2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Son

Shameful. Stays at the club, gets paid about 2 million (at least) gets surgery and rehabs on the clubs time and then leaves on a free in the summer.
Roy Keane got his contract cancelled meanwhile martial gets to run it down after almost a decade of been a free loader.

It’s absolute insanity how he’s kept his job for nearly decade and produced nothing on the whole. I’m thinking of great martial moments and all came in his first season. 8 years ago:lol:

Nep77

Martial didn't live up to the potential due to various factor including his own desire to certain level but why is he hated so much around here? Guy has hardly been fit for 3 years and instead of staying on the bench collecting the pay check pushed for the loan move(Admittedly didn't work for him). He should have been let go in the summer but barrage of hate for the guy who have never slated the club or fan and has been bizarre.

Jezpeza

He doesn’t deserve to. How many second chances has the club given this clown.
absolutely. By April fixtures will be thinned out and we won’t need him anyway. Doubt he gets anything more than a pay as you play deal after us. Might see him at a mid table Bundesliga, Ligue 1 or La Liga team, thats his level

tothetop96

Roy Keane got his contract cancelled meanwhile martial gets to run it down after almost a decade of been a free loader.

It’s absolute insanity how he’s kept his job for nearly decade and produced nothing on the whole. I’m thinking of great martial moments and all came in his first season. 8 years ago:lol:
He's got a very respectable goal on average every 219 min for United. That's a goal roughly every 2.3 games worth of minutes. He just has a terrible injury record

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Sure, but you don't need much empathy to just say "we should've gotten rid long ago" and to just call him too injury prone rather than attack a players character, professionalism or whatever. A player being injury prone means nothing for their character. It's just their body can't keep up with what they try to do. The same happened to Pogba. There's nothing to suggest he doesn't treat himself well off the pitch. So criticism should be kept to just his use as a footballer (which isn't much, because of injuries).

As in the Phil Jones threads though, you'll see people calling him a waster, saying he has no interest in football and is money motivated, saying he's mooching off the club (remember, the club gave him the contract, he didn't hold us hostage...), and so on.

The way I look at his and Pogbas situations is that it's a bit shit and sad for them, that their bodies can't keep up with professional football, and Pogba especially resorted to trying experimental shit to help get over the injury issues and it's likely killed his career now.
Very wise post

spiriticon

I'm more frustrated at the club for keeping Martial than anything else.

I lost interest in Martial himself about 5 years ago.

BorisManUtd

Guess we'll see Martial play some football in United shirt through April and May but that'll be it. And it's good thing as Martial career has been ruined by injuries since 20/21. Not saying he was consistent before that but 2019/20 season was really good, I even voted him for POTY before Bruno even though Bruno basically got us into top 4.

Worrying thing is we only have one striker and that is Hojlund who is obviously young and can't provide goals consistently. So we'll continue struggling as expected.

Pickle85

One of the most glaring examples of how badly we've been mismanaged in recent years. How he's been here for as long as he has on the sort of money he's been on is an absolute mystery.

Juicy Juiced

No he didnt. However when you write off nearly every young player in favor off an old player then sometimes you will be right. A lot of young players dont live up to hype.
Yes he did.
Shaw, Pogba, Martial all injury prone and will left us for free.

lex talionis

Club management brought this disaster on itself. Nothing personal and I’m sure all of us wish him well in his personal life, but the sooner Martial leaves the club the better for everyone involved.

Son

He's got a very respectable goal on average every 219 min for United. That's a goal roughly every 2.3 games worth of minutes. He just has a terrible injury record
Considering the league he’s in that’s pretty good to be fair to him. He needs to go to Saudi and best Ronaldo in this scoring charts if he can stay fit.

I’d die with laughter after all Ronaldo’s bragging he got beaten by martial of all people :lol:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Has this guy ever earned a weakly check? Would be interested to know how many games he's been injured out of the total number of games played since his arrival.
He didn't get injured all that much in his first five years. The odd injury here and there that cost him 4-5 games, but it was all largely normal.

