, bring us some transfer funds in.
To be honest this is why I wrote the above. If newspaper reports are to be believed and RR has been allocates some money for the January window then we will probably get rid of some players, or attempt to, to free up funds.

I also think if he was classed as surplus to requirements then his agent potentially can't negotiate around his wages. Again a guess but a player wanting more games is likely to be able to negotiate better than one whose club says see ya we don't want you.

MrBest

The painful thing about Martial is that he is unbelievably talented but jas the perception that he cannot be bothered. He has not really developed in a few years, been messed around with his position and appears to be always injured. The thing for him would be to leave in Jan so he can jump start his career again. We have too many attacking players, losing him wouldn't make a dent.

Marwood

What a shame the way it's gone. All a bit of a waste of time really.

I don't think he'll be kickstarting his career anywhere either. If he can't motivate himself here it won't happen at Newcastle or wherever.

HailtotheKing

What a shame the way it's gone. All a bit of a waste of time really.

I don't think he'll be kickstarting his career anywhere either. If he can't motivate himself here it won't happen at Newcastle or wherever.
If he becomes the main man, he might. Seems his mental state is as fragile as his body and he doesn't cope well with pressure. If he knows he's the main figurehead of the club and has the team playing around him, I could imagine him becoming very good. I also think he could be pretty good in a Rangnick team. But if we get a good price, I'm happy to cut our losses.

Bwuk

I think Newcastle will push hard for him and Lingard, and likely Henderson if he's firmly second choice under Ragnick.

Wilson
Martial - Lingard - ASM​

That front 4 is decent enough to keep them up.

Jack Landers

He should join Madrid as a long term replacement for Benzema. He can be a real weapon for them.

Vinicious, Martial and Mbappe with Valverde, Camavingha (Pogba?) and Casemiro behind.

Jack Landers

New manager will have some good funds to spend next summer with Martial, Pogba, Lingard, Mata and Cavani all off the wage bill
Beanz leaving too. I don't think we should sign a CF next season. We'd have Ronaldo, Sancho, Rashford, GW, Elanga and Amad competing for 2 places assuming we are going with 2 FW. Perhaps sign Haaland if Ronaldo decides to leave.

Need to sign a couple of decent DM so Fred, Donny, Bruno and Pogba? could play behind the forwards. Also need ship out Mctominay, Pereira, Matic to Everton or something.

In defence need to get rid of Jones, BW and bring back Tuanzebe as 5th choice.

SAFMUTD

Seems a really mentally fragile player, there's always an excuse for him. Whether its Ibra taking his number, Lukaku arriving, etc he always looks as half arsed. He's not a hungry fighter kind of player, its only natural that with Ronaldo arriving he thinks "well that it for me" and so be it, its been 5 and a half seasons he's already 26 and there's no sign of improvement. He's basically the same player he was 6 years ago, so good riddance hopefully its a permanent one.

Marwood

Seems a really mentally fragile player, there's always an excuse for him. Whether its Ibra taking his number, Lukaku arriving, etc he always looks as half arsed. He's not a hungry fighter kind of player, its only natural that with Ronaldo arriving he thinks "well that it for me" and so be it, its been 5 and a half seasons he's already 26 and there's no sign of improvement. He's basically the same player he was 6 years ago, so good riddance hopefully its a permanent one.
I wish he was the same player he was 6 years ago.

Shunty

Supports
Man it’s
Always had great natural talent, I think with the right coach above him and not given the stupid 200k a week contract a few years ago he would have excelled.

The stars have not aligned for him sadly at United I can see him doing well for a club where he needs to earn his keep. If he goes to Newcastle though I don’t think he’ll reach his ceiling.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Newcastle's situation (shite team with loads of cash to burn) could be ideal for us. Probably the only team in the world that'd be willing to match his wages without thinking twice about it. He's still a big or biggish name too - kind of works as a "statement" signing for them.

Hope it happens - it can only be a good thing for Martial himself, one could add. His career is going nowhere, the likelihood of him turning it around at United isn't great.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Newcastle's situation (shite team with loads of cash to burn) could be ideal for us. Probably the only team in the world that'd be willing to match his wages without thinking twice about it. He's still a big or biggish name too - kind of works as a "statement" signing for them.

Hope it happens - it can only be a good thing for Martial himself, one could add. His career is going nowhere, the likelihood of him turning it around at United isn't great.
Imagine Martial terrorising the championship :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.