It was only in his sixth season (20/21) that his body started falling apart. We know he was struggling with injury earlier in that season but Ole kept playing him every game for months. He then tore his knee ligaments towards the end of the season (which may or may not have been caused by him constantly playing through injury), and he's never been the same since. Further injuries to his knee, hamstring, achilles, back, hip and now groin.

Stadjer

He didn't get injured all that much in his first five years. The odd injury here and there that cost him 4-5 games, but it was all largely normal.

It was only in his sixth season (20/21) that his body started falling apart. We know he was struggling with injury earlier in that season but Ole kept playing him every game for months. He then tore his knee ligaments towards the end of the season (which may or may not have been caused by him constantly playing through injury), and he's never been the same since. Further injuries to his knee, hamstring, achilles, back, hip and now groin.
It is a bit sad that quite a few posters only seem to know the version of Martial that is broken by injuries. They dont even remember how great he looked for LVG, how he did quite well for Mourinho despite Mourinho not actually wanting or liking him and how he was really breaking through when Ole was in charge. As a 24/25 year old he was scoring 17 goals and had 7 assists in 32 premier league matches during the 19/20 season. That is not bad at all.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
It is a bit sad that quite a few posters only seem to know the version of Martial that is broken by injuries. They dont even remember how great he looked for LVG, how he did quite well for Mourinho despite Mourinho not actually wanting or liking him and how he was really breaking through when Ole was in charge. As a 24/25 year old he was scoring 17 goals and had 7 assists in 32 premier league matches during the 19/20 season. That is not bad at all.
Total20963
That's his total output for us. 63 goals in 209 league appearances. For the money paid that's a poor return. Highest fee for a teenager in the world when we bought him. He did not live up to the promise.

Chairman Steve

Regardless of injuries, I don’t think he had the right mentality for us. He‘s never struck me as someone who would fight tooth and nail for their place but rather someone who not only expects their place to be guaranteed but to also be unopposed. We shouldn’t have players who only perform when everything is to their precise liking.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Total20963
That's his total output for us. 63 goals in 209 league appearances. For the money paid that's a poor return. Highest fee for a teenager in the world when we bought him. He did not live up to the promise.
A lot of those are sub appearances to be fair. His minutes are the equivalent of 146 games, so it's a goal ever 2.3 games. A better strike rate than Rashford.

Obviously his last four years have been poor to downright terrible as his body has fallen apart, but before that he was generally good. One of our best players in his first season, poor in his second when he got moved to a new position, our best left winger in his third and fourth seasons when Mourinho actually gave him a run of games, and then probably our best player in his fifth.

I'd agree he didn't live up to his promise, but I think a lot of people forget how young he was when the injures destroyed him. He was still only 24 when they started, and like I said he was just coming off a season when he was our best player. So up until the injuries he did look on track to live up to that promise, or at least still be a top player for us.

OmarUnited4ever

He had a horrific form in 20/21 season and since then he was just too injured to play, he was great in his first season and in 19/20, and was ok in-between, but since the start of 20/21 he wasn't good and should've been sold in summer 2022 or Jan 2023.

Hackman2210

Sad to see for the player but shocking decisions made by the UTD boardroom over contracts. Hopefully we learn a lesson from this. The club has been fleeced by agents, players and owners. Big cash cow - now it need to be loved again.

Paul778

Hardly a surprise for anyone, I guess he was told weeks ago and thats why he decided to go for the surgery.
From his perspective this next few months at utd is money in the bank.

Not playing and having surgery now is about trying to get his body into a state where he can actually play consistently so he can try to get the best contract he can in the summer.

Good luck with that. De Gea and Lingard are both prime examples of players paid way beyond their worth and unwilling to accept the reality of their worth when these mega contracts end.

crossy1686

career ending
Hardly a surprise for anyone, I guess he was told weeks ago and thats why he decided to go for the surgery.
100%, and although I understand him wanting to be fit and ready to start at a new club instead of starting his search while recovering from surgery, it's typical of what he's become at United. Massive contract, injury prone, doesn't give a shit.

soapythecat

Lock the thread - the useless lump won’t ever put a United shirt in again, thankfully.
One of our great grifters of modern times which we will be rid of in the Summer. He can join the likes of Pogba and Lingard as wasted talents that have an odd following of disciples.
Adios and good riddance.